News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

first daytona huh?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, October 03, 2005, 05:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

this must be chrylsers first daytona concept eh?-MATT

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope.....notice its an R/T car and the rear window plug isnt there
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

MaMopar threw that car together REAL quick for a press photo shot to introduce the new Charger Daytona... Obviously, noone was real particular about the "details" as we are today.. lol

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Brock Samson

the hidden headlights were taped on too...   ???
no scoops, incomplete stripe, and WTF are those other cars?..  :o

Ghoste

Did you find that online or is it a magazine you own?

Brock Samson

TruckDriver

I wonder what ever happened to the white Daytona-R/T ??? That car would be worth some clams now!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

does it count as a clone?..

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 03, 2005, 05:50:26 PM
Nope.....notice its an R/T car and the rear window plug isnt there
  I think they are driving it around the Creative Concepts parking lot...

ChargerPUNK,   You keep studying your XX cars, you are becoming quite the young AeroAficoinado!
What do you spy here???>:
**Link Removed**

Charger Aficionado

Sorry couldn't resist:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Did ya get the VIN # at least? ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 04, 2005, 07:30:47 AM
Did ya get the VIN # at least? ;)
He said there was none...  For some reason I don't believe him...  He though showing me those pix would scare me off from buying, but NOPE...  I kept at him, then he finally said he didn't own it, and owner was hard to get ahold of, and didn't want to sell...

jwilk01

Careful there Charger Aficionado, I'm on here too.  There is no vin tags on it at all, someone swiped them off the car years ago.  The car is not worth what everyone keeps offering.  This guy will not sell the whole car, not to mention it is badly twisted.  Come on up here I will show it to you and you will walk away from it.  Trust me I have been on this guy for months about it and finally he said you  can take one thing off of it that you want and that is it.  So I took the rear window chrome, it was the only thing that was salvagable.  Apparently the guy bought 15 years ago in a junk yard and it had been sitting in the junk yard for at least 5 years or more.  Sorry you don't believe me but it is the truth.

Later
Josh

PocketThunder

Quote from: jwilk01 on October 04, 2005, 04:01:00 PM
Careful there Charger Aficionado, I'm on here too.   There is no vin tags on it at all, someone swiped them off the car years ago.   The car is not worth what everyone keeps offering.   This guy will not sell the whole car, not to mention it is badly twisted.   Come on up here I will show it to you and you will walk away from it.   Trust me I have been on this guy for months about it and finally he said you   can take one thing off of it that you want and that is it.   So I took the rear window chrome, it was the only thing that was salvagable.   Apparently the guy bought 15 years ago in a junk yard and it had been sitting in the junk yard for at least 5 years or more.   Sorry you don't believe me but it is the truth.

Later
Josh

Every aero car is worth saving.  no matter how bad it is someone will want it.  that person is Fifthforcon, second in line would be me. ;D
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

LOVE the stripe on that cover :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69_500

Hey I'd take another 500 if someone finds one that is for sale that I could afford.

BigBlockSam

i would love to own a 500 put me on that list. in any condition. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

As far as that being the first Daytona, I say yes it is the first Daytona. First car they put a wing and a nose cone on for press release photo's. The other early photo car was F5 green and it was also missing the fender scoops.

Daytona Guy

The other thing about that car is that the nose and vallance were Glass. That pic motivated me to make my white and red Daytona. I will never do a white one again.

thallium

Quote from: Daytona Guy on October 04, 2005, 07:47:29 PM
The other thing about that car is that the nose and vallance were Glass. That pic motivated me to make my white and red Daytona. I will never do a white one again.

Dane, why won't you ever do a white car again?   Is there something I should know?   One of my options was maybe to do a white car with a red stripe.   Others colors I'm leaning towards doing also, but white was one of the options.

Daytona Guy

I had my White and red one for one year and found out that it was the most boaring dull color for a wing car. It just seemed to blend in to everything. I felt I was driving a Grandma's Daytona, like all I needed was some hubcaps, white walls and a walker in the back seat. That is why I am not all that hip on black either, it is a ghost color, you seem to look past it. Although my black & Gold one was one of my fondest Daytona's. If you go black you need to have chrome to highlight your fenderwells and big chrome/shiny wheels.

Charger Aficionado

There is no vin tags on it at all, someone swiped them off the car years ago. The car is not worth what everyone keeps offering. This guy will not sell the whole car, not to mention it is badly twisted. Come on up here I will show it to you and you will walk away from it.
I would never walk away from it.  I need alot of sheetmetal for my car.  I could use alot of what is there.  How or WHY would ANYONE turn-down CASH for something they think is worthless?  I need the rear window all the way back to the end of the car (including trunk gutters, and decklid).  I will pay you whatever he asks.
  NOW, I notice that the auction for the rear window trim is gone.  I really can't stand this.  I have HAD to ask some people if they would end early since I need parts so bad.  Most eBayers seem OFFENDED if you ask, like it has impugned their integrity or something.  So, now I don't bother, and TRUST that the auctions will take their course...  My mistake.  I guess you got a good offer huh?  I was prepared to pay 1k for that stuff or more (depending on max bid).  Hope you got at least that. 

jwilk01

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on October 05, 2005, 03:08:03 AM
There is no vin tags on it at all, someone swiped them off the car years ago. The car is not worth what everyone keeps offering. This guy will not sell the whole car, not to mention it is badly twisted. Come on up here I will show it to you and you will walk away from it.
  I would never walk away from it.   I need alot of sheetmetal for my car.   I could use alot of what is there.   How or WHY would ANYONE turn-down CASH for something they think is worthless?   I need the rear window all the way back to the end of the car (including trunk gutters, and decklid).   I will pay you whatever he asks.
  NOW, I notice that the auction for the rear window trim is gone.   I really can't stand this.   I have HAD to ask some people if they would end early since I need parts so bad.   Most eBayers seem OFFENDED if you ask, like it has impugned their integrity or something.   So, now I don't bother, and TRUST that the auctions will take their course...   My mistake.   I guess you got a good offer huh?   I was prepared to pay 1k for that stuff or more (depending on max bid).   Hope you got at least that.  

I don't think you understand, that is not surface rust or paint on that car all the metal on it is paper thin.  If you lean on it you will go through it.  I have restored a few cars and if it was worth saving trust me I would have pushed even harder than I have to get the car.  There is barely anything left of the trunklid, quarter panels and tail panel.  Sorry your mad but, I can't help it that this guy will not sell the car.

Later
Josh

hemigeno

Josh,

Can you still read the VIN stamping on the rear trunk lip/rail?

Geno

BigBlockSam

i dig white wing cars, i think they look tough. i had a white gto, man i dug that car. whites a great color to hide inperfections in the body work. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img