News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If Mopar never existed...

Started by zerfetzen, December 27, 2007, 11:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would you prefer for muscle cars, motors, etc.?

Ford
27 (33.3%)
GM
45 (55.6%)
European
3 (3.7%)
Asian
0 (0%)
Other
6 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Ghoste

There were a lot of us picked Ford Danny, or do you mean the Boss 9 part?  I can't help wondering how the voting would look if the poll had broken GM down into divisions.  Given their engineering differences and inter-division rivalry in the 60's I think it would be a fair breakdown.  As an example, there are a lot more differences between the Pontiac and Buick lineup than Dodge and Plymouth from an engineering standpoint.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: 69_500 on December 29, 2007, 09:02:49 AM
Wow I'm really suprised that only one other person had the same thoughts as I did on this one.

If no Mopars existed then I'd got straight with the Fords, and straight to a 69 Boss 429 Mustang. That and I love the Talladega's as well, and who doesn't like the 427 Thunderbolts?

Side note the 62 Pontiac Catalina (Swiss cheese cars) are pretty nice too.

Had one, not a lightweight front end "swiss cheese" car, but a 389 CI, two door.   It had 16 k miles on it when I got it from my Grammy.   Ironically, I sold it to get my Charger.  :'(

1FastCharger

I'd go for a Ford, but not quite what you might think. I would get an Aussie Falcon.

66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TheGhost

If Mopar didn't exist, I'd probably own a LeMans/GTO right now.  Perferably a 66-67.  Easily the most beautiful car GM ever made.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

BronzeOnSteelies

Pontiac 455 HO

My first car was a 1973 Pontiac Grand Am with a 400 in it and next was a 78 Formula Firebird. I should have looked for a Charger but we really did not see them around. Not one in town or in our high school. Never really thought about it before.

I would go for a white on blue or blue on white 70 Trans Am or a

67/68 Firebird
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

Argos_Chargers

If MoPar didn't exist I'd probably be driveing a bone stock rice=grinder, be bored silly and have a WHOLR LOT nore money in my pocket. 
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

keepat

Looks like most would have a Pontiac if mopar never existed :scratchchin: My HS car was a 66 GTO and the 1st car I completely restored ground up was a 64 GTO. And I just bought a 1972 455 HO Trans Am as this years project car.
Pat

nakita7

GM, Pontiac GTO, Chevelle, GSX or a Javelin.

Lowprofile

Quote from: keepat on January 01, 2008, 10:42:20 PM
Looks like most would have a Pontiac if mopar never existed :scratchchin: My HS car was a 66 GTO and the 1st car I completely restored ground up was a 64 GTO. And I just bought a 1972 455 HO Trans Am as this years project car.
Pat

Wow! Nice score bro. Always one of my favorites. :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Brock Samson

If MOPAR didn't exist I'd have to invent it...  :slap:

1.  '67-'68 Shelby.

2.  1969 427 Vette.

3. '70 Trans Am.

4. 1971 Monte Carlo SS 454.

5. '66 Riviara Grand Sport.

6. '69 AMX.

that's the short list.  :shruggy:

73chgrSE

That would be a lame world indeed. The other manufacturers products would not have been as good without mopars competiton around. But I would have to go with pontiac. Either a firebird or gto judge.

69_500

I was refering to the Boss 429's in particular. I saw that quite a few people picked Fords. Seems a lot more like the Pontiacs though.

I gotta agree that the 1970 GTO Judge's are pretty nice.

I will also admit that I was very impressed with seeing some of the origional 62 Catalina Swiss Cheese cars last year. Sat down and talked to Mr. GTO about them for quite a while. For those of you trying to figure out who he is think "THE FARMER". Ernie Beswick. Great man to talk to. Got a video interview set up with him to talk about racing the cars back in the 60's through the mid 70's. I wasn't aware that he had drove in Nascar as well.

Ghoste