News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73/74 charger bumper filler moulding to repoduce

Started by rudyjrusa, December 28, 2007, 03:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

Mike is looking for a good set of 1973/1974 bumper filler molding so he can reproduce them - does anybody have a good clean front and rear set you can sent to Mike??

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Resoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

BMOTOXSTAR

I will take a look. Mike is close to me, not even an hour. :2thumbs:
Looks like you will beat Chargerkid to these. :nana: :nana:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 28, 2007, 04:11:19 PM
I will take a look. Mike is close to me, not even an hour. :2thumbs:
Looks like you will beat Chargerkid to these. :nana: :nana:

hi - i was going to send mine - but the front is ripped and the rear one is bent alittle - i can really use a new set.  If you have a clean set - that would be great.  thanks

BMOTOXSTAR

I checked and I sold my sets allready, except for what is on my Charger. I will need a new set as well. Sorry, thought I still had the extra set. :icon_smile_big:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 28, 2007, 09:28:29 PM
I checked and I sold my sets allready, except for what is on my Charger. I will need a new set as well. Sorry, thought I still had the extra set. :icon_smile_big:

maybe somebody on this board can send a clean set to Mike for reproduction??

Charger1973

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Charger1973 on December 29, 2007, 12:01:57 AM
Sold mine to Brian a year or so ago. 

Thanks man, you charged a fair price and they are the ones I have on my Charger now. :D :cheers: :2thumbs:
The set I sold were not so good so they would have not made a good set to re-pop.
Please keep us posted on those fillers, that wil be sweet. :drool5:
Just please do not take over a year to make them, what I mean is please do not dangle a carrot in front of the 3rd gen guys that need them, like a certain member on this site. Hmmm. Hmmmm....not naming any names or anything. :RantExplode: Like when we were asked if a certain 3rd gen should be parted out or not, hmmm, hmmmm.... :icon_smile_question: :brickwall:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

hemihead

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 29, 2007, 09:25:46 AM
Quote from: Charger1973 on December 29, 2007, 12:01:57 AM
Sold mine to Brian a year or so ago. 

Thanks man, you charged a fair price and they are the ones I have on my Charger now. :D :cheers: :2thumbs:
The set I sold were not so good so they would have not made a good set to re-pop.
Please keep us posted on those fillers, that wil be sweet. :drool5:
Just please do not take over a year to make them, what I mean is please do not dangle a carrot in front of the 3rd gen guys that need them, like a certain member on this site. Hmmm. Hmmmm....not naming any names or anything. :RantExplode: Like when we were asked if a certain 3rd gen should be parted out or not, hmmm, hmmmm.... :icon_smile_question: :brickwall:
Someone needs to get a life .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

rudyjrusa

i will keep looking for a set to re-pop - but need help from people on this board - if anybody can find a clean set to send to mike - please let me know!

Charger1973

Does anyone have any NOS fillers you could buy?  It would be expensive, but I think that would be about the only way to go.  I havent seen any perfect used ones, except on mint original cars, but im sure there are people who have some NOS stashed away.  There always is...

Another question.  Say you had one corner filler, would he need the other side or can the opposite side be made from it?  That might cut down the number of parts you need to locate.... I just think you might have trouble finding a complete set in perfect shape.  One piece is going to be hard enough.  Good luck on that front center strip.   

Nacho-RT74

mmmmm... did he mention something about headlights surrounders fillers ? :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chargerkid

I think BMX should take the ones off his car to donate for the production. 

Be a BIG boy at talk smack to me at the Winter Classic show...not on here.

BMOTOXSTAR

Allright Rob,
  I will bring some boxing gloves, a pair for you & a pair for me.  :boxing_smiley:
Plus you are  bigger than me. :o
But I guess you have just called me out. You have 6 weeks to get ready. :2thumbs: :cheers:
I really love ya' man, I mean  it. I guess you do not like it when I give you a hard time.  :pity:
BTW, I would love to donate my set, as long as I get a re-pop set in return. :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 29, 2007, 04:35:47 PM
Allright Rob,
  I will bring some boxing gloves, a pair for you & a pair for me.  :boxing_smiley:
But I guess you have just called me out. You have 6 weeks to get ready. :2thumbs: :cheers:
I really love ya' man, I mean  it. I guess you do not like it when I give you a hard time.  :pity:
BTW, I would love to donate my set, as long as I get a re-pop set in return. :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

Hi - please call Mike - he said he would give that person the first set of re-pops for free.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: rudyjrusa on December 29, 2007, 04:41:25 PM
Allright Rob,

Hi - please call Mike - he said he would give that person the first set of re-pops for free.

Thanks, I sent you a PM, please read.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 29, 2007, 04:49:13 PM
Quote from: rudyjrusa on December 29, 2007, 04:41:25 PM
Allright Rob,

Thanks, I sent you a PM, please read.
See that Robby, that is how it works.  :cheers: :nana:

i am also trying to get Mike to reproduce the 73/74 front SE grilles and the rear tail light bezels - if enough people call him up he might change his mind and re-pop those too!!!    He says that there is not a big market for those - i said there is - please make them!!! 

Nacho-RT74

no market? there were more 73/74 produced that any any other model !
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Ghoste

Judhudson

I would literally explode if bumper fillers were finally availble.  Of course, I won't be alive to enjoy them if I actually did...

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Judhudson on December 30, 2007, 10:54:02 PM
I would literally explode if bumper fillers were finally availble.  Of course, I won't be alive to enjoy them if I actually did...

:smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

bordin34

I have front or rear side fillers in OK condition. You can tell they are used but not terrible. They are a little wavy some have paint on them but I don't think any are cracked. I don't need tail light housings though.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Ghoste on December 30, 2007, 10:53:32 PM
But how many are being restored?

not like 2nd gens, but more that we think ;) we are GROWING UP :D

but if that's the question.... what's the reason to reproduce bumper fillers, rallye stripes ( specially phasered ) and tail lenses and not the tail housings ? market is the same for those and those parts already are being reproduced and sold don't you think ? :D.

In fact there is more market for Tail light housings and fillers than rallye stripes if we stop to think on that. Only true is that stripes are easier to repro, with low cost production

Only stuff would it be if repro tal housing to SE ( chromed ) or regulars.

Stroker

I would defenately take these bumper-fillers and taillight housing if they were available. :drool5: Cant find good ones nowhere.
And I know atleast 4 guys in my area who think the same.

SO, please start making those :yesnod: :yesnod:

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Nacho-RT74

rudyjrusa

Allright Rob,

did you get a chance to call Mike at BEAparts??

BMOTOXSTAR

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

farmerjon

BMOTOXSTAR

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on January 17, 2008, 07:22:47 AM
BE&A should be making them.  :icon_smile_big:

great.

I am trying to get them to make the 1974 charger front grilles and rear tail light bezels -i think we need to be persistent and they might give in. 

they are making repops of my qtr panel chrome pieces - i just received the PG classics catalog and they are in the catalog - i can't wait to get them!

twilt

Sorry, but it does not take a genius to figure out that reproducing 73-74 grilles would be financial suicide. I just looked at completed Ebay auctions and there were 6 used 73 Grilles. None sold for more than $40. 
That is pretty firm evidence to support the no market theory.

hemihead

I wouldn't say there is no market for them . Alot of people would buy new if available . I just don't think anyone would pay $400 a side . So there     
in lies the problem . It would cost too much to make and market and nobody would want to pay the final cost and the manufacturer couldn't make 2 million a year on it .
Quote from: rudyjrusa on January 17, 2008, 01:08:03 PM

great.

I am trying to get them to make the 1974 charger front grilles and rear tail light bezels -i think we need to be persistent and they might give in. 

they are making repops of my qtr panel chrome pieces - i just received the PG classics catalog and they are in the catalog - i can't wait to get them!

What part are you calling a " Tail light Bezel " on a 73 - 74 ?
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: twilt on January 18, 2008, 02:02:36 AM

That is pretty firm evidence to support the no market theory.

Those are parts not regulary needed what also there are plenty of those on used market still in good conditions being the most produced car, beside the headlight surrounders fillers what of course is a needed part, however all filers are damaged on mostly cars

twilt

Quote from: hemihead on January 18, 2008, 07:52:20 AM
I wouldn't say there is no market for them . Alot of people would buy new if available .

Then you should man up, put your money where your mouth is, and reproduce them. :icon_smile_big: 

I would agree with Nacho that the headlight fillers would be a good reproduction. A needed item that seemingly could be reproduced at a reasonable cost.

twilt

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on January 18, 2008, 03:56:13 PM
Chargerkid where are you, where are you Chargerkid? :popcrn:
I am surprised Rob has not chimed in on his progress on these. :popcrn: :icon_smile_cool:

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
Maybe you should advance him $50k to speed up the process.  :shortbus:

rudyjrusa

I wouldn't say there is no market for them . Alot of people would buy new if available . I just don't think anyone would pay $400 a side . So there     
in lies the problem . It would cost too much to make and market and nobody would want to pay the final cost and the manufacturer couldn't make 2 million a year on it .

great.

these!

rudyjrusa

73/74 front grilles - need these reproduced - BEAparts is thinking about it!!

rudyjrusa

PGclassic is in the process of reproducing the 73/74 1/4 panel chrome pieces for me - they are for the front and rear - they should be available by next month!!!!  just received there catalog and they want $175 dollars per pair!

farmerjon

Quote from: rudyjrusa on January 18, 2008, 10:52:26 PM
PGclassic is in the process of reproducing the 73/74 1/4 panel chrome pieces for me - they are for the front and rear - they should be available by next month!!!!  just received there catalog and they want $175 dollars per pair!

:eek2:  well  that is cheaper than I was quoted to re chrome mine  get a group discount please!!! :yesnod:

hemihead

Quote from: rudyjrusa on January 18, 2008, 10:44:59 PM

great.

these!
Sorry , I couldn't understand what you were calling Taillight Bezels as 73 - 74 doesn't have them . Those are Taillight Housings .
I don't see much of a market for those either . There are a lot of those for sale and they are relatively cheap still . Things I would like to see made are  Bulge Hoods , Cutout Rear Valances , AM/FM Stereo Radios , Front Fenders , Rear Floors . But again just like everyone else , I don't want to surrender my first born male child to get any of those items either .
  Led Zeppelin

farmerjon

Things I would like to see made are  Bulge Hoods , Cutout Rear Valances , AM/FM Stereo Radios , Front Fenders , Rear Floors . But again just like everyone else , I don't want to surrender my first born male child to get any of those items either .

:drool5: :drool5: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  am/fm radio   rubber bumper fillers  :yesnod:  :yesnod: 

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 29, 2007, 02:04:04 PM

Call Mike at BEAparts!

rudyjrusa

Quote from: rudyjrusa on January 28, 2008, 10:05:43 AM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 29, 2007, 02:04:04 PM

Call Mike at BEAparts!

maybe you can send him yours??

Nacho-RT74

mines are contracted. if I remove wont fit back again... I'm pretty sure of that!