News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73/74 charger bumper filler moulding to repoduce

Started by rudyjrusa, December 28, 2007, 03:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 29, 2007, 04:35:47 PM
Allright Rob,
  I will bring some boxing gloves, a pair for you & a pair for me.  :boxing_smiley:
Plus you are  bigger than me. :o
But I guess you have just called me out. You have 6 weeks to get ready. :2thumbs: :cheers:
I really love ya' man, I mean  it. I guess you do not like it when I give you a hard time.  :pity:
BTW, I would love to donate my set, as long as I get a re-pop set in return. :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

did you get a chance to call Mike at BEAparts??

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

farmerjon

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on January 17, 2008, 07:22:47 AM
BE&A should be making them.  :icon_smile_big:

great.

I am trying to get them to make the 1974 charger front grilles and rear tail light bezels -i think we need to be persistent and they might give in. 

they are making repops of my qtr panel chrome pieces - i just received the PG classics catalog and they are in the catalog - i can't wait to get them!

twilt

Sorry, but it does not take a genius to figure out that reproducing 73-74 grilles would be financial suicide. I just looked at completed Ebay auctions and there were 6 used 73 Grilles. None sold for more than $40. 
That is pretty firm evidence to support the no market theory.

hemihead

I wouldn't say there is no market for them . Alot of people would buy new if available . I just don't think anyone would pay $400 a side . So there     
in lies the problem . It would cost too much to make and market and nobody would want to pay the final cost and the manufacturer couldn't make 2 million a year on it .
Quote from: rudyjrusa on January 17, 2008, 01:08:03 PM

great.

I am trying to get them to make the 1974 charger front grilles and rear tail light bezels -i think we need to be persistent and they might give in. 

they are making repops of my qtr panel chrome pieces - i just received the PG classics catalog and they are in the catalog - i can't wait to get them!

What part are you calling a " Tail light Bezel " on a 73 - 74 ?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: twilt on January 18, 2008, 02:02:36 AM

That is pretty firm evidence to support the no market theory.

Those are parts not regulary needed what also there are plenty of those on used market still in good conditions being the most produced car, beside the headlight surrounders fillers what of course is a needed part, however all filers are damaged on mostly cars
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

twilt

Quote from: hemihead on January 18, 2008, 07:52:20 AM
I wouldn't say there is no market for them . Alot of people would buy new if available .

Then you should man up, put your money where your mouth is, and reproduce them. :icon_smile_big: 

I would agree with Nacho that the headlight fillers would be a good reproduction. A needed item that seemingly could be reproduced at a reasonable cost.

twilt

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on January 18, 2008, 03:56:13 PM
Chargerkid where are you, where are you Chargerkid? :popcrn:
I am surprised Rob has not chimed in on his progress on these. :popcrn: :icon_smile_cool:

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
Maybe you should advance him $50k to speed up the process.  :shortbus:

rudyjrusa

I wouldn't say there is no market for them . Alot of people would buy new if available . I just don't think anyone would pay $400 a side . So there     
in lies the problem . It would cost too much to make and market and nobody would want to pay the final cost and the manufacturer couldn't make 2 million a year on it .

great.

these!

rudyjrusa

73/74 front grilles - need these reproduced - BEAparts is thinking about it!!

rudyjrusa

PGclassic is in the process of reproducing the 73/74 1/4 panel chrome pieces for me - they are for the front and rear - they should be available by next month!!!!  just received there catalog and they want $175 dollars per pair!

farmerjon

Quote from: rudyjrusa on January 18, 2008, 10:52:26 PM
PGclassic is in the process of reproducing the 73/74 1/4 panel chrome pieces for me - they are for the front and rear - they should be available by next month!!!!  just received there catalog and they want $175 dollars per pair!

:eek2:  well  that is cheaper than I was quoted to re chrome mine  get a group discount please!!! :yesnod:

hemihead

Quote from: rudyjrusa on January 18, 2008, 10:44:59 PM

great.

these!
Sorry , I couldn't understand what you were calling Taillight Bezels as 73 - 74 doesn't have them . Those are Taillight Housings .
I don't see much of a market for those either . There are a lot of those for sale and they are relatively cheap still . Things I would like to see made are  Bulge Hoods , Cutout Rear Valances , AM/FM Stereo Radios , Front Fenders , Rear Floors . But again just like everyone else , I don't want to surrender my first born male child to get any of those items either .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

farmerjon

Things I would like to see made are  Bulge Hoods , Cutout Rear Valances , AM/FM Stereo Radios , Front Fenders , Rear Floors . But again just like everyone else , I don't want to surrender my first born male child to get any of those items either .

:drool5: :drool5: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  am/fm radio   rubber bumper fillers  :yesnod:  :yesnod: 

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 29, 2007, 02:04:04 PM
mmmmm... did he mention something about headlights surrounders fillers ? :D

Call Mike at BEAparts!

rudyjrusa

Quote from: rudyjrusa on January 28, 2008, 10:05:43 AM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 29, 2007, 02:04:04 PM
mmmmm... did he mention something about headlights surrounders fillers ? :D

Call Mike at BEAparts!

maybe you can send him yours??

Nacho-RT74

mines are contracted. if I remove wont fit back again... I'm pretty sure of that!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html