News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

air grabber

Started by dodgejp71, October 04, 2005, 07:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgejp71

Hi
i've bought a charger se from 72 with a 451 stroker engine and there is an hood installated with an air grabber also there is the airfilter for the carb.The only thing i miss is the valva what opens the air grabber.Is there somewhere or someone who sells those things complete?
Thanks jean-paul

Chryco Psycho

I believe they are available possibly for a different application but I`m not sure where ?

d72hemi

I know Year One has a lot of Air Graber parts. I would look in my book but it is 6000+ mile away from me back home. :icon_smile_sad:

dodgejp71

i know year one but they do not sel a complete set and the only thing i've got is the hood and the filter for the carb.I could order everything here in the netherlands at year one but the price is then 1,5 * the price in the usa.

Ghoste

I remember seeing in one of the magazines (I think it was Mopar Collectors Guide) that somebody was on amission to reproduce all the air grabber parts.  I cannot for the life of me recall who it was though or how much of it they were repopping.
Is your's there but non functional or is the part missing completely?

dodgejp71

Parts are not there i must build it up from the beginning so i'dont have anything

Ghoste

You just mean the vacuum solenoid right?  Everything else is there?

dodgejp71

No i've only got the hood.So ineed erealy everything i know there is a company in the usa who sells that stuff.I send them some mails but no reaktion.The name of the company is Wilson Production Incand the adres is 5007 Faust Crt. Oakville,MO.63129 and the phone number is (314)487-3298.They sell the air grabbers elektick but they dont want to contact me in the netherlands but they dont tell me why.

Ghoste

Maybe the owner had a bad experience with a Dutch girl?  I married one so I can easily understand how that could happen.
Seriously though, I wonder if there is anybody here who is near to that place and could find out what is up?

dodgejp71

Why are al the nice girls goes to the states? Are you happy with the dutch?I bought the car in oaklahomacity and the car looks nice.There are some things i like to change and one of the things are the air grabber The former owner gave some stuff for the grabber but i need the other stuff also.So maybe there is some one in the states who could help me?

Ghoste

Happy with my wife?  Hmmmm, interesting question.  Sometimes.  Typical marriage I guess.
I think the first thing we need to do is inventory what you have and what you need so we can find out for sure what is needed to get it all working for you.

dodgejp71

it is not much there is on the car a magnumhood and the pic show you what i've got more.Thats all

Ghoste

Do you have the underdash control switch or the vacuum lines?

dodgejp71

no nothing else more only two decals.

Ghoste

Wow, you weren't kidding.  You need just about everything.

dodgejp71

yep i told you so.But when it is ready i'm the only one in the netherlands who drives a charger se with a 451 stroker engine and a air grabber!

Ghoste

I scanned a parts list for you.  I have to put it into a useable size and then I'll send it on to you.

beenaround

there's a trap door on ebay right now.type "air grabber" in the search box. also see stingerfiberglass.com and see dayclona.com they repro a vacumn can that may work for you.also go to tonysparts.com he has some air grabber stuff used.most of the time you will need to source parts from all over.i know of no one who is a one stop shop.

dodgejp71

Thanks i've send the company's a mail and askerd what they could do for me.Stingerfiberglass has nothing in store what works on a charger only for a road runner and dayclona has nothing in store.So i've hope i get some answer from tonyparts.
Jp

Ghoste

Do you get Mopar Collectors Guide over there?

dodgejp71

The only one i've got send home is the mopar muscle magazine and i've got the catalogus from year one at home.
jp

Ghoste

MCG is mainly classified ads and that can be a great help.  Their editorial content is not like by some but if you ignore what you don't like and just pore over the ads, it's a great resource.

dodgejp71

I've send them a mail and asked of they could send me every month the magazine.I did it osle at the moper muscle magazine and now they send me every month that magazine.
Jp