News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

color of power drum brake booster

Started by 2nd69charger, December 31, 2007, 09:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2nd69charger

on a 69 what color is the brake booster on a car with power drum brakes? I think it was a gold color. It was very rusty so I can not tell for sure? If the gold color, what is the true name for that color? Also should the master brake cyl. bolt on cover be the gold color also. Mine is painted black.

gasoline_24

I believe the appropriate color is cadmium.  This is the gold color.  Eastwood sells a kit to mimic the appearance, but I have heard it is not that great.  There are some companies out there doing the cadmium as well as others that put on a coating that is similar in appearance.  The mounting plate is black.

2nd69charger

1969chargerrtse

Here's something sent to me about the Master cyl when I asked.    "M/C depends on the application.  manual & power drums had a natural cast iron body with cadnium top

power discs were all black incl the booster"
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

gtx6970

Quote from: 2nd69charger on December 31, 2007, 09:57:47 PM
on a 69 what color is the brake booster on a car with power drum brakes? I think it was a gold color. It was very rusty so I can not tell for sure? If the gold color, what is the true name for that color? Also should the master brake cyl. bolt on cover be the gold color also. Mine is painted black.

yellow (gold) zinc-dichromate