News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need new wheel studs

Started by charger2fast4u, January 01, 2008, 12:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger2fast4u

i need new rear wheel studs i have a 68 charger with a 8 3/4 rear what size threading and knurl do i need to get and what name brand do you's prefer

moparguy01

if your not racing you should be able to get any 1/2x20 lug studs. I've got the long ones from moroso on my car.

charger2fast4u

i'll just be on the street driving. so i should just get the 3'' one's? what size knurl will i need

NMike

knock out an old one and take it to the parts store. they should be able to match it up. if it is the left hand threads they probly will have to order it in for you.

moparguy01

if your putting new studs in and dont care about originality i'd pitch the damn left handed thread ones and go with the same on all 4 corners. at least if you ever take it to the tire shop they wont snap off your leftie studs.

Charger1973

Napa has a book they can order that stuff out of too.  Youd be suprised at the stuff they can order that other parts stores cant. 

charger2fast4u

what studs have the left hand threads on? i didn't really want to have to go to the store and match them up and all i was hoping  to be able to order them online and have them shipped with the rest of my parts i'm ordering.

moparguy01

all drivers side studs up to i think 1970 had left hand thread. passenger side was the normal thread

charger2fast4u

my studs must have been replaced before they are all normal threads. anyone know what size stud  knurl i need for a 68 charger 8 3/4 rear?  :shruggy:

gtx6970

Quote from: charger2fast4u on January 04, 2008, 07:41:25 AM
my studs must have been replaced before they are all normal threads. anyone know what size stud  knurl i need for a 68 charger 8 3/4 rear?  :shruggy:

Rears only ?
Dorman # 610-104 left hand threads
and 610-103 right hand threads
I have  Both in stock if you need them

Daytona R/T SE

Ok, I might be the odd one here, I like the left-handed threads on my old mopars, and it's not a problem for me because I would NEVER let one of those tire store monkeys touch one of my cars...If I need a tire mounted, balanced, etc. I leave the car at home on jackstands and take the wheels into the monkeys...My question is this:  Is it possible to put left handed lugs on the later model disc brake rotors? I bought one of those disc brake kits and it uses '85 Chrysler Fifth Avenue rotors....I would love to press out the RH studs in one of the rotors and press in a set of LH studs like mother Mopar intended...Anybody ever tried this? Does such a stud exist? Am I totally nuts?  :shruggy:

charger2fast4u

just the rears. i am trying to find out what size the knurl is so i can order ARP studs from jegs with the rest of my parts i'm getting thanks anyways though gtx6970. nobody knows what size they are?

Hemidog

bull

I just took mine down to the local tire shop and they matched them up for me, it's definitely not rocket science. I got rid of all my left-handed studs in the process.

dukeboy_318

got mine through o'rielly auto parts, cost me 15 bucks for a set of 20, i just took mine into them and they had a book too match them to and got them the next day :cheers:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

gtx6970

610-103 and 610-104
knurl outside diamter = .673