News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dodge has some of the most overpriced vehicles

Started by dukeboy_318, January 08, 2008, 10:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy_318

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

694spdRT

I think the vehicles listed have a lot more to do with gas prices than anything. The Durango is ugly IMO and as a result sales have suffered. As far as I am concerned all new cars are too expensive if you bother to look past the monthly payment.(which most people don't)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

bull

Any bets on how long it will be before this thread deteriorates into an argument about the UAW and unions in general? :dancinglock:

Todd Wilson

Thats probably a true article. Supply and demand has always been involved with the price of something. The Ram was a hot truck for sometime now and they held a premium price. Stuff isnt selling right now across the board and the bigger vehicles really arent due to gas prices. They are all gonna have to lower prices if they want to sell anything. I was told by a dealer general manager they had roughly 6grand as a dealership to play with on diesel ram's. Take that and the cashback incentive program they have sometimes which is 4grand usually and thats a possible 10g's off a sticker and everyone is still making money and the 45g truck is now a 35g truck.

Todd

JR

We were just talking about that here 5 min ago. I work for Auto Trim Design and just got done installing a set of step bars for a quad cab dodge for a dealer.

I got out from underneath when I got done, and happened to look at the sticker. This SXT six cylinder quad cab with a modest options list is 29995. That is stupidly high.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

mally69

I looked at a brand new quad cab and it was 33,000 WAY over priced , i considered trading my truck on a new on but no way...

68charger383

I'll open the door:

I noticed in Sundays paper a 2008 Charger for $16K and an R/T for $24K.

Doesn't look like sales are going that great for their cars either.  :popcrn:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

dukeboy_318

Quote from: bull on January 08, 2008, 11:10:21 AM
Any bets on how long it will be before this thread deteriorates into an argument about the UAW and unions in general? :dancinglock:

hopefully not, lets keep those opinions to ourselves, i hate locked threads :cheers:

dukeboy_318

base 07 chargers are priced right now at my local dodge dealer for 14k with all discounts included  :shruggy:

pettyfan43

Exactly WHY I bought my 04 Ram Quad Cab in Sept 06 with 21k (lease Turn in). I bought it for roughly HALF the original sticker price and didn't even have to argue!!!

Chargerfanatic

Quote from: 68charger383 on January 08, 2008, 07:19:17 PM
I'll open the door:

I noticed in Sundays paper a 2008 Charger for $16K and an R/T for $24K.

Doesn't look like sales are going that great for their cars either.  :popcrn:

I can bet once you call they don't have any for that price. I have seen that bait and switch for years. As for the prices I would like a truck, Charger or Challenger, but I can't afford what they are wanting for new vehicles. I still contend Dodge could have better served the company coming out with a low budget Challenger in the price range of a Mustang. Also I don't understand why they went to all this effort to build the Challenger, only to limit production. :shruggy: That's what the Viper and Prowler were for. That's my 2 cents.

87 Shelby GLHS

68charger383

I agree, most people don't realize that if you bought the challenger at MSRP and financed it, your looking at a monthly car payment in the neighborhood of about $700/mo.

Plus insurance and some gas...could easily be $900-$1000/mo.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

hemihead

But you notice how it seems nobody mentions how absolutely insane the Challenger price is ? Especially for a car that the owner will rarely drive because they think it is something special ?   :smilielol:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

snooter

dodge announced chally 08 production up to 10K units (9k already sold..info courtesy of allpar)..it s not really limited or exclusive..priced out a 2007 quad cab ram with leaher buckets....5000miles for 24K...thats a decent price...nobody selling trucks right now

tecmopar

None of the above mentioned vehicles are gas sippers so theres one problem right away. If thats not a concern then do as stated above, get a low mileage off lease for about half of sticker, add on the extended warranty and your getting a good deal but really no one is selling cars right now with this trickle down economy. Hell, I just bought the wife a new loaded Altima for 1200.00 UNDER invoice and they were happy to make the sale. Theres nothing at Chrysler that I like, or should I say that she liked enough to even consider buying and we did check out GM and Ford to try and stay American but NG. This is my first import, EVER, and I must say that so far I'm very impressed. Also, look at Craigs list and its amazing to see all of the trucks and SUV's for sale, at least around here anyway, people just can't afford it at 3.00+ per gallon AND going up to 3.50 by summertime. You all see the commercials on TV, every other one is a car/truck ad, no one is selling much of anything and yes, Mopars are overpriced so they can just keep them until they wise up.

Mike DC

A lot of the new vehicle market just isn't made for the masses anymore.  Even with the traditionally mass-market brands and models.  After 3 years the masses buy them nicely-used with 50K on the dial. 

It's a spiraling cycle.  As the new stuff shifts more and more towards higher-end buyers, the options & prices will continue to climb.