News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One R/T Grille Emblem

Started by gasoline_24, January 06, 2008, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

I purchased a YO R/T emblem for my grille several months ago and just got far enough to put the emblem on.  The problem is the posts do not appear long enough.  The emblem came with speed nuts to attach, but the threaded portion of the nut barley reaches the stud.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Did these come with speed nuts or were the originally attached with the flat style speed nuts?  Mine were originally attached with caulk.  I doubt this was a factory job.  I am sure YO will take them back or send a new one, but I don't want to order another and have the same issue.

Silver R/T

they're attached with nuts originally
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mike DC

The original emblems I've had for that spot were also pretty short-posted.  The repro might actually be "correct" that way. 

8WHEELER

Two of my original emblems, definitely have longer studs than the 'repop' units I have been fighting to
make work, on my 68's.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

gasoline_24

What did you do to make them work?  I still have the original and I could repaint it to work, but I figured it would be easier to go with a repop.  Guess I am understanding now why original is always better.

GreenMachine

I've had problems with the "T" breaking off after numerous cycles of the headlight doors on my '70. The "T" is just soldered on, I've broke 2 over a couple of years and won't buy another until they correct that. Until then, I guess my car will only be driven on the Road instead of the Road and Track  :icon_smile_big:.
   As far as studs, I used the flat style speed nuts, and they had enough grip on the stud.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.