News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winged Warriors Nation NATION MEET next year 2008 duluth minn

Started by moparstuart, January 07, 2008, 11:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopurr on January 17, 2008, 01:57:41 PM
I was actually referring to a Talladega and if it was welcome to be a part of the displays etc. with the Wings & b's.

This was a few years ago and maybe Sue has reconsidered.  :shruggy:
not sure on that situation but i think the track stuff usually involves membership being covered by club insurance maybe ? not sure of that situation ?  ww/nboa is a mopar aero car and  mopar b body only club for sure though! 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Half a dozen posts since you equated one man's opinion with a club position.  Good job.

Go where ya want to, sir.  I won't stop you.

69_500

Wow, I wasn't aware that my own bashing of my car would be a big ordeal. I appologize if I offended anyone with my comment. It isn't a clubs point of view, or even a point of view of this board. Its only my opinion. I can't help it I love the Daytona's. I like the Superbirds and 500's as well. I also like chargers, but all of the others come after the Daytona. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes with my post. If anything it was a  :slap: at my own car, as it doesn't have a WING either, and in my opinion is its own short coming.

Bring the HEMI 4 speed car to the show, by all means. It is a club for B bodies and Winged Warriors. Last year I drove down to the show in an Intrepid, and no one said anything about that.

Mopurr

You know Danny, if you are so unhappy with your car it goes so well with both of ours......lol

If there were not some diffence of opinion and differences in clubs, the world would be so cookie cuttered and not as much fun.

sometimes we forget that when others read what we say lovingly with sarcasm in the Aero forum they take for gospel

As for me, we had our b-body (Charger) for years before the Daytona and guess which one would stay in the garage if one had to go..... the Charger.

69_500

You have mentioned before how well the 500 goes with the 2 Chargers that you have. I think I've heard it at least ocne or twice now.  :nana:

If and when I find that ever ellusive Daytona that I can afford, I'll look you guys up to provide a nice new home for the 500. Everyone knows that I couldn't afford to have both, even as much as I would love to.

Beggers like me can't be picky though. Once again I wasn't trying to step on anyones toes, just more or less thinking out loud. Which online can be hazzardess to peoples health, mine mostly. If your a sarcastic person it doesn't come accross the best online, unless people know that is what your doing.

ITSA426

Quote from: pettybird on January 11, 2008, 09:31:42 PM
yep that's what I was thinking too.

i kinda apply DSAC car definitions to WW meets...

Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2008, 10:16:00 PM
Me too, actually I guess you could call it snoby or whatever, but I really wish their newsletters were all about the aero cars. I don't know how the whole winged cars and National B body association came together anyways. Seems like they should be 2 seperate things if you ask me.

Hopefully you can understand my confusion.  No matter how I read it I don't see that as bashing your own car.  I don't mean to sound sensitive but I got red-assed about those comments from people I invited to the meet.  People are reconsidering.  It reflects poorly on the Winged Warriors/NBOA.   I think all of these cars are meant to be enjoyed for what they are.  If it's still an issue let's talk it over in Duluth.  And Danny - I do have a 500 on my shopping list.  Lee

**edited by hemigeno to fix the quote references**

moparstuart

Quote from: ITSA426 on January 21, 2008, 02:45:35 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 11, 2008, 09:31:42 PM
yep that's what I was thinking too.

i kinda apply DSAC car definitions to WW meets...

Me too, actually I guess you could call it snoby or whatever, but I really wish their newsletters were all about the aero cars. I don't know how the whole winged cars and National B body association came together anyways. Seems like they should be 2 seperate things if you ask me.
Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2008, 10:16:00 PM

Hopefully you can understand my confusion.  No matter how I read it I don't see that as bashing your own car.  I don't mean to sound sensitive but I got red-assed about those comments from people I invited to the meet.  People are reconsidering.  It reflects poorly on the Winged Warriors/NBOA.   I think all of these cars are meant to be enjoyed for what they are.  If it's still an issue let's talk it over in Duluth.  And Danny - I do have a 500 on my shopping list.  Lee
lee i look forward to seeing you and your HEMI .  Glad you and your friends are coming !   I'm bringing my clone superbird  getting it out and about for the first time . 

69_500

Quote from: 69_500 on January 12, 2008, 02:34:42 PM
I've got no problem including the people who like the cars. I guess that comes out sounding harsh, but to me if I go to a show there are really only 3 cars that I'll stop and really look at. Those 3 are all the aero cars. Granted I'll stop and talk to people who have B bodies, but I don't take as much time staring at the rest of them. And when I go to a national meet for a winged car club, I expect to spend the whole day looking at the cars I love, and only those.

Then again there are people at those shows who could care less about the 500's as well, so I know where your coming from. Its like my dad always said when I was little,

"If it doesn't have a wing,
It doesn't mean a thing."

Thus excluding the 500's from anything special too. To be honest I think the only 500's my dad ever paid attention to are the HEMI 500's. Thinking back the Q5 500 we had was more or less just another car in the driveway, it wasn't given anything special.

I see. I thought the above post was the one that was causing the misunderstanding. This is the one I was talking about as a bash on my own car.

As far as having a Charger 500 on your shopping list, that is great. There honestly aren't very many people that I know of that go after 500's. Most peope that wind up with them, are seeking one of the other aero cars, and come accross a 500 for cheaper and wind up getting it. Or at least that is what has happend for at least a dozen people I know of.

For the other post, I was meerly thinking outloud and wondering how the two clubs/groups of cars were made into one? i don't remember the national B body owners being a part of the WW, at least not back when I was younger. I could be wrong, and if I am it definately wouldn't be the first time nor the last time. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes, and I'm definately not trying to step on anyone's toes now either. People are entitled to their opinions though, and I stick to my opinion that the only cars I wanted to see were the Daytona's. Honestly if you ask people who know me, I tend to walk right on past the Superbirds as well. I just know what I like. Now after I see the Daytona's that I want to see, then I go around and look at the other cars. I do like the Superbirds, as well as other B bodies. Love the 69 1/2 Superbee's and RR's. Also love the 69 and 70 GTX's. Like the trim packages on those, over the standard RR's from those years.

pettybird

First of all, you're still taking two peoples' opinions on a non-sanctioned WW/NBOA site and assuming those opinions are the club position, or at the very least the majority opinion.  And you're still wrong for doing so.  In addition, you took my comment to mean that "other" cars are meaningless.  That was also incorrect.

Wing cars are the cat's ass.  Period.  My parents bought the pair we have now before my first birthday--first word:  Da-da.  Second word:  Beep Beep.  Not kidding.  Mom still looks at me with disgust when she retells the story.  I'm not going to apologize for my love of the cars, either.  You grow up with something as special as wings (or Hemis!) and you're TOLD that they're special, and you're taken to meets for more than three decades to get together with other people that like them, and well, you'd like them too.  I'm far more interested in looking at a Talladega, Cyclone Spoiler or 500 than a Hemi car--Sorry.  Those are the "special" cars.

THAT BEING SAID, I'd like to look at your car, too.  I never said that I'd rather not look at it.

ITSA426

I feel everyone should feel welcome at any car show.  I would like the people I've invited to feel welcome in Duluth. 

It sounds like your parents have very nice cars and I'm looking forward to seeing them.  I enjoy the aero cars as much as anyone.

pettybird

Again, the problem is that you've made the illogical leap from two people who say they prefer wing cars, to a club position shunning non-wings.

The club hosts for the Duluth meet own Coronets, not wings.  Just an example.  There will be plenty of B-Bodies (although wings WILL dominate attendance, numberswise) and all are welcome.  The best part about cars of any kind is the story that each owner has with his car--the Lawsons (hosts) have owned one of their Coronets since new and have over a quarter million miles on it.

Danny and I are on the fringe of wings-over-all-others.  Seriously, the only car I can think of even contemplating trading a wing here for is a new Ford GT.  Nothing else.  On the other hand, club member Rick LaFollette owns a '70 GTX and dislikes wings.  He had a GTX, traded to a Superbird, didn't like it, and bought his current GTX.  It takes all kinds.

You have a Hemi car, for god's sake.  Who doesn't want that around?

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 22, 2008, 01:25:55 PM
Again, the problem is that you've made the illogical leap from two people who say they prefer wing cars, to a club position shunning non-wings.

The club hosts for the Duluth meet own Coronets, not wings.  Just an example.  There will be plenty of B-Bodies (although wings WILL dominate attendance, numberswise) and all are welcome.  The best part about cars of any kind is the story that each owner has with his car--the Lawsons (hosts) have owned one of their Coronets since new and have over a quarter million miles on it.

Danny and I are on the fringe of wings-over-all-others.  Seriously, the only car I can think of even contemplating trading a wing here for is a new Ford GT.  Nothing else.  On the other hand, club member Rick LaFollette owns a '70 GTX and dislikes wings.  He had a GTX, traded to a Superbird, didn't like it, and bought his current GTX.  It takes all kinds.

You have a Hemi car, for god's sake.  Who doesn't want that around?
hey dougy  we understand  lighten up please !!

PocketThunder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duluth,_Minnesota

Native American tribes had occupied the Duluth area for thousands of years. The original inhabitants are believed to have been members of Paleo-Indian cultures, followed by the "Old Copper" people, who hunted with spear points and knives and fished with metal hooks. Around two thousand years ago, the Woodlands people, known for their burial mounds and pottery, occupied the area. They also cultivated wild rice, a crop that continues to be harvested today by Ojibwa tribes in the region and is often seen being sold in the area, especially in Wisconsin. Duluth's name in the Ojibwe language is Onigamiinsing ("at the little portage") due to the small and easy portage across Minnesota Point between Lake Superior and western Superior Bay forming Duluth's harbor. According to Ojibwa Oral history, Spirit Island located near the Spirit Valley neighborhood was the "Sixth Stopping Place" where the northern and southern branches of the Ojibwa Nation came together and then proceeded to their "Seventh Stopping Place" near the present city of La Pointe, Wisconsin.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

FJMG

Wow PocketThunder that area looks beautiful. My car is still in a thousand pieces so I guess we will bring the Saturn. We met Curt and Janet at Fred's along with Sue and Ed, super people, can't wait to reconnect in June.
    ITSA426, I would LOVE  to see your car! especially alongside the hillside! I can remember a hillside 70 barracuda convertable at the nats in 87 or 88, you just don't see that stuff with a lot of emphasis on big block cars.

66chargerkid

This meet will be fun! Hope to see all the bad @$$ cars out there. I myself am a charger guy. BUt hey i grew up with wings around me.
We are all mopar family =)

pettybird

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 22, 2008, 01:49:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duluth,_Minnesota

Native American tribes had occupied the Duluth area for thousands of years. The original inhabitants are believed to have been members of Paleo-Indian cultures, followed by the "Old Copper" people, who hunted with spear points and knives...

I totally got a "wayne's world" Alice Cooper-explaining-Milwaukee moment there.

We're not worthy!  We're not worthy!

Moparheaven

I'm new :angel:......But I think that I'm going to have to ask for all of your MAN CARDS. :whistling:  I thought that we were MOPAR Guys.  That means THICK SKINNED.  Life could be worse. You could all be driving Chevys. :icon_smile_big:

This is to lighten up the mood a little...

I have a Superbird and still want to go just to meet everyone. Thats along way from Idaho.

Z

Mopurr

sorry I don't have a man card to surrender.....we are not all Mopar Guys.lol

But get that you are trying to lighten everything up.

Hope you have a nice time if you make it to the meet.

All opportunities for getting together for wings or others and getting to know new people is always a great opportunity

ITSA426

The wind chill temperature in Duluth this morning is in the minus 45F range.  Last I heard the actual temp is minus 19.  I'm looking forward to summer.

runninhorn

IF I put this wing on my Charger 500 could i then go to the meet? :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Any and all 500's are already welcome to attend the show. That and any other B bodies.

LilRedDave

So, back on track, is there a schedule for the show? I'd like to make it for at least two days. When would most of the cars going to be there?

moparstuart

Quote from: LilRedDave on March 08, 2008, 03:51:15 PM
So, back on track, is there a schedule for the show? I'd like to make it for at least two days. When would most of the cars going to be there?
http://www.wwnboa.org/comingevents.htm                       here are some of the events

ITSA426

LilRedDave

In case anyone is interested here is the tentative schedule sent to me by the group putting it on.

2008 WWNBOA National Meet Tentative Schedule
                                                      2/25/08

Well we hope you are planning to attend the national meet in Duluth MN this summer. We have many fun things planned. Monday will be registration and free day. There are many things to do around the Canal Park Inn. The historic Lift Bridge is just down the street with large ships passing throughout the day. The Lake Superior Maritime Museum is right next to the bridge and the Lakefront Walk starts there and follows the lakeshore for miles towards downtown. There is no charge for these attractions. Then there is the SS William Irving Oar Boat Museum and Coast Guard Cutter you can tour $9.00 for both, the Omnimax Theater $7.50, Great Lakes Aquarium $12.50 adult, $6.95 Child $9.96 Senior, Lake Superior Zoo $$9.00 adult $4.00 Child, Lake Superior Railroad Museum $10.00, Duluth Superior Excursions & Vista Fleet Sightseeing & Dining Cruises that tour the Duluth Harbor and lakefront, Top Hat Carriage Service, and Renegade Comedy Theater.
These are all within walking distance from the Canal Park Inn along with many shops and restaurants with walking distance to downtown Duluth.   Across the lift bridge is a Penninsula and at the end there is a park and swimming area.

Tuesday is still open but we are working on cruise to Moose Lake for something special and on to Cloquet for a get together with the local car folks.

Wednesday we plan on a cruise to Glensheen Mansion (Std cost $24.00 Adult, $13.00 Child, $22.00 Senior. That Evening we will meet up with the local cruisers in Duluth. Their local Wed Night Cruise will bring out 40 – 100 local cars.

Thursday we will leave in the AM for a drive up the North Shore stopping at Split Rock Lighthouse for a tour $8.00. Then on to Gooseberry Falls State Park for a Picnic. We have a shelter reserved right on the shores of Lake Superior. The park has wonderful waterfalls and many hiking trails. We will be getting Minnesota State Park permits at a discount. They will be good at all the State parks in the area for the day and there are many parks in the area.

Friday we are trying for a Pizza Train to Two Harbors. This is an old steam train that takes you on a scenic ride along the North Shore stopping at Two Harbors for a couple hours so we can check out the town. That evening we will have our club raffle at the Canal Park Inn.

Sat AM we are planning a farewell brunch at the Old Country Buffet and turning everyone loose.
These plans are all tentative and we need to know which events you are interested in. The prices shown are the standard price We will be getting a group rate but we need to know how large our group will be so please fill out the form provided with your preferences.

I would like tickets to the following:         
1. Split Rock Lighthouse                                     $ 8.00
2. State Park Permit                                          $ 3.00
3. Pizza Train to Two Harbors                              $4.00
4. Glensheen Mansion                                        $ 24.00
5. SS William Irving & Sundew Coast Guard Cutter  $ 9.50
6. Lake Superior Railroad Museum                        $ 10.00
7. Great Lakes Aquarium                                    $ 12.50
8. Lake Superior Zoo                                         $ 9.00
9. Harbor Cruise                                                $ 14.00
10. Omnimax Theater                                        $ 7.50