News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What you guys think about origional sound deadening material?

Started by Back N Black, January 07, 2008, 08:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

I've heard that this kit doesn't cover the floor pan like it should, that they're too small.

You can buy this type of stuff in rolls, it's available right down at your local auto body supply store. Wurth, Dynamat, etc make similar sound deadener. It's used by body shops to replace OEM sound deadener in modern vehicles. I was at a shop yesterday which had a roll, it was made by Dynamat. The entire roll was fairly light weight. It is adhesive backed & molds to your floor with a heat gun, probably the same or similar stuff that is on that eBay auction, just not cut out into shapes.

I'm looking into using this stuff on my car, as a lower-cost alternative than that higher priced silver-backed Dynamat stuff. It has to be an improvement over nothing at all.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

NMike

Quotet helps as a barrier against outside cold, heat, and noise and also helps protect floor pans from rust.

how does a giant sponge laying directly on the floor with almost zero chance of drying out going to prevent rust?

JimShine

I have that set in my car. It is better than nothing, but there is better out there. This kit doesn't cover under the front seats and does not accomodate console shift. If you have a console shift car, the hump from the rear of the console forward is exposed. It seems like a tar paper, so I am not sure how much water it would hold. But I Por15'ed the pan before placing these.

Shakey

I used Lizard Skin and I figure that, combined with the jute padding that comes with the carpet, should do the trick.

chgr500

I used that in my car as well...amazing how much heat transfer from the exhaust on the front floor pans and trans tunnel was eliminated....especially when the car is only driven in hot summer months with a black interior...also much quieter in the passenger compartment and my carpet set fits way better with the sound deadener...