News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'94 Dakota: would sway bar repair mess up alignment?

Started by bull, July 26, 2005, 12:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

About a month ago I replaced a broken sway bar bracket on my Dakota. Actually, I went ahead and replaced both with OEM brackets just to be sure, and now my pickup pulls to the right. I noticed the alignment change shortly after the repair but didn't think they were related. I don't understand how a sway bar could effect alignment. Is it a coincidence?

Chryco Psycho

unless something is bent or installed incorrectly it should not affect the alignment

bull

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 26, 2005, 01:48:37 AM
unless something is bent or installed incorrectly it should not affect the alignment

Nothing seems off to me. It did require a little tweaking to install the new brackets but it's not like I used a 3-foot breaker bar. All I needed was a small line up tool to align the holes. Oh well. I guess it's just a coincidence. I never bounced it off a curb or anything so it's just kind of odd that all of a sudden the thing pulls to the right when it's been near perfect for years.