News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

you have GOT to see these videos - real 1972 charger six pak

Started by 1958300, January 10, 2008, 12:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

We here in Michigan have known about Mike Shank's 72 Charger Rallye 440-6 pack for a long time. To me, (not being in the right circles) it was nothing more than an urban legend, as I never saw the car. Sadly, Mike was known to bullshit a lot when he worked at Detroit Connection/Detroit Performance Center/Mancini Racing...and if he didn't know you well enough - - he was a downright rude bastard.  It's good to see that the car does exist. Back in the day, the desirability and collectibility of 72 Chargers was nowhere near what it is today.  Nobody really questioned the authenticity, nor was it never really an issue. 

If you talked to him at any length, you would have a LONG list of rare desirable cars that he either had, once had, or knew somebody who had. He was very well connected within the Mopar world, and in Detroit he was considered a guru of sorts, but then again, I often wondered how much was bullshit - - and how much was real.  But like i said, I was an outsider.  If anybody has more details, post up. 

Ghoste

TUFCAT

Mike has since passed away..... In the mid 90's in think.  He knew MOPARS.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

TUFCAT

Ghoste, I have no idea, but I think member 1972rallye does.  He also lives in Michigan and is a friend of mine. You can PM him.

1972Rallye

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2008, 02:39:12 PM
My bad.  :blush2:
Do you know where the car is today?

Yes... his son currently owns the car and it is not for sale.  It needs a total restoration by all accounts I've heard.  There are a couple members here who have seen it and it is legit.

TUFCAT

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2008, 02:44:32 PM

Thanks.  :2thumbs:  An off topic aside which I'll delete shortly, but my 10 and 7 year old daughters are absolutely nuts about your avatar.  Evidently, it's waaaay cooler than mine is.  :shruggy:

Thanks Ghoste!  Great compliment...obviously you have a couple of really cool little girls there. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  I may look a little fat though?  I really do need to get back down to my fightin' weight!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

THE CHARGER PUNK

so would a 72 charger 440-pack have an orange engine with orange air cleaner like the 71 cars? or blue engine like the 72 and newer cars?-MATT

TUFCAT

Ghoste

That came up in another thread not all that long ago Matt but I forget if there was undebatable definitive answer or not.

TUFCAT

Come on guys, this topic is about one of the rarest Chargers in existence!!   I can't believe this thread died with out any posts from the hard-core Detroit Mopar fans.... :scratchchin:

70charginglizard

70charginglizard