News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with stripe placement for my BEE

Started by 1badbee, May 12, 2008, 12:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badbee

Hello everyone,

Im needing help with the stripe placement for my 70 BEE..Does anyone out there have the correct placement for this?? How far from the quarter do I come off??
How high is the bottom of the BEE circle off the marker light??
Please if anyone has some OLD factory lititure, or some GREAT pics that would be GREAT!!!

Thank you DODGE CHARGER!!!

71_Charger_R/T

Is it the "C" stripe or the "Rump" stripe?

1badbee

375instroke

They were all over the place, but ideally, the bee is centered on the body line, the marker is centered in the stripe, and the rear distance up the quarter and around the trunk is even.  Lots of original stripes are a bit forward of centered on the marker light, but I'm sure that was just lazy installation.  My description looks best.  Read this: Superbee stripe location

71_Charger_R/T

I have the dimensions off my old '69 original factory placement that I wrote down about 20 years ago. I can find them if you think it would help.

375instroke

I've seen original stripes all over the place.  I stand by my previous post.  Are the paint runs in my engine compartment, door jambs, and trunk on the engineering drawing?  I found a pic of my '69 Bee and the stripe (original paint car) is a bit forward of centered on the side marker.  I can't believe that's what they were trying for.

1badbee

Thanks with ALL your help everyone!!!
I will be getting pics of her soon to ya!!!

Thanks DODGE CHARGER!!!

375instroke

Use the wet method when you install it.  It lets you move it around and get all the air out.  Don't forget to paint the side light bezels stripe color.

1badbee

375instroke

Oops.  Forgot they were chrome.  Never owned newer than '69.