News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Prepping the Inside of the quarters

Started by bb go dart, January 12, 2008, 12:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb go dart

Hello all. I,m new to posting topics. I was hoping to get some ideas on prepping and sealing the inner quarter panels of a 70 duster that I am painting the trunk on. This is a hard to get to area on many Mopars, and tends to capture debris hold moisture and rust out quarters. Any ideas would be highly appreciated. The quarters are solid and I want to try to keep them that way. Thanks. :shruggy:

hemi-hampton

Make sure the drain plugs are not clogged with Debris. These can be found under the car in lower trunk extension. A round plastic plug the size of a golf ball with a funny looking hole in it. These getting clogged can rust out your lower 1/4's quick as water may sit in there, especially if you got a leaking back window. Spraying undercoat down there from inside trunk should help. :Twocents: :shruggy: LEON.