News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

average cost of paint

Started by ink68, January 14, 2008, 06:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ink68

on average, what can I look forward to spending on a new paintjob for my 68 charger?

EDIT for future viewers:  the body has been sanded by hand, glass beat, and primed at least twice
modifying a 68 and drooling over a new 426

bull

Welcome to the site. You'll have to provide a lot more information to get any kind of accurate answer.

With what you've given us to go on though I'd say somewhere between $1,000 and $30,000. So I guess that's an average of about $15,500. :D

Seriously, Does it need rust repair or just sanded and shot?
Are you going to do any of the work yourself?
Are you going to paint the trunk, engine comp, underbelly, etc?

There are many variables.

daytonalo

I LOVE THAT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

AutoRust

Quote from: bull on January 14, 2008, 07:11:04 AM
somewhere between $1,000 and $30,000. So I guess that's an average of about $15,500. :D

Well, that makes it clear as mud.   :2thumbs:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

bull

Quote from: AutoRust on January 14, 2008, 02:10:30 PM
somewhere between $1,000 and $30,000. So I guess that's an average of about $15,500. :D

Well, that makes it clear as mud.   :2thumbs:

Glad to help. :lol: But hey, with what we've been given it's somewhere between "ready to shoot" and "rusted hulk in a barn yard" so the "average" he wants is the middle between way high and way low. :shruggy:

The70RT

I agree Bull........ :lol: Kinda like WIW with no pics... :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ink68

Welcome to the site. You'll have to provide a lot more information to get any kind of accurate answer.

With what you've given us to go on though I'd say somewhere between $1,000 and $30,000. So I guess that's an average of about $15,500. :D

Seriously, Does it need rust repair or just sanded and shot?
Are you going to do any of the work yourself?
Are you going to paint the trunk, engine comp, underbelly, etc?

There are many variables.

Sorry about the long response time, I'm currently deployed so the internet is first-come, first-serve. The charger has been sanded by hand, glass beat, and primed at least twice. The owner before me had restored the body. I will leave the painting to the shop. I want to paint the entire body frame, inside and out.

My reason for doing so is because I want the original color on the car.

ink68

I don't have any pictures readily available yet.

hemi-hampton

How much do you have to spend, how much do you want to spend, how much do you think it would cost? LEON.

bull

Based on what you're telling us regarding the progress I'd say you're looking at between $5k and $10k depending on the shop, the rate and the owner's level of anal retention. Recently I was about where you are now and I got five or six quotes that fell within that price range.