News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hay Strat!!!! Its a truck!!!!

Started by Todd Wilson, October 05, 2005, 12:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

472 R/T SE

I didn't know Poor & Helpless was still in business.

I cut my teeth on a 140 ton friction rig.  I could put 100' of boom in, run the load line out across the boom @ a dead run by myself all in less than 2 hours.  Tough crane to get across the scales legally too.  You could control the front dolly/loadster in the cab.  I'd back it off right away when crossing the 1st set of platforms & once the loadster cleared would pump it up to take weight off the the tandem steer axles.  Right before the drivers hit the platform I'd dump the loadster cantilevering the weight forward lightening them up, by then it didn't matter what the rear dolly was doing since it was air activated & could never keep up.

Towards the end there were only a few oilers left that knew how to set one up & get across the scales legally so between the 2 of them I always had job security.  Operators absolutely hated running them & who can blame them after running some of our newer stuff.

Regardless of how much I hated them I'd go back out on one for the rest of my career if it meant I could go back to work.  :icon_smile:

charger490

Kern Dog

First time clicking on this thread.
WHO is Strat? I have never heard of a name like that.
Did you mean "straight" ?

Fred

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on November 22, 2012, 01:33:13 AM

Maybe it's Stack..........as in Hay.    :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on November 22, 2012, 02:08:00 AM

Maybe it's stack..........as in hay.    :smilielol:
:nana:

TruckDriver

Strat is Brock Samson (Dave, used to go by Stratocaster I think it was). Long time member from the site.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Kern Dog

Thank you... This title has confused me for awhile now.

hemigeno

Got this Craigslist listing through a Yahoo group, there is some REALLY cool old iron for sale, including a whole lot of Dodges... you've been warned though - if you click on the picasaweb link, you'll probably end up spending about an hour looking through the photos (if not more).

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/3609043057.html

Here's the advertisment's text (I didn't have time to save and re-post any of the photos, sorry):

125 rare and antique trucks for sale from 2k to 65k call with ?s no parts and no 500 dollar items no fords and 1 chevy thanks jim 1-914-490-2192 PLEASE DON'T EMAIL I WILL NOT RESPOND PHONE CALLS ONLY !!!!
PIX ARE HERE https://picasaweb.google.com/108558112057224313121/TrucksForSale?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL2Xq6TawsWHbA&feat=directlink

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on March 11, 2013, 10:12:27 AM
Got this Craigslist listing through a Yahoo group, there is some REALLY cool old iron for sale, including a whole lot of Dodges... you've been warned though - if you click on the picasaweb link, you'll probably end up spending about an hour looking through the photos (if not more).

Here's the advertisment's text (I didn't have time to save and re-post any of the photos, sorry):

125 rare and antique trucks for sale from 2k to 65k call with ?s no parts and no 500 dollar items no fords and 1 chevy thanks jim 1-914-490-2192 PLEASE DON'T EMAIL I WILL NOT RESPOND PHONE CALLS ONLY !!!!
PIX ARE HERE https://picasaweb.google.com/108558112057224313121/TrucksForSale?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL2Xq6TawsWHbA&feat=directlink

amazing he has so many of them store inside out of the weather even  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

LMAO    NO FORDS AND ONLY 1 CHEVY     lol
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TruckDriver

He sure likes Dodges. Lots of them  :yesnod:

He also has 2 of those old Mack pickup trucks. THOSE are extremely rare.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Todd Wilson

Super cool!   Lots of small Macks and some nice Reo Speed Wagons I like!   Diamond T's and lots of Dodges!

Todd

Old Moparz

Quote from: hemigeno on March 11, 2013, 10:12:27 AM

Thanks for the link Gene, there are some really cool trucks in those pics.   :2thumbs:

Danbury, CT is about 45 to 50 minutes from me. If I were truck shopping I'd love to go look at a few of them. I like the yellow & white Mack, the white ambulance thing, & the Power Wagon best. My wife Mary would want an old truck over the cars I have & even your Daytona.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

JB400

Lots of cool stuff to look at.  I wouldn't mind spending an afternoon there, just to look. :drool5: Thanks for posting :2thumbs:

hemigeno

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 11, 2013, 10:49:40 AM

Thanks for the link Gene, there are some really cool trucks in those pics.   :2thumbs:

Danbury, CT is about 45 to 50 minutes from me. If I were truck shopping I'd love to go look at a few of them. I like the yellow & white Mack, the white ambulance thing, & the Power Wagon best. My wife Mary would want an old truck over the cars I have & even your Daytona.  :lol:

Glad I could help waste some of your time today, Bob!   :rofl:  There's less political drama with owning a truck than with Daytonas, so Mary is on the right track if you ask me.  

I'm just wondering what on earth they did with that big honkin' spotlight built into the ambulance thing  :o

moparstuart

Early X-RAY machine that baby would shine right though you   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Or you could simply blind & stun the injured person with it like deer in the path of head lights to stop them from screaming.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

JB400

Maybe that's the light at the end of the tunnel :shruggy:  They say you see a bright light when you go :angel:

TruckDriver

PETE

Todd Wilson

Bob T

This Power Wagon was down at the Beach Hop, pic grabbed off another site
Old Dog, Old Tricks.