News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some bumper advice

Started by moparcrazy72, January 16, 2008, 02:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparcrazy72

I am looking to rechrome my bumpers, and was wondering if there was a place close to ware i live that would do it, or if there is a better way to get them done. i live in minnesota. i have a 1972 rallye charger.

resq302

All I can say is AVOID "THE BUMPER BOYZ" like the plague.  I speak from experience when we had our bumpers from our 71 Buick GS convert done.  I am sure others will chime in about them.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparcrazy72 on January 16, 2008, 02:10:32 PM
I am looking to rechrome my bumpers, and was wondering if there was a place close to ware i live that would do it, or if there is a better way to get them done. i live in minnesota. i have a 1972 rallye charger.

Are you anywhere near Brainard MN?

If so Id recommend Keystone , Thier Show Chrome is very nice and thats who I ALWAYS use with great success. They provide a lifetime warrentee also  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparcrazy72

Brainard isnt to far away, sounds like a good place, do you know how much they usally charge, or how long of a wait there is normaly? also do you have any contact info for them?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparcrazy72 on January 17, 2008, 02:02:30 PM
Brainard isnt to far away, sounds like a good place, do you know how much they usally charge, or how long of a wait there is normaly? also do you have any contact info for them?

Right now is the worst time to take them cause they are usually swamped with show chrome this time of the year, But as far as price id GUESS you would be looking at about 750 for both bumpers
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparcrazy72

I figured it would be pretty busy, i was hoping i would hopefully be able to have them back in time for mopars in the park, or feild or whatever it is now. thanx for the info. do you have a number for them, im sure i could find it someware if you dont. thanx for the help.

broken bumpstick

tommymac

I live in Albany NY and had Keystone do mine,Front and rear Inc 4 Bumperetts 1100 or so Inc tax,6 to 9 weeks,And they look Great.Reel NICE Lifetime Guarantee