News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona in downtown sf

Started by SFRT, January 19, 2008, 12:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

boy this topic sure woke up  :icon_smile_big:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

no daytona ever left the factory with a vynal top !   maybe dealer installed or maybe customized later but not factory !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

SFRT

Ok..Im sutpid..if this is a 'The Mod Top Car' wouldnt showing pictures gaurantee  it to be the 'Find Of The Century' and provide the seller with a fast sale?

I dont get it.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nascarxx29

The ad has been removed and the owner and daytona are now in the Aero car witness protection program :hah:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/544446189.html.Which explains why Charger punks Pharmacy ruined the pictures
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemigeno

Quote from: SFRT on January 20, 2008, 07:17:57 PM
Ok..Im sutpid..if this is a 'The Mod Top Car' wouldnt showing pictures gaurantee  it to be the 'Find Of The Century' and provide the seller with a fast sale?

I dont get it.

Only if the material was the same as Chrysler's other Mod-Tops (which it isn't) and if there was documentation to prove a factory-sanctioned connection (which there isn't). 

IMHO it would hurt the owner's chances of selling the car by making such a claim because of the negative publicity that would undoubtedly ensue.  The owner seems like a nice guy, and has not made any wild representations to me about the Mod-Top.

:Twocents:

SFRT

ok that makes sense. sp do you think then that this is a real green daytona that at some point had a weird aftermarket patterned top on it, got seen a few times and then the legend grew....?

but..I cant resist

Always Drive Responsibly

moparstuart

Quote from: SFRT on January 20, 2008, 07:32:04 PM
ok that makes sense.

but..I cant resist

UFO daytona      COOL i want to believe also

nascarxx29

Owning car that has 666 in its vin. :o.Whats even stranger that you have the fender tag  and etc info on this car .But a picture request is out of the question  :popcrn:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

PocketThunder

Quote from: nascarxx29 on January 20, 2008, 08:08:08 PM
  Owning car that has 666 in its vin. :o.Whats even stranger that you have the fender tag  and etc info on this car .But a picture request is out of the question  :popcrn:

Maybe Dave bought it and is going to restore it back to its mod top glory days and bring it out of the wood work after we've all forgotten about it.??... :shruggy:     :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SFRT

he's gonna build ONE AWESOME GENERAL LEE!!!
Always Drive Responsibly

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on January 20, 2008, 07:34:20 PM
Quote from: SFRT on January 20, 2008, 07:32:04 PM
ok that makes sense.

but..I cant resist

UFO daytona      COOL i want to believe also

That actually looks pretty cool..... And I can't believe I'm saying that.....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

THE CHARGER PUNK

I NEVER said period that it was ever a factory mod top daytona -MATT

BigBlockSam

you should build a mod top replica
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 21, 2008, 12:29:31 PM
you should build a mod top replica
that would be one way to make that green look better

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Ain't that what Mike's workin on?..  :shruggy:  :smilielol:

hemigeno

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 21, 2008, 12:19:59 PM
I NEVER said period that it was ever a factory mod top daytona -MATT

I wasn't going to point anything out on this subject until you posted that.  You most certainly HAVE made references to factory installation of a Mod-Top before on this board, and there were many more representations of that fact made on the old D-C.com board.  If Troy would only allow us to post the archived threads from the old site (he can't for legal reasons), you'd see a whole lot more.  There is a reason we all jumped your case about this subject, and that was you alleged/insisted, mostly on the old board, that the car was factory.

Matt, I have never said that a customized Mod-Top Daytona could not have existed.  With all the weird stuff out there, I'd almost be surprised if there wasn't some oddball creation.  There is a BIG difference between factory-installed or Creative Industries-installed options and a v-top installed at Joe's Customized Cars & Pool Cleaning Services.  All you'd have had to say way-back-when was that it's a custom car.

Oh, and for the record, here's your factory-installed reference on this site, which is also referenced in the monster thread Brock posted a link to:

Quote from: hemigeno on February 04, 2007, 02:51:40 PM

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 22, 2006, 06:18:00 PM
actually i belive there were more like 5 daytona se's built i have persoanlly seen 1 and it was an unrestored f8 green model with a/c,2nd one i saw on the net was again f8 green and was for sale and i think still is on some site(ill look 4 it),and the last one was i think f3 or f5 green and is featured on the net somewhere 2, a guy i know whos buddy owns a restored r4 daytona se that originally came with a factory mod-top and i have no info on #5-MATT

Emphasis added, in case you couldn't see what I was talking about.

Quote from: hemigeno on February 04, 2007, 02:51:40 PM

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on March 09, 2006, 05:32:01 PM
film is still in camera and will get developed very soon, mod top is gone but traces of it are still there and parts of the rare vinyl top xx29 trim is still and yes it is an se as there was the big SE decal on the roof and i looked at the dash to see the infamous xx29-MATT p.s. gimme a week tops and the pic of that car will be here.

Here is another instance where you are referring to "rare vinyl top xx29 trim", which absolutely implies a factory installation.  What else would it mean?

Matt, I am glad for your sake that independent pictures of the car have surfaced.  But for you to backpedal now and say that you never claimed it to be a factory car does not help your credibility at all.

:Twocents:

Brock Samson

I'm sure not an "Expert", 'n though I love DAYTONAs, They simply arn't practical, affordable or in my case garageable,.. Now a "slick as snot" 500, I could swing, but i really like the reccess and details of the grill and back window and the afforability of the Stock body style, plus i allways get a kick out of it when kids ask,  Hey Mr.  Where's  the headlites?.
Without having to reread" the monster thread", is it true there were SIX, S.E. DAYTONAs?. I'm sure some Daytonas had the S.E. (stuff) added.

Note from seller:

"Hello David,

Yes Very Nice cars

I hope some one will make mine look that good one day
I was told that there was 6 SE Daytona  maybe they all still are around or there was more than 6 ?

Pleas do not send out the Pictures I sent to you.    The pic of the green mod top green looks Great Just like
What my car should look like Hope some one will do it that way."

(This note from the seller was in response to the link and pictures of the big foot charger I e-mailed him)...
I'd really love to share the 1983 pic. with the modtop intact..

FJMG

HEY!! I've got some of that rare XX29 v-top trim, except the top was white and was installed in 1975 or 1976. I wonder how many Daytonas had this "late installed" option.

BigBlockSam

Quotecustomized Mod-Top Daytona   

:scratchchin: build a mod top daytona . :scratchchin: intresting .............NAAAAAAAAAAA

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 21, 2008, 02:24:10 PM
Quotecustomized Mod-Top Daytona   

:scratchchin: build a mod top daytona . :scratchchin: intresting .............NAAAAAAAAAAA
if you do it just make sure you make the trim look professional  I have seen some ugly  66's with vynal tops and bad homemade trim

PocketThunder

Quote from: FJMG on January 21, 2008, 02:00:10 PM
    HEY!! I've got some of that rare XX29 v-top trim, except the top was white and was installed in 1975 or 1976. I wonder how many Daytonas had this "late installed" option.

Hey, have i contacted you in the past to get pictures of your trim to see if it matches my trim?  I have the VT trim off of my C500, i'll try and post pictures of it tonight when i get home.  After further research i have concluded it is just some generic trim that was bent by hand by any old shop like Joe's Customized Cars & Pool Cleaning Services*...

Paul
in St. Paul

* that was a gut-buster Geno  :smilielol:   :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

I already have 6 confirmed SE Daytonas, and my sampling is nowhere near complete (maybe someday, but not at the moment!).  My guess is there were way more than six, but at the moment we can't verify or debunk Galen's number of 13 (11 US & 2 Canadian).  Wait a second - I can TOO debunk Galen's number...  of the 6 SE Daytonas I have, three of them are Canadian cars which is one more than Galen says there was.  Who knows!   :shruggy:

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 21, 2008, 02:35:35 PM
that was a gut-buster Geno :smilielol: :smilielol:

:D

Quote from: FJMG on January 21, 2008, 02:00:10 PM

Robert, I wonder if we can track down anyone who worked at JCC&PCS (Joe's Customized Cars & Pool Cleaning Services) to see if they remember your car?

:P

FJMG

Gene, Paul & I NEED the address of  JCC&PCS if this investigation is to proceed. We should make a trip there and ask everybody in the vicinity about the organization. Maybe we can dig up some photos of vinyl top Daytonas all lined up in a parking lot.

69_500

And don't forget about the row of vinyl toped Charger 500's that they must have worked on as well.

Man would love to see the photo's of the car with the vinyl top on it still.

Is anyone here really intersted in the car? I would be but for $150K I'm not. Can't swing that much.

tan top

Quote from: 69_500 on January 21, 2008, 05:11:25 PM
And don't forget about the row of vinyl toped Charger 500's that they must have worked on as well.

Man would love to see the photo's of the car with the vinyl top on it still.

Is anyone here really intersted in the car? I would be but for $150K I'm not. Can't swing that much.
yep love to see it  :yesnod:  intresting  stuff  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html