News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

horsepower and torque suggestions

Started by komninon, January 21, 2008, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komninon

with stock heads made 404hp 5000rpm and 489tq 3500 rpm                                                                                                                                                                                i have ordered the new heads from 440 source with their roller rockers. they said around 500hp and 525 tq.                                                                                                             440                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            performer rpm intake
750 holley dp
10.5 compression with new heads 84cc
cam Isky 280 232  485 108
17/8 headers                                                                                                                                                               

thank you, George.

hutch

your 440 pulled 404hp out of the box?  I just ordered a set of heads and rockers from 440 source and was not sure how much they would add. I was thinking around 50HP or so.  I have a performer intake as well so I hope I can pull something around 500hp.  That would be right nice.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Streetwize

You should be able to make 500/500 with a cam swap to the Comp XE 241/247 @.050 when you do the heads...the 232'ish cam will probably come up about 25 short but it'll make great torque and accelerate very strongly. To gain 25 above 5000 you'll likely need to sacrifice maybe 15-20 pound feet through the midrange and your peak will occur about 500 rpm higher all else being equal., it's up to your gearing and weight to decide if that's a good trade or not.
Wize

www.StreetwizePerformance.com