News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FYI ....Converting 68 door to 69 door

Started by Back N Black, January 22, 2008, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

Just thought i would share a couple of pics of converting a 68 door lock to a 69 door lock,not much to it really. First pic shows what you need from the 69 door, its the threaded rod on one end and the other one attaches in side the door. The second pic shows the lock position on the 68 door and the next pic shows the hole drilled for the new position for the 69 lock.The next one shows the rods attached and your done.

Back N Black

Rod attached inside the door.

8WHEELER

Brings back memories, I took my 68 in to the body shop in 1979, for them to put a new door skin on.
Well one year later after the paint had started checking, I took it back and of coarse they were out
of business and gone. So several years after that I wanted to put the stock door locks on, on the
inside of the car. Well the original style bigger shaft knobs will not go down in the hole  :rotz:  so I
take off the upper door panel, and find out they had put a 69 door on my 68, so I am pretty
in the know on this situation, but the hard way   :brickwall:  the hole they made in the door top
was to small. So I went out and bought a mint 68 door, my 69 door also had over 20 holes drilled in
it, with bondo coming through every hole.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

OttawaCharger

Nice job BnB  :2thumbs:
I was wondering how you'd made out with that  :scratchchin:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!