News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SPONSOR TO WIN?!?

Started by ECS, June 14, 2013, 12:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECS

It's always interesting to locate facts regarding individuals who commit to a particular position or point of view.  With that said, I wanted to take this time to thank Bob Bashton of MCACN for clearing up some of the "suspect actions" concerning the Daytona Trio displayed at his Show a few months ago.  If you recall, Mr. Bashton made it perfectly clear that no preferential treatment is ever given to any participant who enters his event.  Below is a link from a Chevy forum where Mr. Bashton started threads that praised and drew individual attention to one particular member of the Daytona Trio. Coincidently, one of his threads was started within a few weeks of coming here to deny preferential treatment for any Participant.  (See link below)

Also included (below) is the thread that was locked due to the controversial subject matter.  It is reassuring to know that sponsoring an event does not have any impact on the success of a participant whatsoever.  I thought I would bring this information to Gene and John's attention because I am sure that Bob also provided similar, individual praise for them as well.  I couldn't find any of those accolades in another forum (other than this one) but maybe Mr. Bashton can can let them know where he initiated/started similar threads pointing out their accomplishments.  :2thumbs: ......and yes, I am being completely sarcastic and calling out the lies and garbage explanations that were given to all of us.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/53/1/American_Muscle_Car_Restoratio

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,94196.125.html
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

resq302

Like I've said before Dave.  The one with the most money or political influence sets / changes the rules.  Ive seen it at small time shows and bigger national shows where its not the level of restoration or work but who you know.  So much for each vehicle being judged on their own merit.  And people wonder why I like working on them and driving them more than showing them. :rotz:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on June 14, 2013, 06:08:06 AM
Like I've said before Dave.  The one with the most money or political influence sets / changes the rules.  Ive seen it at small time shows and bigger national shows where its not the level of restoration or work but who you know.  So much for each vehicle being judged on their own merit.  And people wonder why I like working on them and driving them more than showing them. :rotz:

We're probably just being a little paranoid Brian.  I am sure that it is completely plausible that Bob just happened to stumble across a CHEVY FORUM (that is ALSO sponsored by the same Company) and start 3 different threads, praising a certain MOPAR that he was completely unattached or in neutral standing with.  Makes perfect sense doesn't it?  Like I said earlier, I'm sure that Bob has also done the same for Gene and John's Daytona's but those "praises" are probably written/hidden in some Ford, AMC, Pontiac or Buick Forum. 

If this example of fraternization wasn't so pathetic (and obvious) it might actually be funny.  It a complete kick in the teeth to all the other participants who enter their vehicles with the thought that they have a legitimate chance for whatever they are competing for.  Lets make sure we keep track of who gets the top score at this years Show.  Would you care to take a wild guess?  :eyes:  Like Bob said in that locked thread.........this is suppose to be "fun".  It appears that the more you pay, the more "fun" you can have at the Show. 
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

resq302

Quote from: ECS on June 14, 2013, 08:36:57 AM
Quote from: resq302 on June 14, 2013, 06:08:06 AM

We're probably just being a little paranoid Brian.  I am sure that it is completely plausible that Bob just happened to stumble across a CHEVY FORUM (that is ALSO sponsored by the same Company) and start 3 different threads, praising a certain MOPAR that he was completely unattached or in neutral standing with.  Makes perfect sense doesn't it?  Like I said earlier, I'm sure that Bob has also done the same for Gene and John's Daytona's but those "praises" are probably written/hidden in some Ford, AMC, Pontiac or Buick Forum. 

If this example of fraternization wasn't so pathetic (and obvious) it might actually be funny.  It a complete kick in the teeth to all the other participants who enter their vehicles with the thought that they have a legitimate chance for whatever they are competing for.  Lets make sure we keep track of who gets the top score at this years Show.  Would you care to take a wild guess?  :eyes:  Like Bob said in that locked thread.........this is suppose to be "fun".  It appears that the more you pay, the more "fun" you can have at the Show. 

Like I said above, that IS the fun part for me with these cars!  The bonus I get going to a show and meeting new people and seeing old friends is worth it over any trophy.  Although, my two daughters do enjoy playing with the trophies that I do bring home on occasion.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto