News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firing order

Started by charger freak2, January 25, 2008, 11:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger freak2

I have a new toy, a 71 440 sebring with the firing order all messed up if you are looking at the distributor from the top, is the 18436572 firing order go clockwise and is there an easy way to find #1 on the dist. cap by myself???

chargerman68

sure take to number one wire and plug out turn the engine over by hand with a breaker bar and socket till your finger is forced out of the hole.mark it on your dizzie and do it again to double check..make sure your not 180 out.then place your cap back on and start from teh number one wire counter clock ways with that firing order and u should have it
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

charger freak2

counter clockwise?? that could be my problem.........

FLG

charger freak2

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

charger freak2

Yep, it fired up, You guys are awesome......
no smoke or nothin, idles fine once its warmed up, when you give it some gas it sputters & sounds like its missing. I cleaned & gapped the plugs, made sure all the wires were on all the way, bumped the timing around a little. Idles fine, sputters when you hit the gas ?????? plug wires look ok but will replace anyway, rotor new, cap looks nice & clean.??????? Is this electronic ignition& do I need the vacuum advance or cap em? or anything else you can think of to do??