News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Canadian members of this site!

Started by Magnumcharger, January 26, 2008, 02:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

BTW,

If you are in Canada and you are looking for shop tools and a ton of other odd/unique tools you should check out your nearest Princess Auto. It is worth checking out. Good prices and alot of stuff you never see anywhere else.

http://www.princessauto.com/PAcountry.cfm?CTRY=CAN&INF=home

:2thumbs:

Back N Black

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 16, 2009, 09:31:28 AM
Yes you can buy from PG Classics (great stuff) but you will have to pay US$ and they will charge you taxes on that US$.

There is National Moparts....but they get their stuff from the US vendors so you'll end up paying the FX, customs, shipping etc which is built into their prices. You really cannot avoid it.

I tried to avoid buying parts one at a time. If you do try to get them to mail by USPS so you avoid the fees....UPS is a killer on fees.

That said, I used dozens of sources but the vast majority of my parts were from Year One. I ordered them en-masse ( my order sheets were like 15 pages long......very big $$ orders). I only ordered when I had the 20% off discount code plus the discounts on orders over $1000. There were backorders so I had Year One hold my order until everything was in stock and they shipped everything out at once together. This avoids the screw in a 12" box phenomunum.....when you order en-masse they pack everything together which reduces wasted box sizes and dramatically cuts down shipping/customs costs vs. buying/shipping one part at a time. They only use UPS for that but I had them ship to my office to avoid the UPS fee for residential delivery. I paid for the parts and the UPS fees with a Canadian Tire MasterCard which I earn loyalty points for....earned tons of CT money which I then used at CT for other parts....example I got a complete set of Radial T/As from them for free on points....plus alot of other stuff. You gotta play every angle!!

Plus I visited a few Chrysler dealerships parts departments under the premise of "seeing what they had for classic Mopars" (I already knew what they had available)....doing so they naturally ask what kind of car I had....I found a parts guy that was a fan of classic Mopars who thought me restoring a Charger was very cool....he then gave me 15-20% discounts on all the Mopar Performance stuff I bought. The parts guys have discretion/wiggle room on pricing....if they like you they go out of their way to hook you up with good deals.

Just tips from my experiences. Unless you plan to smuggle stuff across the border (don't do it!!) you have to deal with the fact that the bulk of what you may need comes from the US. It'll never be cheap (this hobby is not cheap) but if you are smart about it you can reduce your overall costs.

Good plan Don, I also have a guy at the Dealership that is a Mopar fan and gives a good discount. I never thought about the Canadian tire credit card, but its a good idea.  :2thumbs:

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Back N Black

69white hat

Cold lake Alberta. Bought My 69 last spring.

Chargerguy74

Hello. I'm in Alberta. I thinned my Charger herd from 15 to 9 recently.  My favorites would be my Rallye cars, 72 400HP 4 speed, 73 440 Rallye Press Preview car, 74 400HP 4 speed, and down to 2 360HP 4 speeds.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

RoscoePColtrain

Damn, don't know how I missed this post.  I'm in Mississauga and have a 70 Satellite and just got a 68 Charger recently.
I've been to the Milton Car Cruises and the Mississauga Classic Car cruises(401 & Argentia).

S.

Dino

Not Canadian but damn close to the border.  I need to get you guys over to Detroit so we can run around a bit, less cops here to catch us.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dodge Don

Quote from: RoscoePColtrain on February 20, 2014, 12:26:01 PM
Damn, don't know how I missed this post.  I'm in Mississauga and have a 70 Satellite and just got a 68 Charger recently.
I've been to the Milton Car Cruises and the Mississauga Classic Car cruises(401 & Argentia).

S.

You should check out the Oakville cruise nights....every Tuesday starting May 20th.

Magnumcharger

S.

You must live somewhere handy to Alan Gallant?

Dodge Don

Quote from: Magnumcharger on February 20, 2014, 02:46:18 PM

S.

You must live somewhere handy to Alan Gallant?

Alan lives about 30 minutes north of us.

RoscoePColtrain

Quote from: Dodge Don on February 20, 2014, 12:59:12 PM

S.

You should check out the Oakville cruise nights....every Tuesday starting May 20th.

Dodge Don, I try to get out to as many cruises as possible, weather permitting. 
I'm planning on checking out more of the cruise nights listed on (http://www.oxfordautosales.com/cruise/).

Magnumcharger, I'm in Streetsville, but just moved to the area recently.  I've only met Blaine Shaw at MCC, hope to meet more good folks this spring/summer!

Dodge Don

Well you certainly wont have far to drive to the Spring Fling show

RIDELIKEHELL

I'm in the deep South..near Forest Ontario near lake Huron....I missed this thread  :lol:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

70 sublime

Port Hope Ontario about an hour east of Toronto (on a good 401 traffic day)

David
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

RoscoePColtrain

I'll definitely make Spring Fling.

There's another one coming up on Sunday July 6th 2014 at Mississauga Celebration Square (across the street from Square One).

http://www.mississauga.com/whatson-story/4340370-classic-car-show-coming-to-celebration-square-this-summer/

71green go

Steve.....Waterloo, Ontario  :2thumbs: 71 Charger R/T

Magnumcharger

Quote from: 71green go on February 21, 2014, 07:51:35 PM
Steve.....Waterloo, Ontario  :2thumbs: 71 Charger R/T

Wow! That '71 is really nice!!!!

Since starting this thread six years ago, my poor old Charger hasn't come very far!

Drache

They keep trying to get rid of me but I'm still Canadian :D

Own a '67 Dart GT.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Dodge Don

Quote from: RoscoePColtrain on February 21, 2014, 02:53:52 PM

There's another one coming up on Sunday July 6th 2014 at Mississauga Celebration Square (across the street from Square One).

http://www.mississauga.com/whatson-story/4340370-classic-car-show-coming-to-celebration-square-this-summer/

News to me...good tip. I'll have to attend that one  :2thumbs:

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: Dodge Don on February 22, 2014, 08:08:28 PM
Quote from: RoscoePColtrain on February 21, 2014, 02:53:52 PM

News to me...good tip. I'll have to attend that one  :2thumbs:

missed you don at this one  . 

Dodge Don

I was planning on going but too much going on around home so I settled for an hour drive on Saturday.

There will be an all makes car show Saturday Evening July 26th in Oakville. Dorval & QEW at Boston Pizza. Ford Canada is holding a 2 day car show for 50th Anniversary for Mustang that weekend in Oakville so there will be a crap load of Stangs there.....looking for some Mopar wingmen to join me at this evening show.

68 CHARGER R/T

Canadian1968

Adam , from London Ontario 68 charger R/T

I am about an hour from port Huron , so I use SCC parcel pickup in Michigan for parts. A lot of companies offer free shipping with in the US. I drive over pick it up and drive back. Declare if they choose to all they make me do is pay tax ( 13%) usually on the US amount to.  Sometimes they just let me threw ... After they ask me a bunch questions about the car ! Lol

It's free to join SCC pickup , $5 per package kept for 30 days . Pretty good deal.

Chryco Psycho

I don't really belong here anymore  , born Canadian & spent most of my life there , finally found an exit & got out , I won't be back anytime , but it still says Canadian on my passport for now !
2 Chargers still , 71 fully restored 440 4 spd  & an unrestored 71 440 4 spd track pack ! Computer crashed so no pix of either & too far to travel to get new pix .
So far I have enjoyed 40 months of continuous summer which is more than the last 40 years in Canada  :icon_smile_cool: