News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know of a 69 C500 4-speed for sale?

Started by RAC95054, January 29, 2008, 04:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAC95054

Hi.  I know this isn't a "topic", and I did post the question in the Classifiends already, but I figured who would know better where to find a 69 C500 than the Aero guys.   ;)  I am also a member on moparts.com (70B7GTX) and searched there, but this site seemed more focused.

Anyhow,  I've been looking to get a '69 Charger 500 4-speed for a while now, and it seems they aren't coming up very often.  I almost had a deal on one last year but it fell through (I'm sure that owner is on this forum somewhere).  Anyhow, my main requirements are that it be an original 4-speed car, in at least driveable condition, but one that is complete or nearly so would be better.  A 440 would be a better candidate than a Hemi (only because it would be cheaper and I'm a man of limited means).   I'll gladly pay a finders fee if anyone can lead me to a car that I end up purchasing.  The more original the car, the better, and the more paperwork it has the better.

Thanks!
-Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

69_500

I am not sure if Ed is still thinking of selling his HEMI 4 speed C 500 or not. I know that he had made mention of it at one time on this board. Other than that I can't think of any 4 speed 500's that are up for sale at the current time. another gentleman had thought about selling his 4 speed 500, but I think that he has since changed his mind.

RAC95054

Thanks for the post.  Hopefully one will turn up eventually... one I can keep a long time and eventually get my son hooked on Mopars and pass it on to him.  :yesnod:

69_500

Well if you have a wing car to trade then Troy would gladly part with his 4 speed Charger 500. HEMICharger68 that is.

RAC95054

Quote from: 69_500 on January 29, 2008, 04:50:10 PM
Well if you have a wing car to trade then Troy would gladly part with his 4 speed Charger 500. HEMICharger68 that is.

Yes, Troy's car is the deal that fell through for me.  He was trying to work with another guy for the Daytona as part of a 3-way deal, but it seems those two couldn't come to terms, and I ended up being the odd man out.   :'(   I guess it's a question of how bad does he want one.  I know he isn't into the C500 and 68 Hemi car for very much, so most of what he'd get for selling them would be a nice profit, and I'm sure would be enough to get him a Daytona.  There is a guy in my area with a mostly original red/black Daytona,  and he isn't asking a lot of money for it (relatively speaking).  I believe I even mentioned this to Troy before. 

69_500

Well to be honest with you, I'd part with my 500 in a heartbeat for a Daytona as well. But then again my car isn't a 4 speed, its an AT car.

RAC95054

Quote from: 69_500 on January 29, 2008, 05:00:00 PM
Well to be honest with you, I'd part with my 500 in a heartbeat for a Daytona as well. But then again my car isn't a 4 speed, its an AT car.

Maybe I should buy the Daytona, then work on doing a trade.  :cheers:  But my garage is too small to keep it in there in the time being!  Unless I take off the nose cone.  :o

moparstuart

Quote from: RAC95054 on January 29, 2008, 05:04:27 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on January 29, 2008, 05:00:00 PM

Maybe I should buy the Daytona, then work on doing a trade.  :cheers:  But my garage is too small to keep it in there in the time being!  Unless I take off the nose cone.  :o
or tell me where it is so i can buy it !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Hey don't go cutting in line.  :RantExplode:

Ah who am I kidding, I can't afford a Daytona right now anyways. But boy oh boy, do I ever want one.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 29, 2008, 05:17:26 PM
Hey don't go cutting in line.  :RantExplode:

Ah who am I kidding, I can't afford a Daytona right now anyways. But boy oh boy, do I ever want one.
we would have to pool our money I'm sure anyway LOL

RAC95054

Quote from: moparstuart on January 29, 2008, 05:10:53 PM
or tell me where it is so i can buy it !

I'll check to make sure the guy still has it, and what he's looking to get for it now.  It's a 440 auto, red/black, one dealer repaint (after the nose cone got crunched in 1970), and dealer-installed A/C added.  Really low milage too, I believe.

69_500

Hey how about me, you and Troy go in 1/3rds on a Daytona. Troy can keep the car from November thru February. I'll hang on to it from March thru June, and then you can keep it from July thru October.

RAC95054

;D  Good idea!  Who has the trailer to shuttle it around?  Then Troy can buy me out later with his C500.

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 29, 2008, 05:27:59 PM
Hey how about me, you and Troy go in 1/3rds on a Daytona. Troy can keep the car from November thru February. I'll hang on to it from March thru June, and then you can keep it from July thru October.
i'm in for that

moparstuart

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Quote from: Magnumcharger on January 29, 2008, 07:17:38 PM
Here's a red Daytona for sale...
http://www.cuda1.com/69_daytona.htm

That thing's been on there for awhile.. I emailed him but had no reply.... I would gladly trade my C500 and Hemi '68 for a Daytona and some cash. The problem with selling one out right before you have something lined up in concrete is if "something" happens, I've lost two great cars............. Right now, there's another deal in the workings, but I have to sell the '68 Hemi first...  I would love for me to get a Daytona and then find a good home for Dana. Now matter how much I'm into them, profit margin still has to be a Daytona...

Soo, I could be the fair weather owner of a Daytona with ya Danny?   :icon_smile_big:

Good luck on the search Russ; been there, done that.. So I know EXACTLY what you're going through.........

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Hey Troy, if you finally end up with a Daytona, and don't want Dana anymore let me know. Everyone knows I wanted a Daytona instead of a 500, and everyone knows I'd much rather have a 4 speed car than the AT I have.

RAC95054

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 30, 2008, 03:46:16 PM

I would gladly trade my C500 and Hemi '68 for a Daytona and some cash. The problem with selling one out right before you have something lined up in concrete is if "something" happens, I've lost two great cars............. Right now, there's another deal in the workings, but I have to sell the '68 Hemi first...  I would love for me to get a Daytona and then find a good home for Dana. Now matter how much I'm into them, profit margin still has to be a Daytona...

Soo, I could be the fair weather owner of a Daytona with ya Danny?   :icon_smile_big:

Good luck on the search Russ; been there, done that.. So I know EXACTLY what you're going through.........

I've been trying to figure out a good way to go about making a deal happen, but it seems at least 4 interested parties need to get involved.  1) Someone that wants to sell a Daytona  2) Someone that wants to buy a '68 Hemi Charger 3)Someone who wants to buy the Daytona 4) Someone who wants to buy a 69 C500.

Well, I know of #1 (the guy local to me), #3 (that's you, Troy) and #4 (that would be me).  So if you had a buyer for the Hemi, Troy, then we could start talking some numbers.  Then I could buy the Daytona, you'd sell me the C500 and someone else would get the Hemi Charger, and I'd get some extra cash from that.  So if you really want a Daytona, and can line up a buyer for your Hemi, then let's see what we can work out from there.  We can take this discussion offline at that point (do you still have my email address?).

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: RAC95054 on January 30, 2008, 06:33:34 PM

I've been trying to figure out a good way to go about making a deal happen, but it seems at least 4 interested parties need to get involved.  1) Someone that wants to sell a Daytona  2) Someone that wants to buy a '68 Hemi Charger 3)Someone who wants to buy the Daytona 4) Someone who wants to buy a 69 C500.

Well, I know of #1 (the guy local to me), #3 (that's you, Troy) and #4 (that would be me).  So if you had a buyer for the Hemi, Troy, then we could start talking some numbers.  Then I could buy the Daytona, you'd sell me the C500 and someone else would get the Hemi Charger, and I'd get some extra cash from that.  So if you really want a Daytona, and can line up a buyer for your Hemi, then let's see what we can work out from there.  We can take this discussion offline at that point (do you still have my email address?).

Wow... almost need a flow chart for that deal!  I have found it almost impossible to work out trade deals on these $100K Mopars... it was a lot easier when they were $5K.  At one time I even considered trying to find a 3 project car for a turn-key Daytona trade, but finally a few months ago I opened my present money pit on my C500.  Even with people with the best intentions, a 3-way or 4-way deal would would be almost impossible to work out... there are always friends telling the potential traders that they are getting a bad deal...  :Twocents:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

RAC95054

Yes, it's far more complicated than it should be.  I just want a C500 4-speed.  Little did I know it was giong to be such a tall order to fill.  :shruggy:

RAC95054

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on January 30, 2008, 07:05:33 PM

Wow... almost need a flow chart for that deal!  I have found it almost impossible to work out trade deals on these $100K Mopars... it was a lot easier when they were $5K.  At one time I even considered trying to find a 3 project car for a turn-key Daytona trade, but finally a few months ago I opened my present money pit on my C500.  Even with people with the best intentions, a 3-way or 4-way deal would would be almost impossible to work out... there are always friends telling the potential traders that they are getting a bad deal...  :Twocents:

Allen

I just noticed the long thread of the resto on your C500, Allen.  That car will be beautiful (and one of the perfect combos in my book) when finished.  :drool5:  Wanna sell it to me when it's done?  I'd absolutely love it!!  Plus, you have too many other cars to deal with.  Right?  ;D

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: RAC95054 on January 30, 2008, 07:10:08 PM
Yes, it's far more complicated than it should be.  I just want a C500 4-speed.  Little did I know it was giong to be such a tall order to fill.  :shruggy:

Depending on who you ask there were only 26-75 or so factory 4 Speed C500s...  but it might turn out like the 1970 Six Pack Charger where the early estimates on production numbers were waaaay off.  Still, it seems that there were a lot more automatic C500s built!

Good Luck on your quest!

Allen

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: RAC95054 on January 30, 2008, 07:24:53 PM

I just noticed the long thread of the resto on your C500, Allen.  That car will be beautiful (and one of the perfect combos in my book) when finished.  :drool5:  Wanna sell it to me when it's done?  I'd absolutely love it!!  Plus, you have too many other cars to deal with.  Right?  ;D

Thanks, I will be sooooooo glad when its done!  I think it will be a looker when done, but I am gonna drive it!  I have been surprised by the number of folks that want to buy the old gal, C500s used to not get that much respect (except the Hemi powered ones).

I going to keep it after its done, local guys are tired of seeing my `Cuda at shows/cruises!  And yes, I have too many cars to deal with... without a doubt!  I am planning to sell some in the near future, starting with the 1973 Charger SE 440 car & later some E-Bodies...

Allen