News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know of a 69 C500 4-speed for sale?

Started by RAC95054, January 29, 2008, 04:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on January 30, 2008, 07:05:33 PM
Quote from: RAC95054 on January 30, 2008, 06:33:34 PM

I've been trying to figure out a good way to go about making a deal happen, but it seems at least 4 interested parties need to get involved.  1) Someone that wants to sell a Daytona  2) Someone that wants to buy a '68 Hemi Charger 3)Someone who wants to buy the Daytona 4) Someone who wants to buy a 69 C500.

Well, I know of #1 (the guy local to me), #3 (that's you, Troy) and #4 (that would be me).  So if you had a buyer for the Hemi, Troy, then we could start talking some numbers.  Then I could buy the Daytona, you'd sell me the C500 and someone else would get the Hemi Charger, and I'd get some extra cash from that.  So if you really want a Daytona, and can line up a buyer for your Hemi, then let's see what we can work out from there.  We can take this discussion offline at that point (do you still have my email address?).

Wow... almost need a flow chart for that deal! 

Allen

Ain't that no lie.................  That last deal I had a while back ago, included a '68 Hemi Superbee, the yellow one out of California... But, that was the tooth in the gears that broke down and caused the deal to fall...............  Regarding my current situation, all this revolves around the '68 and what I can get from it after I get her back from the paint shop... The current "situation" is a strong one, but as one would expect, the C500 and the '68 would have to go bye-bye... I'm hoping for some extra cash left over to get another Mopar, obviously one of less rarity than what I currently have... Then I could also start working on my '70 v-code...........

Russ, if the current thing doesn't pan out, then we can still communicate... Talk is free.....  My email is in my profile I believe.. I don't believe I have yours.. I remember some correspondence was happening when I was in Iraq and prior to that..

Allen, I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to best intentions and friends always giving you their two cents.. I had that when I traded my first running/driving '70 v-code Charger R/T for my current '68 project.. People thought I was nuts........  But, alas, I'll soon have a freshly painted '68 Hemi Charger R/T and another '70 v-code Charger R/T just like my old one............ I believe you remember that car.. There are very few people that remember that car other than the magazine spread since a private collector bought it from Tom and it's disappeared off the radar.........

T

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 30, 2008, 05:05:54 PM
Hey Troy, if you finally end up with a Daytona, and don't want Dana anymore let me know. Everyone knows I wanted a Daytona instead of a 500, and everyone knows I'd much rather have a 4 speed car than the AT I have.

Danny,,, unfortunately, if I do get a Daytona, it'll be at   Dana's expense...................  Unless I win the lotto........    :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

PocketThunder

Russ, how about finding an automatic C500 and doing a 4-speed conversion?  Or 5-speed conversion? 

I have the numbers matching auto for my car and i could care less if it goes back in.  I want to bang thru the gears baby!!!   :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 31, 2008, 09:03:32 AM
Russ, how about finding an automatic C500 and doing a 4-speed conversion?  Or 5-speed conversion? 

I have the numbers matching auto for my car and i could care less if it goes back in.  I want to bang thru the gears baby!!!   :drive:

Kinda of what I'm doing on the v-code.......   :icon_smile_big:
Troy

RAC95054

I've thought about that, too, and I even have an extra 18-spline tranny right now, but I'm partial to the originality factor.  If worse comes to worse, I can go that route later (I hope). 

Troy, I believe you can get my email from my profile too, but it's rac95054@hotmail.com, so you don't have to dig it out.  I wasn't sure in your last post if you meant you have someone interested in your Hemi or not.  Is that the case?
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

69_500

All I know is that I spent a good many years looking for any Charger 500 or project Daytona that I could afford. I wasn't picky with either, as long as I could afford it. Which is how I wound up with the 500 I have now, it was one I could afford.

RAC95054

I know what you are saying.  If I didn't have another car now (my '70 GTX), I'd probably be more loose on my requirements for the C500, but as it is, I'd like to hold off for a real 4-speed, at least for a while.  If nothing comes up in the next 3-6 months, I'll have to take it from there.  So please keep me in mind if you come across one!  :cheers:

69_500

No problem, but I gotta admit that if there is a 4 speed Charger 500 that comes up for sale and I can afford it, you'll have to wait in line. No offense made, but I want one too. Then again I want a lot of things, but can seldom afford any of them. So the line isn't very long, seems the line continues to pass me by.

Moparmatty

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 31, 2008, 09:08:23 AM

Kinda of what I'm doing on the v-code.......   :icon_smile_big:

And me with my'70 V Code Runner :icon_smile_big:

500"  Six-Pack, 5spd!
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

gtx6970

Quote from: RAC95054 on January 31, 2008, 08:34:15 PM
I know what you are saying.  If I didn't have another car now (my '70 GTX), I'd probably be more loose on my requirements for the C500, but as it is, I'd like to hold off for a real 4-speed, at least for a while.  If nothing comes up in the next 3-6 months, I'll have to take it from there.  So please keep me in mind if you come across one!  :cheers:

ck your pm

69_500

OOOOOOOO, I'll bet I know which one Bill is PM about. Be prepared to talk on the phone for a VERY long time.  :nana:

gtx6970

Quote from: 69_500 on February 03, 2008, 09:47:53 AM
OOOOOOOO, I'll bet I know which one Bill is PM about. Be prepared to talk on the phone for a VERY long time.  :nana:

Yep, the bronze one. Last time I talked to him he was thinking about offing the both of them. BUT you and I both know he can change his mind in a seconds.

Personally , I'd love to have the R6 red car myself

69_500

I've tried for many years to buy those car, as I'm sure you have too Bill. I tried for probably 8 years to buy his Daytona before he sold it.

Everytime I think I'm getting close, the door closes.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 03, 2008, 10:33:36 PM
I've tried for many years to buy those car, as I'm sure you have too Bill. I tried for probably 8 years to buy his Daytona before he sold it.

Me too, not those, but others........................   My nose is starting to get sore....................
Troy

BigBlockSam

QuoteEverytime I think I'm getting close, the door closes. 

that's how i feel about getting a real bird
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 04, 2008, 01:16:46 PM
QuoteEverytime I think I'm getting close, the door closes. 

that's how i feel about getting a real bird

I'll give you a real bird.....  :fu: :nutkick:                 :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 04, 2008, 12:05:48 PM

Me too, not those, but others........................   My nose is starting to get sore....................

Looks to be a bit browner than usual too :hah:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

Ah but then the question looms as to if the model on Ebay is a 4 speed car or not. It should be seeing as how it is a Grand national car, but you know how those model companies take liberties in doing things.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on February 04, 2008, 04:25:22 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 04, 2008, 12:05:48 PM

Looks to be a bit browner than usual too :hah:

Dave

You're definitely color blind......    :slap:
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: mtr on February 10, 2008, 02:54:26 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on January 29, 2008, 07:17:38 PM
Here's a red Daytona for sale...
http://www.cuda1.com/69_daytona.htm

how much for that one?

Not sure, but it's been on that website for years..........  Don't know what came of it... I've emailed recently with no reply........
Troy

als500

Hi there I'm new to the site, I have a charger 500 440/4 speed , 3 build sheet and all paperwork when it new. The charger was sold new at Stanley Dodge National City, California on March 21, 1969. The color is F8 dark green with white stripe green interior all matching numbers. I have the original California tag that was issue in 1969, which is a black plate along with the California registration. The car is in mint condition. Its a cool car..

RAC95054

Quote from: als500 on February 13, 2008, 10:51:19 PM
Hi there I'm new to the site, I have a charger 500 440/4 speed , 3 build sheet and all paperwork when it new. The charger was sold new at Stanley Dodge National City, California on March 21, 1969. The color is F8 dark green with white stripe green interior all matching numbers. I have the original California tag that was issue in 1969, which is a black plate along with the California registration. The car is in mint condition. Its a cool car..

Welcome!  Does you post here mean you want to sell it??   :drool5:  If so, I'm all ears!  I'm looking into a couple auto cars right now, but the 4-speed is what I'm really after.  Is the car still here on the West Coast?  -Russ