News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Magnets for clamps?

Started by 71butterbee, February 04, 2008, 03:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71butterbee

I was watching Myth Busters this weekend and they were using extreem magnets....which gave me an idea!

I was drilling holes for plug welds in my new floor panel and was thinking how can I clamp this down tight with out drilling and screwing it down to the frame and cross member. I really dont want the extra holes to fill and grind and if I drill screw holes I would have to grind from the botton to hide my work. The ones im drilling for plug wels will be completely hidden on the underside so from the bottom you will never know I replaced the floor. When I saw the strength of the magnet they were using I thought wow that could work like a clamp. Has anyone tried putting one of these super magnets on each side of the panel to clamp it down? I was thinking of buying a pair with a pull strength of 100lbs-150lbs and trying it. I found them online and there not too expensive and puting one on each side of the panel should apply enough force to keep the panels nice and tight I would think.