News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 hood mounted turn signals. What color is area around them?

Started by Telvis, July 26, 2005, 10:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Is the area around the hood mounted turn signals body color of is it painted black? Is it the same Organasol black as the rear til panel? Pictures would be helpful.

MoparYoungGun

On my Uncle's 68 the area is body color. Good luck Tim :cheers: !

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

DFS68_Charger

Year One, Paddock, etc.  sell decals to put in the indentations. My car had them befor it was painted. My turn signal lenses also had
black paint on them around the main part of the lense area. Not sure if the paint was factory or not.

DFS

MoparYoungGun

Well, I guess my Uncle's car isn't correct. Sorry about the false info Tim, my bad!

Telvis

I never thought about decals. I wonder if that's the way the factory did them? Seems to me that painting them would be better if the paint is the right gloss. Anyone know???

Drop Top

All the Chargers that I have seen over the years. Had the indentions black. The factory used decals (Even on black cars). The decals where a simi gloss black. The decals that Year 1 sells are correct. This is for 68 and 69. The houseing that the actual light goes into on the 70 Charger should be body color. This is the way I have done all my Charger restorations. Anyway. On the 68 and 69, paint the hood then put on the decal kit afterwords. It wont be wrong. On the 70 models the houseing should be body color.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Correct.....68-69 had decals for the hood depressions.

The real kicker is the fact that the lenses themselves for the turnsignals were painted black to match.     I have seen this on an onriginal unrestored 69 Hemi Charger.

See the below pics.

1. my car with the decals without the lenses painted black

2. another 69 with the lenses black

3. NOS set of lenses

I kinda like it with the lenses unpainted myself......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T