News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger 500 with 440 motor on AZ craigslist

Started by petercharger, February 09, 2008, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharger

Not mine..but is it worth 45k..no pictures.. www.craigslist.com   do to AZ :drool5:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

69_500

Do you have a link to it? other than just a link to craigslist.com IE the actual listing or what you used for a search in the arizona craigslist?

69_500

I did a search in all of the listings for all of the cities in Arizona, and saw nothing for a Charger 500 in any of them.

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69_500

For those that don't feel the need to do multiple searches on the multiple pages of craigslist for the state of Arizona

here is a link http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/568288461.html

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Magnumcharger

I emailed the owner and asked him to post pics on this thread.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Beep Beep Dave

Would be interesting to find out some of the finer details such as colour combo and type of transmission.
Who's gonna call???

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

RAC95054

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on February 12, 2008, 12:51:27 PM
Would be interesting to find out some of the finer details such as colour combo and type of transmission.
Who's gonna call???

Dave

I'm on it.  So far, all I got was it's dark green, and that the previous owner had it for a long time (that was all the wife knew).  I'll post more details later today or tomorrow.

-Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

69_500

I tried calling for a few days now, hopefully one of these nights I'll get through.

If its a dark green car and in AZ, I'm wondering if its the one that was up for sale a few years back that had the 440 call outs on the hood?  :scratchchin:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

runninhorn

RAC95054

I spoke with the guy last night, and here are the main points:

F8 Green w/ green interior and white stripe
Console auto
65k original miles, with only about 7k miles in the past 24 years (read as, it will need so mechanicals done to make it road worthy)
Original motor, but not sure about tranny (I forgot to ask if it was an 8-3/4 or Dana)
Was repainted 24 years ago, paint it a "5 foot paint job" as he said
Interior very nice, and all chrome very nice
Has some rust bubbles behind rear quarters, and an approx 4" hole in the drivers side floor pan, trunk was repaired, but he said it should probably be replaced.
Car was originally from Mass. area, then to NY, then to AZ for the past 26 years or so.

He will send me some pictures over the weekend, and then I will post those.  I'm still interested in the car (but wish it was a 4-speed), but is $45K in this market a fair price, knowing the above?  If the rust is more extensive than he thinks it is (and it probably is), it might be a little high IMO, being an auto green-on-green car.  Thoughts/Opinions?

PocketThunder

I will throw my  :Twocents:  in and say that $35~$45 would be a good price range.  My car is in way worse shape and not a desireable color either and i have it insured for $25 and i'm missing stuff.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 13, 2008, 05:31:02 PM
I will throw my  :Twocents:  in and say that $35~$45 would be a good price range.  My car is in way worse shape and not a desireable color either and i have it insured for $25 and i'm missing stuff.
i was thinking in this market  35k for a green automatic car with those issues ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Did you happen to get the VIN information to the car? If not I'm still trying to contact the seller and chit chat to him. Not personally interested in the car, as like a few others I'd prefer a 4 speed car, and not a big fan of F8 green with green interior. F8 green I like, but not a big fan of green guts.

RAC95054

Quote from: 69_500 on February 13, 2008, 05:54:14 PM
Did you happen to get the VIN information to the car? If not I'm still trying to contact the seller and chit chat to him. Not personally interested in the car, as like a few others I'd prefer a 4 speed car, and not a big fan of F8 green with green interior. F8 green I like, but not a big fan of green guts.

Sorry, I didn't get the VIN from him.  I can ask him once I get pictures.  Thanks for the other comments, too, guys.  Yes, I was thinking $35K or maybe $40K, if it's actually in better cosmetic and mechanical shape than he made it sound (but I'm guessing not).

learical1

If someone is really interested in buying it, I can probably look at it for you.  It's only about 30-40 miles away.
Bruce

runninhorn

Quote from: learical1 on February 13, 2008, 06:49:08 PM
If someone is really interested in buying it, I can probably look at it for you.  It's only about 30-40 miles away.

I am, and will pay you for the trip.

nascarxx29

L9B232008 Green on Green Automatic Phoenix AZ  listed July 79.Maybe Learical 1 will chime in that car is in his area.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

RAC95054

Quote from: learical1 on February 13, 2008, 06:49:08 PM

I'd be glad to cover your mileage cost, too (or split it with anyone else), as I'm also interested still.

69_500

I'm thinking that 232008 was an F5 green car, and from what has been described the car in question is an F8 green.

69_500

Quote from: 69_500 on February 12, 2008, 04:57:54 PM
I tried calling for a few days now, hopefully one of these nights I'll get through.

If its a dark green car and in AZ, I'm wondering if its the one that was up for sale a few years back that had the 440 call outs on the hood?  :scratchchin:

I was wondering if it was the car with the 440 call outs on the hood, and as it turns out it IS. Spoke to the seller for about an hour and a half about the car tonight. Actually was on the phone with him when I was typing my last post in this thread. From what I remember about the car when I saw photo's of it, its a nice car. Nicer than the 500 that I have. Has a few bubbles in the lower quarters, which could be repaired easily. Small dent in the front fender that makes it tight up against the grille on the passenger side. Takes a lot to notice it, but its there (accroding to the seller not me). Can't see it in any photo's I've seen of the car.

I would say from what I've seen and heard about the car $45K is right in the ball park of the number it should be. If you ask me, it would be on the low side just a bit. Same car would have been comanding $57,500 last year easily.

runninhorn

when can he get us some pictures? Id like to fly out and see if it is legit.

RAC95054

Quote from: 69_500 on February 13, 2008, 09:43:01 PM

I was wondering if it was the car with the 440 call outs on the hood, and as it turns out it IS. Spoke to the seller for about an hour and a half about the car tonight. Actually was on the phone with him when I was typing my last post in this thread. From what I remember about the car when I saw photo's of it, its a nice car. Nicer than the 500 that I have. Has a few bubbles in the lower quarters, which could be repaired easily. Small dent in the front fender that makes it tight up against the grille on the passenger side. Takes a lot to notice it, but its there (accroding to the seller not me). Can't see it in any photo's I've seen of the car.

I would say from what I've seen and heard about the car $45K is right in the ball park of the number it should be. If you ask me, it would be on the low side just a bit. Same car would have been comanding $57,500 last year easily.

Thanks for the info.  Good to know someone has some more firsthand info on it.  Well, if the $45K is fair, then it sounds like I need to decide soon, since it seems runninhorn might want it, too.  Even though green-on-green isn't my ideal choice, the price it right if it's as decent as it sounds.