News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger 500 with 440 motor on AZ craigslist

Started by petercharger, February 09, 2008, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

As you can see, I've carved out the unpleasantries from this thread. 

I'll unlock it, but if things spiral downward again, the lock will return...

runninhorn

Quote from: moparchris on March 06, 2008, 12:11:42 PM
I really didn't want to see this happen because I didn't want to be dragged into this deal, but the owner wasn't being rude or demanding other than expecting someone who is buying a car to have the money.  Gee, what a shocker that is.  Does that sum it up for you?  My brother and I have been involved in with these cars for almost 30 years and many people in the Phoenix area know us and neither one of us have ever treated anyone rudely in a business deal.  And I'll be damned if this guy is going to tarnish what we have done over these years.  If you are going to smear my brother you are smearing me also.  Maybe I'm a little over protective but that's the way it goes.

If you would like, I will post the EMAIL he emailed me--if you want me to, I will to prove my side of the story.

The70RT

Quote from: runninhorn on March 07, 2008, 10:14:47 AM
Quote from: moparchris on March 06, 2008, 12:11:42 PM
I really didn't want to see this happen because I didn't want to be dragged into this deal, but the owner wasn't being rude or demanding other than expecting someone who is buying a car to have the money.  Gee, what a shocker that is.  Does that sum it up for you?  My brother and I have been involved in with these cars for almost 30 years and many people in the Phoenix area know us and neither one of us have ever treated anyone rudely in a business deal.  And I'll be damned if this guy is going to tarnish what we have done over these years.  If you are going to smear my brother you are smearing me also.  Maybe I'm a little over protective but that's the way it goes.

If you would like, I will post the EMAIL he emailed me--if you want me to, I will to prove my side of the story.

Go for it. It seems they really had it in for you on the rustang site. At least you will have your proof here, not that anyone is is saying your credibility is on the line like over there.  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on March 07, 2008, 10:07:11 AM
As you can see, I've carved out the unpleasantries from this thread. 

I'll unlock it, but if things spiral downward again, the lock will return...

You threw me for a loop there Gene..  i was reading along and clicked on page 8 and it was gone... :o   :lol:

EDIT: delete.. PT
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

Honestly, I do not think correspondence betwen the buyer and seller belongs out on the open forum (PM's?  That's your decision, but it serves no purpose at this point).

The only thing that can come from further posts along that line is more  :poke: :boxing_smiley: :2guns: :argue: :horse:

and finally

:dancinglock:

Did I make a mistake by unlocking this thread?  Please don't prove me wrong...

P.S.  Sorry to pull the rug out from under ya like that Paul! :P

PocketThunder

10-4  :2thumbs:

So, RAC95054, are you going to pursue this car and swap in a 5-speed like all the other cool :coolgleamA: C500 owners are doing?  :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 07, 2008, 10:35:46 AM

So, RAC95054, are you going to pursue this car and swap in a 5-speed like all the other cool :coolgleamA: C500 owners are doing?  :scratchchin:
dont do that to that nice original car !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on March 07, 2008, 10:45:30 AM

C'mon Stu, its reversable!   :drive:

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 07, 2008, 10:51:38 AM

C'mon Stu, its reversable!   :drive:
everythings reversable  but if it has a nice virgin no rust floor   just stop  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :slap:

BigBlockSam

Quotedont do that to that nice original car ! 

that car beat the odds , by making this long without someone messing with it . don't you be the one to . mess it up. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Might know someone else who would be interested in making a play on that car. And this person I can assure wouldn't put in a 5 speed. Probably wouldn't change a single thing on the car, other than taking it back to original.

Man I go to bed one night, and then get on here during lunch the next day and find out the thread has not only had post, but they have been since deleted, and locked, then opened again. I miss too much when I'm at work.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2008, 11:25:18 AM
Might know someone else who would be interested in making a play on that car. And this person I can assure wouldn't put in a 5 speed. Probably wouldn't change a single thing on the car, other than taking it back to original.

Man I go to bed one night, and then get on here during lunch the next day and find out the thread has not only had post, but they have been since deleted, and locked, then opened again. I miss too much when I'm at work.
your better off with out the drama !

69_500

Ah a little drama never hurt anyone. Its when its gets really juicy thats when it gets to be a problem.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2008, 11:42:44 AM
Ah a little drama never hurt anyone. Its when its gets really juicy thats when it gets to be a problem.

So when are you putting a 5-speed in your C500?

69_500

When am I putting a 5 speed in my 500? UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

NEVER.

The70RT

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2008, 11:25:18 AM

You didn't miss much except the fox guy got told what he deserved :D

RAC95054

The thought has crossed my mind, but I'm stil waiting for Troy to hand me the keys to Dana.  :icon_smile_big:  Actually, if the one in question here were at least a color combo I really, really liked, I'd seriously consider it.  Then again, for this money, it is still a good deal in my book.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

RAC95054

Quote from: RAC95054 on March 07, 2008, 02:46:30 PM

The thought has crossed my mind, but I'm still waiting for Troy to hand me the keys to Dana.  :icon_smile_big:  Actually, if the one in question here were at least a color combo I really, really liked, I'd seriously consider it.  Then again, for this money, it is still a good deal in my book.

And if I did convert it (which would be pretty unlikely since I prefer originality) it, it would be to a true Mopar 18-spline 4-speed (since I have an extra sitting in my garage now).
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 06, 2008, 08:42:01 PM
Quote from: Fox466 on March 06, 2008, 03:02:20 PM
Hi guys. Just wanted to take a second to give you a tiny bit more info to be used while you form your own opinions on this matter...

Crikies!  You guys are rough over there!
:iagree:

Bummer though, I wanted to see pics of the wife. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Fox466

Lol! Someone did a bit of reading over there...

Guys, I posted "Fords rule" as a joke, nothing more. If you took it as anything more you read far too deeply into it. I didn't come on your board to start trouble, and still am not here to do so. I was just trying to give you a heads up. I've exchanged PMs with one of your main mods and he's cool with it, understood the joke for what it was, and said welcome to the board. The only other "Telling me what I deserved" was by an e warrior that is evidently well known as an instigator around here, so take that for what it is.

Guess I'll go climb back into my Cummins now...  :icon_smile_wink:

Fox466

The70RT

Oh really so we have an instigater on here now? And your not? Especially when you called us all Dodge bitches and then flipped us the bird last night. I think this does need locked since Runninhorn was pretty much told it was best to hush on what the seller told him. So I guess we will really never know especially when those two are actually THE ONLY ONES that really know that.... untill then it is hear say. I don't know either party personally. Unfortunatly I did see all what was said last night  :rotz:

hemigeno

The70RT,

While it's true Fox466 "started" it, the real problem began when some folks objected to an initial statement intended as a joke.  That is one of the big problems with the internet - the tone of each remark is rarely conveyed exactly as the writer intends it to be received.  When people fly off the deep end and react without at least a pretty clear understanding of what is being said, in what tone and by whom, problems often result.  That was the case last night.

If dads_69 and others knew Fox466 well enough to understand the comment he made was in jest, it would not have been as big a deal.  While I do not know the man, I had a pretty good idea he was joking so the remark didn't bother me at all.  Trash talking (by either side) on the internet is worthless.  If it were me, I wouldn't have tried to stir the pot by posting a polarizing remark like that as a complete unknown/newbie.  It obviously gave more than one person the complete wrong idea about him.  More than likely, Fox466 wouldn't handle the situation the same way if presented the opportunity for a Mulligan - and I think that would include responding in-kind to the physical threats made by Mark. 

Let's give Fox466 the benefit of the doubt and try to act civil, shall we?   :grouphug:

[brings a tear to your eye, duddnit?]

The70RT

hemigeno