News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger 500 with 440 motor on AZ craigslist

Started by petercharger, February 09, 2008, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrow

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 07, 2008, 11:14:20 AM
Quote  dont do that to that nice original car ! 

that car beat the odds , by making this long without someone messing with it . don't you be the one to . mess it up. Rene

:cheers:

BB1

Delete my profile

69bronzeT5

Quote from: dads_69 on March 07, 2008, 09:49:25 PM
all I have to say now unfortunately is I'm through w/this web site. Go to hell.

Mark

:'(
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

BigBlockSam

Quoteall I have to say now unfortunately is I'm through w/this web site. Go to hell.Mark

don't do it Bro. you have some friends here.  :rotz:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Steve P.

Come on Mark. Plenty of us get pissed when others talk smack about us.  All in all I think it is that time of year again when people are getting a major case of CABIN FEVER.   Don't let this get to you. I was one that took his comment in a harsh way also.

It's time for a beer and a good night on the computer with your family..   Umm, I mean us...   :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Moparheaven

WOW..... :icon_smile_blackeye: This got me in the mood for UFC Full Contact.  :popcrn:  I'll be right back.........................................Ok, I'm back. :icon_smile_big: Oh, I went to HELL :flame: It sucks there, I saw a guy driving a Demon. That was as good as it gets. I choose Heven :angel: I think someone has been driving a Chevy and got that "Great GM feeling".  Friends don't let friends drive Brand X. Anyone that says Fords Rule has to be joking, cause.....well..... it's a Ford.... What Muscle car did they make? It must have been the Maverick. I just want to get along...........No I really want to see the two of these guys go toe to toe :angel: Just Kiddin :icon_smile_big: Ok I'm going to go drive my EDSEL and......... See he had to be Joking.....Fords SUCK....

I like Coffee.......
Z

Steve P.

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   Mopars At The Strip is coming up soon...  How many of you guys will be there?? I am heading out there on the 18th... 

PS.    I like BEER..........     :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

Moparheaven

I was just trying to lighten the mood.  I really apprciate someone that can tell it like it is. That is really rare these days.  Mark, I don't know you but I already like you. You got your "Man Card" in my opinion, don't let someone get to you like that... If he likes Fords you should feel sorry for him.  :icon_smile_big:

Stay :2thumbs:

Us Mopar guys have to Stick together.  Not too close.

Z

The70RT

Come on Mark. I don't have my fire suit yet.......... :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Nope not a chance of putting a 5 speed in my car. Maybe one of these days when I find a factory 4 speed car that is missing its origional engine, and tranny. Maybe then. But then again I highly doubt that too. :cheers:

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 69_500 on March 08, 2008, 09:02:52 AM
Nope not a chance of putting a 5 speed in my car. Maybe one of these days when I find a factory 4 speed car that is missing its origional engine, and tranny. Maybe then. But then again I highly doubt that too. :cheers:

I guess that I am one of the  :hah:"uncool" (non-5Speed) C500 owners too... would leave mine a 4 Speed even if I had not found the number's matching transmission.  If I were doing a clone, it might go the 5 Speed route...

UCXS :coolgleamA:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Moparheaven

What about the 4 speed from Passon that 4th gear is an overdrive. It Uses your case but just changes the gears.

Z

Ghoste

I don't own one but I have to chime in with my  :Twocents: and agree that if I had a clone I'd do a 5 speed but if I had a real anything I'd not very to far from stock.  Some cars are just for fun and some have earned the right to be treated as the significant works of art and automotive history that they are.

Charger_Fan

Man, this thread has been quite the...

Mark, you're wound a little too tight some days, 'ol buddy. ;) I missed the whole deleted debacle that night, but I got the jist of it. What Gene said is true, things get taken way out of context too often on internet forums...and combined the the 'keyboard commando' syndrome, things can go to hell rather quickly. It's happened to all of us at one time or another, so you're not alone.
Brush it off & live to gab another day. :cheers:

Quote from: Steve P. on March 07, 2008, 10:51:46 PM
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   Mopars At The Strip is coming up soon...  How many of you guys will be there??
ME! :wave:  This will be my first time, definitely looking forward to seeing all those BITCHIN' MOPARS!! :coolgleamA:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

See to me an ideal 500 to add to the garage would be a non numbers matching 4 speed car that is missing both the engine and tranny, oh and the fender tag too. I want one that there is no way to prove anything on the car other than the fact that its a 500. For that all I need is the VIN. Then on something like that I might think of going with an over drive unit, or a 5 speed, but not if it had any of the above items.
Oh who am I kidding, I'd take another 500 in any combination if I could afford one.

BigBlockSam

Quotehave earned the right to be treated as the significant works of art and automotive history that they are. 

:yesnod: ah-- yep
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

charger500az

For the west coast guys and especially Mopar Owners in Arizona, the Mopar 4th Annual Hemi Shootout Car show and Drag Races is on Saturday, March, 21st.  It seems to be alot earlier this year than usual but I'm going to be there for sure. Let's hear a role call of any people from here going as we get closer. It's only two weeks away. I was hoping to have my 500 done but it's going to be around another month or two. Oh well. There is always next year and there are so many car shows. This one is a a very good one however!

Moparheaven

Quote from: Steve P. on March 07, 2008, 10:51:46 PM
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   Mopars At The Strip is coming up soon...  How many of you guys will be there?? I am heading out there on the 18th... 

PS.    I like BEER..........     :cheers:

I will be heading out in two weeks, from today. Cruising down from Idaho, stopping in Salt Lake, Meeting up with the Mopower Cruise to VEGAS BABY. Thursday night piggin out on the Seafood Buffet with all the Mopar Nuts that did the Cruise (at the CANNERY). Hope to see some of you guys there. I will be the one going back for more Lobster.  :eek2:
I will smell like Lobster and Butter for the next couple of days for sure... :drool5:

I have been sleeping on the couch for the last week. My wife was tired of the Car talk in my sleep.....I said OH Baby Yah..... Nice wheels.....It was over for me..... Glad I got the nicer couch this winter.

See you guys there.

Z

Aero426

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on March 08, 2008, 10:28:07 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on March 08, 2008, 09:02:52 AM

I guess that I am one of the  :hah:"uncool" (non-5Speed) C500 owners too... would leave mine a 4 Speed even if I had not found the number's matching transmission.  If I were doing a clone, it might go the 5 Speed route...

UCXS :coolgleamA:

I would consider doing the Passon OD 4-speed in the Daytona.   It's  pretty buzzy with 3.54 rear gear and 14" tires.   I'd swap the gearset into the original case. 

Charger Aficionado

FUNNY thing about this car...  It was for sale a Feb '07 in Arizona on Craigslist for $18,000.  EXACT SAME CAR.  Owner said he had it forever, and it had the Call-Outs.  By the time I had called it had sold locally in Az. 

Prev owner was RIGHT IN SCOTTSDALE.  He said he had it listed in the paper the year before for only $15k and nobody purchased it!!!!!   What a trip. 

(Mention this to the guy selling now, and you MAY get a deal)? 

charger500az

One more day till the Mopar Hemi Show at Speed World. Is anyone out here in Arizona going besides me and my friend. I haven't seen any responses. This is a very good show. Please let me know on here or send me a private message if any of you guys are going so we can possibly hang out a while. For more info on the show you can go to the speedworld website or just go to this site and they have a flyer that can be printed out. Moparsunlimitedofaz.com      Hope to see a few guys out there on Saturday.  Mopars forever!

learical1

Can't make it, I have to work today (saturday) til 4, then its off to castles and coasters for a double birthday party (daughter turns 10 tomorrow, youngest son turns 12 on monday.)  take lots of pix and post 'em up!
Bruce