News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do I need to put a swaybar on my car?

Started by XXSpiralXX, July 26, 2005, 12:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXSpiralXX

I have a 72 charger with a 318. It had no swaybar originally. Now, I just put a pst frontend kit in it and I will soon put on new .96 torsion bars. I want to add the swaybar to get the full effect of the new stuff I installed. The guys at pst told me it was going to be a real bear of a job though. Anybody know how I can do it and what i'll need ?

BigBlackDodge

I imagine the toughest part will be adding the 'tabs' (where the end links connect too) to the lower control arms. They'll have to be welded in, and in the proper location. It can be done though...........

BBD

XXSpiralXX

Anybody have a link to some diagrams? Or would it be easier to get lower control arms from a car that already had a sway bar?

Chryco Psycho

I do not have a picture handy but someone will post one , , you could change the LCAs out but it is a fair amount of work , but if you are replcing the Tbars there is not that much more to do

Wakko

My car has a swaybar mounted to the LCAs but it's not mounted to the frame at all.  If someone can post pics of where it mounts (and how) I'd like to mount it properly and make it functional.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

blue69

You are better off with a aftermarket swaybarlike this one http://gallery.consumerreview.com/car/gallery/files/endlink2.asp. It will be thicker won't require changing the lower control arms.

XXSpiralXX

Addco swaybars huh?They any good? Is this a good mounting position ?  I know im asking some diumb questions here but Id want to know if anybody had hard times or problems with them mounted there.  Thanks man!   :icon_smile_big: