News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Michael Waltrip Racing on Wednesday announced that Robert "Bootie" Barker will be the crew chief of the No. 55 Toyota driven by Michael Waltrip for the 2009 Sprint Cup Series season. Bobby Kennedy, who has worked with Waltrip in multiple roles for more than a decade, is moving into a management position at MWR.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/10/01/mwaltrip.bbarker.crew.chief/index.html?eref=/rss/news/headlines/cup

Butttttttttttttttttttt, will he actually do batter :scratchchin:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

I doubt it. He needs to stick to being a commutator or imitator or whatever.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

Quote from: The70RT on October 01, 2008, 07:02:25 PM
I doubt it. He needs to stick to being a commutator or imitator or whatever.

:eek2: I can't stand his commentating. He makes my skin crawl
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

rumor has it rusty(whiner) wallace want to race for DEI  in like a mark martin older mentor roll ??????
  will he come out of retirement ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Never been a Rusty Wallace fan for just that reason, he is a whiner IMO
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

General_01

I read an article and Rusty said that he was not interested in coming back. Kenny seems to be the one who started the rumor. That may just be some smoke and mirror work until details are ironed out though. I think Rusty should jump in his own Nationwide car.David Stremme is going to drive for Penske next year, and the way Stevie tears up cars Rusty is going to need somebody in the other car that can win races and bring the car home in one peice.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

General_01

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:   

Tony Wins!! Finally got a win this year. Ended his 43 race winless streak. He was lucky he had Smith and Menard behind him instead of two guys who know what they were doing. He would have lost then.

I like Carl, but that was totally stupid hitting Biffle in the corner like that and taking him, Biffle, and Kenseth out as well as Jr. and other. He knew better than that. They had some fast cars and had a legitimate shot at winning. What was he thinking?

496 stroker
4-speed

NHCharger

The question is, Tony forced Smith below the yellow line, even the guys in the booth were arguing that and something about you can pass under the line on the last lap.
Second question. If that had been Junior passing Tony below the yellow line would Tony still had been awarded the win  :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

General_01

Smith went below on his own. He was already over it when he was on Tony's quarter. Tony just nudged him a little to be sure they saw it. I do agree, the politics of the sport play a big role in the calls they make in the booth. I actually said to myself after the race he was lucky it wasn't Gordon or Johnson making the pass, because then it would have been legal. :yesnod:

And they were arguing in the booth about the call, but Dale Jarret, a former driver, said it was not legal. He said it can't be illegal for187 laps and then legal on the last lap. This doesn't mean he is right. As stated above, rules are enforced or changed on the spot for political reasons in NASCAR. At least that is what I think.
496 stroker
4-speed

400/6/PAC

I never hered that You could pass below the yellow line on the last lap.
If that were true why didn't He get the win.
Tony did force Him down though.
All in alll it was a great race.

pettyfan43

Tony DID force him down, and I am a Stewart fan, but he did drive him down there, but at least they are consistent, the SAME situation happened there  a few years ago, I think the guy that won was Jr, I think, the guy he knocked down below the line then was Kenny Wallace. It happens.

To me in both cases the guy that got shoved below the line SHOULD have won, and Wallace was penalized, I'm waiting to see if Smith will be. Either way penalizing a guy that got knocked below the line, is BS. To me they are the ones that won the races. BUT that is just my opinion, I could be wrong and your mileage may vary.

General_01

He would have been down there regardless. If you watch the replay, Smith dove outside. Tony went to block. He came back down. Tony dove down and blocked. Smith went further down over the line with two left sides and up on Tony's quarter. Tony went down and knocked him down so all four tires were over the line. They dragged to the finish. He was already illegal when his two left sides were over the line. He kept going and advanced his position.

On Nascar Now they just said Smith was given an 18th place finish. They said if it happened in the middle of the race Smith would have been given a pass through penelty or sent to the end of the longest line on a restart. That is how why they gave him the last position on the lead lap for a finish. They also said the drivers are told it is illegal to pass below the line. Even on the last lap.
496 stroker
4-speed

The70RT

Smith should have held his line then there wouild have been a crash. It would have been Smiths fault anyway since he isn't popular.

Chargen69

if smith had held his cut down low line, stewart would have wrecked himself by coming back down on him trying to block, NASCAR would have said it was a racing incident and smith would have won and DEI would have loved it, and praised him for being strong enough to hold his position against the great giant of TONY STEWART....  but oh well, he's a rookie   :nana:

oh, dont get me wrong, tony winning isnt bad...  just his complaining about not winning for so long.

GeneralLeeTESH

Throw Toyota outta NASCAR !!!
The TESH

TruckDriver

PETE

General_01

That is pretty cool. :coolgleamA: Very appropriate to have have a Petty car be the first.
496 stroker
4-speed

400/6/PAC

That is cool.
Long time coming.
I love the old Belvedere's.

TruckDriver

Qualifying rained out again for the 3rd week :brickwall:

Whelp, this will give Johnson the championship again because he gets the points, and doesn't have to work to get to the front ::) :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I don't know or understand why the hell they can't just reschedule qualifying to tomarrow like practice, which they could take away one practice session, and make it just 1 lap of qualifying.
PETE

General_01

Well, Johnson is getting the easy up front starts, but it ain't over til it's over. One slip and Biffle will be right on him with Burton and Edwards not too far behind.
496 stroker
4-speed

400/6/PAC

I'd like to see Edwards or Burton win it.

The70RT

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on October 25, 2008, 10:56:56 AM
I'd like to Edwards or Burton win it.

Yeah buddy. I'm tired of the same guy winning all the time.

pettyfan43

I'd actually like to see Greg Biffle win the title, I like the guy and he can drive the STINK out of a racecar, Hey he won at michigan last year an actually backed the car into the wall doing the smoke show!!!!!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

After that Jeff Burton, Clint Bowyer or Edwards.

400/6/PAC

Good win by Carl, But JJ came on strong and probably clinched the championship.

The70RT

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on October 27, 2008, 07:52:48 PM
Good win by Carl, But JJ came on strong and probably clinched the championship.

Sounds like it unless he has some misfortune  :eyes: