News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

JB400

Here's a shocker...  Stewart Haas moves to Ford next year.

TruckDriver

Pretty soon, it is only going to be Ford's and Toyota's  :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 25, 2016, 10:33:39 AM
Pretty soon, it is only going to be Ford's and Toyota's  :rotz:

In the DAYTONA 500 there was 20 Chevy's, 11 Ford's and 9 Toyota's
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

Really? Mostly all they were talking about as the Toyota's & Ford's.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

41husk

3 of those Chevys were Stewart H :popcrn:aas cars
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

400/6/PAC

I never saw a fueling penalty before.

TruckDriver

Me either, and from the sound of it, it was just a new rule put inot place that morning or weekend D.W. was saying. BORING race though. I slept through almost all of it, and never missed anything.
PETE

JB400

Who got the fueling penalty?  I missed the last 50.

nvrbdn

kenseth. Gas man laid the track bar tool on the trunk while engaging the gas can. Then his crew chief didn't call him to do a pass through, so he got the black flag with the x which meant he wasn't getting counted for his lap. went 2 laps down and never came back. Was top 5 before that.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

400/6/PAC

Yeah
My Uncle calls it NAPCAR
That's when He does His best napping.  :smilielol:

TruckDriver

For the most part, that is true for me too.  :P :lol:
PETE

41husk

A win for Brad :cheers:  It would be much nicer if he was still in the Dodge :shruggy:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

TruckDriver

Much better then K.B. or Logano. Super boring though. I am not fond of the Vegas track, or Kansas, or Chicago. All those races are boring
PETE

472 R/T SE

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 04, 2016, 06:30:48 PM
Injured Tony Stewart to miss start of final NASCAR season

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/injured-tony-stewart-miss-start-final-nascar-season-185835673--nascar.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Tony Stewart will miss the start of his final NASCAR season after fracturing his back in an accident on an all-terrain vehicle, Stewart-Haas Racing said Thursday.   
The three-time NASCAR champion sustained a ''burst fracture of the L1 vertebra'' when he crashed on an ATV Sunday and he had surgery Wednesday, the team said. A timetable for Stewart's return has not been determined, but SHR said he is expected to make a full recovery and race this year.

I had an identical injury also riding an ATV except a piece of the vertebra shaped as an arrowhead compressed my spinal colum0n 88%.

I too was riding on sand dunes, Oregon coast.  Winchester Bay, supposedly the steepest sand dunes in North America.

As I reread his injury it dawned on me that my injury was called the same identical terminology wise. Now I wonder how he crashed?

TruckDriver

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 08, 2016, 06:12:51 PM
Now I wonder how he crashed?

Well, he does own the #10 car. Danica is rubbing off on his abilities, nuff said  :lol:

I'm sorry, I had to throw that in. I know it's not a funny thing to happen.
PETE

JB400

Note on Johnson's dashboard tomorrow:  Make sure steering wheel is secure. :lol:

nvrbdn

I wish they would limit the amount of races a full time cup driver can go down and beat up on the kids in xfinity. I am getting real tired of seeing Kyle down there. I would rather they didn't allow them to drive down there at all.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cdr

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 12, 2016, 08:18:33 PM
I wish they would limit the amount of races a full time cup driver can go down and beat up on the kids in xfinity. I am getting real tired of seeing Kyle down there. I would rather they didn't allow them to drive down there at all.

not that I watch nascar anymore, but ------   :iagree:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

TruckDriver

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 12, 2016, 08:18:33 PM

Basically what I said on a MRN post on FaceBook. Cup drivers have always raced in lesser series, but usually not full time. I would be okay if they said the cup drivers can run in the lesser series, but no more then half of the races every season. I'm tied of seeing Kyle win every race every week too. Although, I did sleep through most of the race anyway, lol.
PETE

400/6/PAC

I thought the rookies Ryan B and Chase did pretty good Today.
I'm not a huge Carl Edwards fan but He made for a fun finish.

JB400

Did everyone enjoy the Xfinity race today?

Chargen69

TruckDriver

Quote from: JB400 on March 19, 2016, 07:44:22 PM
Did everyone enjoy the Xfinity race today?

Yeah, the last 2 laps was worth watching it. It was funny to see how much a sore looser K.B. still is. But all the same, I'll give him credit for trying on a flat tire the last lap.  :yesnod:
PETE