News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

Quote from: Chargen69 on July 31, 2016, 06:36:57 AM
anybody want to place a bet on which JGR team wins today?

...in front of empty grandstands and dwindling viewers.    :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargen69

Quote from: odcics2 on July 31, 2016, 07:02:19 AM
Quote from: Chargen69 on July 31, 2016, 06:36:57 AM
anybody want to place a bet on which JGR team wins today?

...in front of empty grandstands and dwindling viewers.    :Twocents:

actually they said the sunday race was sold out at pocono, too bad for the rain

JB400

Got to give Chris Buescher a  :cheers: for the win today.  That ought to make Roush happy.  Hopefully, he can get in the top 30

TruckDriver

Anyone see the Xfinity race at the Glen yesterday? Pretty wild how Derrick Copes car exploded and pretty much blew most of it off the car. As of this morning, no one still knows what caused that. Not even Napcar. Even the announcers were baffled about it. They impounded the car, just to figure out what caused that.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

odcics2

Looked like a violently blown tire to me...   :shruggy: :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TruckDriver

Quote from: odcics2 on August 07, 2016, 06:16:40 PM
Looked like a violently blown tire to me...   :shruggy: :Twocents:

But the tire on the side of the explosion, was not flat. You could see that clearly
PETE

JB400

I'm thinking it's a blown tire as well.  The right side was flat for some reason, and there was a lot of brake dust everywhere.

Aero426

Local NASCAR radio show suspected they had an alternative (not legal) gas used to fill the tire. 

A383Wing

The NASCAR Trucks are running at Bristol tonight, 5:30 Pacific time, 8:30 Eastern time, Channel FS1

TruckDriver

Ugh, I didn't see your post until now. I was bored too last night  :P
PETE

A383Wing

Night race in Bristol for the cup cars at 7:30est, 4:30pst....on NBCSN

TruckDriver

Rained out last night around lap 40. Supposed to be run today ay 1pm EASTERN time, but looking at the radar, it doesn't look good for today either. Lot of heavy rain headed their way. I'm thinking they will end up running it tomorrow  :brickwall: :P
PETE

TruckDriver

They are getting ready to restart the race right now at 3:38pm Central time. Cars are on the track. No more rain in sight.
PETE

A383Wing

yup..cars are on the track....channel CNBC

TruckDriver

First lady Of NASCAR Betty Jane France dies

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Betty Jane France, a longtime community leader considered by many to be the first lady Of NASCAR, has died.

Lesa France Kennedy said her mother died Monday evening. A statement from NASCAR on Tuesday did not disclose details of her death, including her age.

France was executive vice president and assistant treasurer of NASCAR and chair of the NASCAR Foundation. France was married to the late Bill France Jr., son of NASCAR founder Bill France. Her son, Brian, is chairman and CEO of NASCAR and France Kennedy is CEO of International Speedway Corp.

France was champion of health care for children, helping establish the ''Speediatrics'' children's care unit at Halifax Health in Daytona Beach and at Homestead Hospital in Homestead, Florida.

The Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award was created in her honor in 2011.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/first-lady-nascar-betty-jane-france-dies-171142062--nascar.html
PETE

TruckDriver

I kinda saw this coming........

Earnhardt to miss rest of NASCAR season with concussion

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/earnhardt-miss-rest-nascar-season-concussion-141800554--nascar.html

I bet by next season, he retires from racing.
PETE

Chargen69

those things add up, he may not make it back, if he does, one more good hit  :brickwall:  will end his career

Chargen69

not that I watched or anything, but how many times is a toyota going to fail post race inspection before they figure out what these guys are doing?

TruckDriver

Truex didn't fail or did he?
PETE

A383Wing

yes, the car failed....

Martin Truex Jr. is advancing to the next round of the Chase, though he's advancing with the help of an illegal car.

Truex's car failed post-race inspection after he took the checkered flag in Sunday's Chase-opening Sprint Cup Series race at Chicago. NASCAR announced earlier in the week that it would take the win away from cars that had serious post-race laser inspection failures, but said Sunday that the failure by Truex's team wasn't severe enough to endanger his win.

Chargen69

kyle's truck failed post race after winning friday night

hasnt a bunch of winning JGR cars failed this year after winning?

Chargen69

Quote from: A383Wing on September 19, 2016, 07:09:39 PM
yes, the car failed....

Martin Truex Jr. is advancing to the next round of the Chase, though he's advancing with the help of an illegal car.

Truex's car failed post-race inspection after he took the checkered flag in Sunday's Chase-opening Sprint Cup Series race at Chicago. NASCAR announced earlier in the week that it would take the win away from cars that had serious post-race laser inspection failures, but said Sunday that the failure by Truex's team wasn't severe enough to endanger his win.

even though he failed it, if chase had restarted on the outside row instead of martin, I think martin would have not won

JB400

http://fortune.com/2016/09/19/nascar-discrimination-lawsuit/

I wonder if the new Nascar team owner guaranteed starting spot program has anything to do with this?

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on September 19, 2016, 07:09:39 PM
yes, the car failed....

:flame: :brickwall:

I honestly think they need for all teams, not just the teams I like, re-write the ride height rule. Add more tolerances or something. Of course a car will settle after a race.

Quote from: Chargen69 on September 19, 2016, 10:12:00 PM
kyle's truck failed post race after winning friday night

hasnt a bunch of winning JGR cars failed this year after winning?

Yes they have  :yesnod:
PETE