News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petwofan

Quote from: The70RT on February 19, 2008, 11:02:46 AM
Someday I want to get a 60's Belvedere and make a Petty stocker for the street  ::)

I have a 1981 #42 STP  Regal Street Legal Tribute car.

Just bought a 1974 #43 STP Dodge Charger Street Legal Tribute car.

Not sure how to post pics on here yet.

If you got to Street Legal Stock Car Tributes on Facebook you can see them

nvrbdn

Nice cars. The main part of adding pics is to reduce the size of them. There are threads on this subject which can walk you through it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

alfaitalia

....or just use photobucket....no resizing, no renaming and it just generates a link especially for forums that you just copy paste in the post...don't even have to use the "insert hyperlink" tab when posting....simples!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Ponch ®

Quote from: Aero426 on November 22, 2016, 09:55:12 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 21, 2016, 03:03:13 PM

It's hard to really compare the two eras.

Johnson  has won titles in each of the three formats: 
1- the original "Winston Cup" points system,   
2- the first version of the Chase
3- the current "winner take all"  Chase

I have no doubt that some people do not like Johnson because he's vanilla.   He's not flashy.   He does not speak badly of others.   He's like a machine clicking off laps. 

No to nitpick (and i know this is 2 months late), but his first Cup was in 2006 - the chase had been in place for 2 seasons. Still doesnt take away from the fact that hes absolutely dominated the sport.

Plus, according to those who like to figure out that kind of thing, he would have run away with one or two more if the old season long points system had been in place. Sure, there are other factors out there, but you lose some because of the rules and you win some because of the rules.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

NASCAR will not permit damaged race cars to return to track

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-creates-traveling-safety-team-2017-153555856--nascar.html

NASCAR will not permit damaged race cars to return to the track this season unless the repairs can be made on pit road within a tight window.

The ban on wrecked race cars continuing to compete was announced Wednesday in a series of a rule updates for the 2017 season.

Beginning later this month at Daytona, if a car receives enough damage during an on-track incident that it must go to the garage for repairs, the team will not be allowed to repair it in an effort to get back on track. Damaged vehicles can be repaired on pit road during a five-minute cumulative time limit.

Under the new process:

- Body repairs are limited to the removal or reattachment of original parts with fasteners and tape.

- Rods and supports may be used to reinforce original panels.

- New or previously unused body panels are prohibited.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Looks like there'll only be 10 cars on the track, running by the end of Martinsville and Bristol

TruckDriver

Quote from: JB400 on February 08, 2017, 10:14:59 PM
Looks like there'll only be 10 cars on the track, running by the end of Martinsville and Bristol

Or Daytona, Talladega, Dover or even after next Saturday's Shootout where it is only a few cars to start with.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargen69

I am totally done with nascar.  I may watch daytona 500, maybe.  but that will be it.  I aint wasting no more of my life hoping it will get better

:slap: :brickwall: :flame: :'(

NOT MY NASCAR

Ponch ®

Its probably a good rule. Nothing worse to watch than a car w no front end riding around in 37th place and getting lapped for 2 hours just to get an extra point or two.  Its gotta suck for the drivers too.

That being said, they also need to adjust the points so that being out of the race isnt a huge penalty. Like cutting points altogether if you finish beyond a certain spot (25th) like F1 does. Plus the new points system will allow a driver to get some points even if they dont finish.

On the other hand, NASCAR is gonna have a headache trying to police drivers from taking each other out on purpose to screw the other guy over.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Mike DC

QuoteIts probably a good rule. Nothing worse to watch than a car w no front end riding around in 37th place and getting lapped for 2 hours just to get an extra point or two.  Its gotta suck for the drivers too.

That being said, they also need to adjust the points so that being out of the race isnt a huge penalty. Like cutting points altogether if you finish beyond a certain spot (25th) like F1 does. Plus the new points system will allow a driver to get some points even if they dont finish.

On the other hand, NASCAR is gonna have a headache trying to police drivers from taking each other out on purpose to screw the other guy over.

Why not just quit awarding points for finishing way down at the back of the pack?  They wouldn't need to ban driving damaged cars.

I gotta hand it to NASCAR:  Every time I start thinking they've made the sport as corporate-ized & micro-managed & inoffensive as it possibly could be, they find something else to clamp down on.

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Chargen69 on January 12, 2017, 11:45:59 AM
personally I havent cared a thing about carl since this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlge72GS6rU

cheered against him ever since

Same for me, he showed his true colors that day...

I think he was paid to sit out this year by his sponsor so the sponsors son could take over. Carol only had one more year left on his contract why not drive one more year and then hang up??? Something fishy and time will tell.

New rules new look same ol BS I'll still record the race and watch the highlights tell 10 laps to go...

JB400

For anyone complaining about this, maybe you should check out the pit road girls of Indy and F1

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/monster-energy-girls-nascar

TruckDriver

PETE

birdsandbees

Yah.. made my day too Truckdriver! He caused the situation, but of course little Kyle does nothing wrong...   :hah:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

RallyeMike

If I'd had the windows open I probably could have heard the community cheering.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ponch ®

41husk

If by thug, you mean entitled cry baby, yes I agree!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ralley72

I made it to the race Sunday afternoon at Texas Motor Speedway. Nice day and some good racing even though Johnson won again. Been a while since I have been to a race, forgot how loud it can be, my ears are still ringing. The stand where about 2/3 filled, kind of surprised me.
Anybody else go?

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Chargen69

I just jumped on the Jimmy train.

choo choo

bristol

You could see that coming. I was pretty excited i got to shake his hand and get an autograph yesterday before the race. Got to love rain outs I got 2 tickets and pit pass from some Yankees (didn't ask where they were from)  that had to get home for $100.

Chargen69

Quote from: bristol on April 25, 2017, 12:52:27 PM
You could see that coming. I was pretty excited i got to shake his hand and get an autograph yesterday before the race. Got to love rain outs I got 2 tickets and pit pass from some Yankees (didn't ask where they were from)  that had to get home for $100.

:cheers:

Mike DC

I'm surprised Dale Jr waited this long to retire.  IMO he had no business on the track anymore after last year. 

People look at his hit against the wall last year in Michigan and say, "those hits are a lot harder than they look on TV."  I'm sure that's true.  But it doesn't change the fact that it was almost nothing compared to how hard a NASCAR wreck can get.  If that one was too much then he basically cannot take any hit at all.  I'm not calling him a pussy but he is past his body's limits.  There's no shame in it.  It can happen to the best athletes.