News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Im heading to Richmond International Raceway for this Sunday's race.  This will be my first "official" NASCAR race!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JB400

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 25, 2017, 06:20:40 PM
Im heading to Richmond International Raceway for this Sunday's race.  This will be my first "official" NASCAR race!
Congrats on the experience.  Hope you get to enjoy it.

I wonder how much of an effect it had on him that he could wind up going the way his daddy did.

bristol

Im heading to Richmond International Raceway for this Sunday's race.  This will be my first "official" NASCAR race!

That will be a great experience. I was telling my wife today that I don't really care whose in the cars just being there smelling the fuel when they fire the engines, the patriotism, the sounds it's just a cool environment to be in. I'll be going to martinsville and Kentucky later this year.

nvrbdn

Ok, Darrell Waltrip has to be sitting in the booth kissing Jimmy Johnson pictures and wishing for a date. My gosh man, get off the "I love Jimmy" trip. 
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Quote from: nvrbdn on April 26, 2017, 06:04:26 PM
Ok, Darrell Waltrip has to be sitting in the booth kissing Jimmy Johnson pictures and wishing for a date. My gosh man, get off the "I love Jimmy" trip. 

:iagree:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bristol on April 25, 2017, 08:45:38 PM

That will be a great experience. I was telling my wife today that I don't really care whose in the cars just being there smelling the fuel when they fire the engines, the patriotism, the sounds it's just a cool environment to be in. I'll be going to martinsville and Kentucky later this year.
Quote from: JB400 on April 25, 2017, 08:32:54 PM
Congrats on the experience.  Hope you get to enjoy it.

I wonder how much of an effect it had on him that he could wind up going the way his daddy did.

Thanks all.

Went to Charlotte last year during the summer with the wife & kids as part of a road trip.  Got to watch some of the Bojangles series with the outlaw type cars.   Actually won 2 tickets to come back last October for the Race for the Cure event on a Friday night.  
Drove down 10 hours only the have the race rained out by Hurricane Matthew!  was able to see a couple hours of practice so I did get to see some actual NASCARS on the track....hopefully this time will be different.

Quick question to the seasoned veterans.....hearing protection.   Are full ear muffs necessary or can you get away with just the ear plugs?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nvrbdn

I always wear ear plugs, but I use the muffs on the grand kids.  :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cdr

Dale Jr is retiring at the end of 2017.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

bristol

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 26, 2017, 06:57:12 PM
Quote from: bristol on April 25, 2017, 08:45:38 PM

Quote from: JB400 on April 25, 2017, 08:32:54 PM
Congrats on the experience.  Hope you get to enjoy it.

Thanks all.

Went to Charlotte last year during the summer with the wife & kids as part of a road trip.  Got to watch some of the Bojangles series with the outlaw type cars.   Actually won 2 tickets to come back last October for the Race for the Cure event on a Friday night.  
Drove down 10 hours only the have the race rained out by Hurricane Matthew!  was able to see a couple hours of practice so I did get to see some actual NASCARS on the track....hopefully this time will be different.

Quick question to the seasoned veterans.....hearing protection.   Are full ear muffs necessary or can you get away with just the ear plugs?

Monday was my first race with ear muffs. I'll never go without them now. Got them at Walmart a black set and pink set $10 each. We put them on after about 5 laps and took them off during cautions to scream at each other but that's just Bristol.  :lol:

wingcar

I didn't see this posted:

Former NASCAR and IndyCar driver John Andretti revealed this week that he is fighting Stage 4 colon cancer.

Andretti, 54, said he is undergoing chemo treatments and faces surgeries in June.

I wish him the best.........

Andretti, who raced 17 seasons and won two races in NASCAR's top series, also made five starts in the Indianapolis 500.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Aero426

When you are intentionally a total jag off in the post race interview, this is what happens.  

RallyeMike

Funny! I laughed my ass off when I saw the "drop the mike" interview. Like everyone else, I don't like the guy but I'm glad he's around for the entertainment value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbtK3PRuohc
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TruckDriver

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 02, 2017, 04:12:54 PM
Funny! I laughed my ass off when I saw the "drop the mike" interview. Like everyone else, I don't like the guy but I'm glad he's around for the entertainment value.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

And now he is whining about everyone ragging on him. Well... Duhhhhhh, like when your supposed to act like a professional and act like a 7 year old instead, what do you think is going to happen. What a moron. I have hated a lot of drivers over the years, but none as much a KB.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

Truex is sure on a roll this year....I hope he can keep it up and take it to the end and win the Championship

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on July 09, 2017, 12:48:25 PM
Truex is sure on a roll this year....I hope he can keep it up and take it to the end and win the Championship

I agree.

And I have a feeling we will see Kenseth in a Hendrick car next year, either the 88 or the 5.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Aero426

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 09, 2017, 07:27:31 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on July 09, 2017, 12:48:25 PM

I agree.

And I have a feeling we will see Kenseth in a Hendrick car next year, either the 88 or the 5.

He could be a Hendrick driver for sure.     But I think Matt may swap rides and wind up in the 77 if Gibbs brings Erik Jones back in house.     Remember, the deal was they were loaning Jones for a year to Furniture Row.         Regardless, Matt will bring a lot of good to anywhere he lands.     At 45, his skills have not eroded at all.    

TruckDriver

2018 Silly season News - - -

Tuesday's announcement of Erik Jones as the replacement for Matt Kenseth in the No. 20 Toyota by Joe Gibbs Racing could be the first in a multitude of driver moves for the 2018 Cup season.

There are many drivers, sponsors and teams whose plans for next year have yet to be revealed, as was discussed on Tuesday's NASCAR America with Carolyn Manno, Steve Letarte and Slugger Labbe.

Here is a rundown of who could be headed where and with whom:

ANNOUNCED RIDES

—Erik Jones will be in the No. 20 Toyota (pushing out Matt Kenseth).

OPEN/POSSIBLY OPEN RIDES

—No. 88: Team owner Rick Hendrick hasn't tipped his hand on a direction for the ride, telling reporters at Daytona there was no timetable for naming Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s replacement.

–No. 5: This car virtually has no sponsorship announced for next season, and Kasey Kahne's status is uncertain. Hendrick Motorsports seems committed to remaining a four-car team next year.

—No. 77: Jones is returning to Joe Gibbs Racing after one season in Furniture Row Racing's new car. Team owner Barney Visser said after Kentucky that "we have nothing concrete. ... Our hope is to have two cars." 5-hour Energy has an option to return in 2018 and can't leave for another team. There is speculation Furniture Row Racing might move 5-hour Energy to the 78 with Martin Truex Jr., which would seem to leave the ride's future in doubt.

—No. 10: Sponsorship has yet to be announced for next season, and Danica Patrick's contract is in its last year with the team.

—No. 41: Monster is mulling whether to return as a team sponsor in addition to its series title sponsorship. Monster must inform NASCAR within the next few months if it's picking up the option on its series title sponsorship (which is a two-year deal with a two-year option). Co-owner Gene Haas has indicated Stewart-Haas Racing wants to stay at four cars. But if sponsorship isn't there, contraction could become an option for the team.

—No. 2: Still awaiting Brad Keselowski to be re-signed ... if he were to leave, Miller Lite is expected to stay and is said to like Ryan Blaney (whose social media persona and youth would seem a good fit for a beer company).

AVAILABLE DRIVERS

—Brad Keselowski: Still hasn't re-signed with Team Penske. There are conflicting reports on whether the deal is virtually done or negotiations are at an impasse. The sticking point is believed to be more support from Ford for his Brad Keselowski Racing truck team, similar to the way in which Toyota Racing Development helps subsidize Kyle Busch Motorsports' trucks. (Keselowski sparked an interesting discussion last week by saying that NASCAR needs more manufacturers.)

—Matt Kenseth: Is out at Joe Gibbs Racing but wants to remain in a championship-caliber ride. Hendrick's Nos. 88 or 5 seems the most likely landing spots, and he has a good friend in Dale Earnhardt Jr. to lobby on his behalf. Stewart-Haas Racing seems as if could be a possibility.
—William Byron: Hendrick Motorsports has gauged the 19-year-old's comfort level about a promotion to Cup. Rick Hendrick and Axalta (which has sponsored Byron in Xfinity races and likes his personality and potential) would like to move him up.

—Kurt Busch: The 2017 Daytona 500 winner said at Daytona he is waiting for Stewart-Haas Racing to pick up his contract option and was optimistic that it would because "I deliver for the team." Also mentioned there were many "moving parts" involving Monster and NASCAR.

—Kasey Kahne: Has a deal through next season, but the team controls the option to keep him, and it's widely thought it could be his last year at Hendrick.

—Ryan Blaney: Roger Penske said recently he wants to bring Blaney into the fold as early as next season, possibly in a third full-time car (or perhaps in the No. 2 if Keselowski were to leave).

—Danica Patrick: In her final year with Stewart-Haas Racing. She said last month she intends to drive next season, but the sponsorship uncertainty leaves her status murky for next year.

—Alex Bowman: If Hendrick goes young, he possibly could be in play for the No. 5 if the team puts Byron in the No. 88. Also in play for the No. 9 at JR Motorsports if Byron goes to Cup

Paul Menard: Hasn't been announced as returning to Richard Childress Racing, and the Menards sponsorship could be on the move (it already sponsors Team Penske in the IndyCar Series).

—Aric Almirola: Hasn't been announced yet as returning to RPM next season. Has been tied closely to sponsor Smithfield, which also had been mulling a move in its contract year but which just had a key decision-maker leave.

—GMS Racing/Spencer Gallagher: The team is mulling a move next season to Cup from the Xfinity Series. At Kentucky, Gallagher told SiriusXM that racing in Cup "definitely is a subject that has been broached, and we've put a lot of thought into it. We've always known that is our long-term goal to be racing in Cup. We're looking at different ways we might do it and different times in which it would be best. It's still in the formative stages."

PETE

nvrbdn

wow, There is a lot of uncertainty in the ranks. I for one am ready for the shake up and move to the younger drivers. There are so many "stale" drivers/teams out there that don't care if they ever compete for a top five spot/win. But just adding new blood isn't going to change the big picture as long as the owners are providing equipment that can't compete. Perfect example is Ryan Newman. 2 years in a row he is the most consistent driver in Nascar. RCR gives him junk to drive and he is lucky to stay on the lead lap. Several of the guys I like to watch have moved to "stale positions".  Maybe some new blood and some new energy to the teams will charge things up a bit and get some excitement back into cup racing.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargen69

I would love to see ryan Newman at hendricks

TruckDriver

PETE

chargerboy69

That would be great, but since he just re-signed with RCR I do not see it happening.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

41husk

I would love to see Dodge back in and BK back behind the wheel!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

A383Wing

The trucks are racing on dirt tonight at Eldora Speedway.....televised on Fox Business Network....channel 656 up here on Comcast

TruckDriver

Hendrick Motorsports officials announced Thursday that Alex Bowman will replace Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the organization's No. 88 Chevrolet for the 2018 season, with sponsorship from Nationwide and Axalta.

NASCAR considering further restricting Cup drivers from competing in Xfinity Series races

https://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2017/7/21/16013086/nascar-limit-cup-drivers-competing-xfinity-series-races?yptr=yahoo?src=rss

"The proposed limit could restrict drivers with more than five years of Cup experience from entering more than five Xfinity races per a season -- none of which can be during the seven-race playoffs or any of the four Dash 4 Cash races. Currently Cup veterans are permitted to make as many as 10 starts per season in non-playoff or Dash 4 Cash races.

"We have been in talks with teams about even limiting the number of races more or stay where we're at," Auton said. "Those conversations are ongoing. Stay tuned. I think some announcements will be coming out here pretty soon on what the garage area has asked us to look at."
PETE