News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Cool! I love ARCA racing. I wish they would air all the races.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

The guys here are starting a nascar fantasy league, but you don't have to pick anything. 5 bucks a week. 10 guys play. each week a number from 0-9 is drawn for each guy. if you have 0, any car with 0 for the last number is your car. if a car with 0 wins, you win the money. Makes it an easy way to play and root for different drivers every race.  :2thumbs:

I may actually enjoy the race a bit more this year with this new way of rooting. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Teams will pit cars with five people going over the wall instead of six and using standardized pit guns instead of their own creations.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pit-road-rules-present-challenges-224443951.html?src=rss

I also read in a different article, that they are going to be using a laser system now scan the cars as they go through inspection.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

odcics2

Now, get rid of splitters and side skirts.

Skirts belong on women, not stock cars! 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

I say the big difference in the pit stop will be what the jack man does.

As far as the inspection goes, they done away with lasers and the claw.  Now, the car is scanned by a bunch of cameras, put into a cad profile, then compared with a master car.  Takes 3 minutes to do a car.

TruckDriver

The Bumper Car 500 let Danica go out doing what she did best..... CRASH!  :2thumbs:
PETE

Chargen69

JB400

The 3 lived up to it's reputation yesterday. :P

nvrbdn

I agree. typical action by the 3 car. I felt he just plain ran over him. Was it just another blocker getting pushed out of the way, or bully not caring what he does?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

A win is a win, no matter how you get it.  As far as I'm concerned, Dillion just dumped him, in the typical Earnhardt no. 3 fashion. 

Aero426

Quote from: JB400 on February 19, 2018, 09:24:55 PM
A win is a win, no matter how you get it.  As far as I'm concerned, Dillion just dumped him, in the typical Earnhardt no. 3 fashion. 

It sucked.   But if Dillon had lifted, the train behind him would have run him over.    This is just a product of pack racing.   

Almirola laughed at the reporter when asked if Dillon had maliciously dumped him.   He said they were both trying to win the Daytona 500.     

Chargen69

positions reversed the exact same thing happens, the numbers dont mean anything.  any driver with that chance would "dump" their daddy for the win

oh yeah, racing still doesnt mean anything either.

not when you have a champion who almost didnt race half the season the other year

Chargen69

and I cant stand austin, but if he starts dumping people on mile and 1/2 tracks I might start watching nascar again...  didnt even watch yesterday

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chargen69 on February 20, 2018, 06:33:18 PM

not when you have a champion who almost didnt race half the season the other year

he won under the same rules as everyone else. If I recall correctly, both Lee and Richard Petty won a couple of championships when there were 60 races in the season and you could handpick the ones you wanted to race at, since no one had the means to race the full schedule.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Chargen69

i'm saying the rules SUCK and I'm not wasting life watching it anymore.

never said kyle did anything wrong, I just think its stupid that races dont matter anymore

Chargen69

and from aric himself, he said austin wasnt aggressive:

Aric Almirola – Finished 11th: "It was the last lap and we're all trying to win the Daytona 500. It's the biggest race of the year and it's a career-changing race, so we were just racing really aggressively. I put every move I knew to try and stay in the lead and, unfortunately, I just wasn't able to hold on. He got to my back bumper and was pushing and just hooked me. My heart is broken, but the beauty is we'll go to Atlanta and we've got an incredible race team here at Stewart-Haas Racing and we'll have another shot next week. ... (Dillon wasn't) driving too aggressively, he's trying to win the Daytona 500 just like I was. I saw him come with the momentum and I pulled up to block and did exactly what I needed to do to try to win the Daytona 500. I wasn't gonna just let him have it. I wasn't gonna just stay on the bottom and let him rail the outside, so I blocked and he got to my bumper and pushed and I thought I was still gonna be OK and somehow I got hooked. ... I'm just devastated."

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Quote from: JB400 on March 05, 2018, 09:23:48 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ex-nascar-truck-series-driver-arrested-allegedly-trying-arrange-sex-minor-155634782.html

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

That was a WOW news article when it broke over the weekend.     Rick Crawford is a journeyman driver.    Well respected.    And apparently a pedophile.     He will be likely be going away for a while.   

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JB400

Danica has found her a ride for the Indy 500.  It'll be interesting on how she transitions back to the indy cars.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/03/danica-patrick-to-pilot-the-no-13-ecr-chevrolet-at-the-2018-indy-500/

JB400

Kenseth returns to Cup for partial schedule. Shares the 6 with Bayne

TruckDriver

Nascar buys out the ARCA series  :rotz:
http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/breaking-nascar-acquires-arca-racing-series

In a move that has widespread industry implications, NASCAR announced on Friday morning at Talladega Superspeedway that it has acquired the ARCA Racing Series effective immediately.

With that said, ARCA will continue operating independently until after the 2019 season, at which point NASCAR plans to better align its interests beyond just the three national tours -- currently known as Monster Energy Cup, Xfinity and Camping World Trucks.

What wasn't made clear on Friday was to what extent NASCAR had purchased the assets of ARCA. In addition to the national series, ARCA also owns Toledo Speedway (Ohio) and Flat Rock Speedway (Mich.) and also sanctions two Super Late Model tours based out of Indiana (CRA) and Wisconsin (Midwest Tour), respectively.

PETE

TruckDriver

NASCAR driver James Hylton dies in highway accident
https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-driver-james-hylton-dies-highway-accident-180757904.html?src=rss

James Hylton, 83, who raced for more than half a century at NASCAR's Cup level, died Saturday in a traffic accident after leaving Talladega Superspeedway. Hylton's son James "Tweety" Hylton Jr.  also died in the wreck.
PETE

JB400

How long till we can kiss ARCA goodbye?  I don't see Nascar keeping a series in the US that basically mirrors the Xfinity