News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Quote from: JB400 on April 28, 2018, 04:58:20 PM
How long till we can kiss ARCA goodbye?  I don't see Nascar keeping a series in the US that basically mirrors the Xfinity

Exactly.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

Quote from: TruckDriver on May 02, 2018, 01:35:04 PM
Quote from: JB400 on April 28, 2018, 04:58:20 PM
How long till we can kiss ARCA goodbye?  I don't see Nascar keeping a series in the US that basically mirrors the Xfinity

Exactly.

It's always been a 4th tier series (behind the trucks), so itll probably be rebranded as a step between the K&N series and XFinity. You're not wrong that it could go away entirely tho...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

:o :o :o :o :o

France family exploring sale of NASCAR

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-france-family-exploring-sale-nascar-194740381.html?src=rss

According to reports from Reuters and CNBC, NASCAR executives are "working with investment bank Goldman Sachs Group Inc to identify a potential deal for the company." Talks are in the exploratory stage and a NASCAR spokeswoman did not deny the Reuters report, saying the sport had nothing to add at this time. Why a spokesperson's non-denial is significant In many instances like this, a spokesperson will deny a report of this nature even if there is truth behind it. In this report, NASCAR spokesperson Steph Harris said, "We don't have anything to add," to an inquiry from Reuters.
When a spokesperson typically makes a statement like that it is a tacit confirmation that the reporting is correct. If that is true in this case, it's a massive, massive scoop that NASCAR's only ownership family is considering a way out — even partially — of the ownership side of the biggest auto racing series in North America.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Lowes is parting ways with Johnson after this year

TruckDriver

Quote from: JB400 on May 25, 2018, 10:25:42 PM
Lowes is parting ways with Johnson after this year

J.J. is a "has been" now like Kasey Kahne. Plus Napscar is dying off too.

Now this is disturbing  ::)

https://sports.yahoo.com/danica-patrick-leaves-racing-claim-best-female-driver-american-history-132935924.html?src=rss

Danica Patrick leaves racing with a claim to be the best female driver in American history  :smilielol: :eek2: :smilielol: :lol:
PETE

JB400

Well, she ended her career with a bang, or a crash, however you want to out it

TruckDriver

I wasn't surprised, lol.
PETE

JB400

Got to give her credit though.  Other top drivers lost their cars as well

TruckDriver

This is sad....  :'(

John Andretti's colon cancer has returned, spread

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/05/29/john-andrettis-colon-cancer-has-returned-spread/?src=rss

Andretti, 55, had been in remission since November when he finished 12 chemotherapy treatments. Andretti's initial surgery after his diagnosis removed 12-14 inches of his colon and scans showed the cancer had spread to his liver and possibly his spleen.
PETE

Chargen69

odcics2

Liver cancer is terminal....    :'(
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TruckDriver

Quote from: odcics2 on June 26, 2018, 05:12:36 PM

Can't they just replace the liver in a transplant to cure it?
PETE

Aero426

Quote from: TruckDriver on June 30, 2018, 08:04:57 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on June 26, 2018, 05:12:36 PM

Can't they just replace the liver in a transplant to cure it?

Because the returning cancer has spread through the body, it's whack a mole.   I would presume not every type of liver cancer is suitable for transplant and that the wait time for a transplant can be a problem.   

JB400

Toyota's new choice for Xfinity. The Toyota Supra

Aero426

Maybe they can put a wing o it and it can be a Suprabird.   

It doesn't look like any kind of Supra I have ever seen. 

TruckDriver

I heard this about 2 weeks ago. And yeah...... Looks NOTHING like the factory version  :lol:
PETE

TruckDriver

Kasey Kahne announces retirement from racing in NASCAR full-time

https://sports.yahoo.com/kasey-kahne-announces-retirement-racing-nascar-full-time-125334327.html?src=rss

"Kasey Kahne has become the latest recognizable NASCAR driver to call it quits on his driving career.

Kahne said Thursday that the 2018 season would be his last driving full-time in NASCAR. He's been driving for Leavine Family Racing this season after parting ways with Hendrick Motorsports at the end of the 2017 season."

Elliott Sadler retiring to spend more time with his family

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/15/nascars-elliott-sadler-retiring-to-spend-more-time-with-his-family.html

""It's time for me, as a Dad, to help my kids pursue their dreams. Wyatt is 8 and Austyn is 6 and both of them are very active at school and in extracurricular activities," Sadler wrote on social media."
PETE

JB400

I didn't think Kayne was going to get to stick around for very long.

Aero426

Quote from: JB400 on September 05, 2018, 12:24:29 AM
Here's a shocker: 

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/09/04/furniture-row-racing-cease-operations-2018-season/

14 race sponsorship hole.    Gibbs raised the price of providing the cars and technical assistance.    Team owner had a heart attack.   Sounds like his family is not crazy about racing.      They have won a championship.   He has been to the top of the mountain.   What else is there to gain by spending his own money?     

Gibbs has already scooped up Truex and Cole Pearn.     Suarez will be driving something else in 2019.

JB400

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

Hope he can help turn Roush Fenway around.  The young blood isn't getting it done