News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: NHCharger on July 15, 2009, 08:51:13 PM
Mayfield just tested positive again for meth, what a loser.
When he won his injunction against NASCAR on 7/6 one of the provisions the judge gave NASCAR was the right to test Mayfield at anytime, they said OK right now. It took Mayfield several hours to get to the test center, claimed he got lost. Now his step mother claims to have seen him use meth multiple times over the past ten years.
Stick a fork in him, he's done.

That's a shame to give it all up for that crap  :rotz:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Landonsrt

What a deusch. His last remaining employee quit yesturday. Guess he knew it was coming. Didnt he say he was taking aderol and thats why he failed? 

moparnole

I know why he failed, he was on meth!! :slap:

73chgrSE

Wow meth?... really? .........that's crazy, you'ld think he would have been a faster driver then.   :nono: Oh well I'm sure his 3 fans will be very upset. :lol:

73chgrSE

Quote from: 73chgrSE on July 17, 2009, 08:15:52 AM
Wow meth?... really? .........that's crazy, you'ld think he would have been a faster driver then.   :nono: Oh well, I'm sure his 3 fans will be very upset. :lol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: NHCharger on July 15, 2009, 08:51:13 PM
Mayfield just tested positive again for meth, what a loser.
When he won his injunction against NASCAR on 7/6 one of the provisions the judge gave NASCAR was the right to test Mayfield at anytime, they said OK right now. It took Mayfield several hours to get to the test center, claimed he got lost. Now his step mother claims to have seen him use meth multiple times over the past ten years.
Stick a fork in him, he's done.

As convincing as the facts are, I really have a suspicion that not everything is entirely as it seems. I'm not saying the guy is innocent, but something just doesn't seem right about the whole thing.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

NHCharger

Ponch, I agree. NASCAR is claiming his urine test was very diluted, apparently he drank a ton of water before the test while lost.
Mayfield now claims his stepmom shot and killed his Dad and he's filing a wrongful death suit against her.
Mayfield does look awful healthy for a meth user, I had one work for me for a month.
Why hasn't Mayfield invited some media people to witness a drug test at an independent lab to clear his name.
I do remember how NASCAR demonized Tim Richmond and he became a social outcast before dying of Aids.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

restoman

Something's not right in this Mayfield vs: Nascar thing.
Mayfield claims he has had his own tests done, something like a dozen times or so, and they're all negative. But Nascar's tests are both positive. ???? Mayfiled says all his tests were at different labs and that he has the results. Nascar's are both from the same lab.

I"m thinking two things:
#1 - Nascar wants the little guys gone from the series for some reason (look what they did to Carl Long), and Mayfield is just as small time.
#2 - Nascar is looking to have someone to use as an example that their drug policy is working. If, for any reason, someone ever questioned it, Nascar could hold up Mayfield as an example of how well the policy works. He's a little guy, they don't care about the little guy. AND, if say, one of the big stars ever got a postive result, it could be swept away without raising doubts about the testing procedure.

Brian France just makes my sphincter tighten up when he talks and I think Mike Helton does what he's told to do.

I used to be a big Nascar fan, but now.... Sometimes the racing is still very good, and the drivers are the best around, but everything is just too "controlled".

Ponch ®

The thing that I don't get is why NASCAR's list of banned substances is not public. For the sake of argument, let's say Mayfield was on meth, but for some far fetched reason meth isn't on that list. So all NASCAR has to do is amend the list and throw meth on there and now he's guilty - in essence the rules are changed after the fact. Aside from the fact that doing meth is incredibly stupid (and especially dangerous for a race car driver), maybe he wasn't breaking the rules at the time. Sort of like how all those baseball players are now saying "yes, I was on steroids but they weren't illegal then".

Let's not forget that NASCAR has a tendency of keeping its rules vague and/or broad to give itself the flexibility of applying them as it pleases ("actions detrimental to stock car racing" :eyes:). Mayfield - who's a field filler at best - tests positive for substance X, he's suspended and essentially railroaded out of the sport. But if Junior tests positive for the same substance, then NASCAR can keep it on the down low, say that it's not a big deall, and let him off with a slap on the wrist.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Ponch ®

Quote from: NHCharger on July 17, 2009, 07:09:47 PM

I do remember how NASCAR demonized Tim Richmond and he became a social outcast before dying of Aids.

If you haven't already, read Ed Hinton's "Daytona" book. There's an entire chapter devoted to that. NASCAR did some really low things to try to get him to quit. When they suspended him for a positive drug test, they wouldn't say what it was (AZT), because that would essentially reveal that he had AIDS. So they did the next best thing - they leaked to the press the number of a hospital that Richmond had gone to - and it specialized in AIDS cases.

Ghoste

And so ends another chapter of "As The Roundy-Rounders Turn".  :rotz:

Chargen69

Quote from: restoman on July 17, 2009, 07:32:50 PM
Something's not right in this Mayfield vs: Nascar thing.
Mayfield claims he has had his own tests done, something like a dozen times or so, and they're all negative. But Nascar's tests are both positive. ???? Mayfiled says all his tests were at different labs and that he has the results. Nascar's are both from the same lab.

I"m thinking two things:
#1 - Nascar wants the little guys gone from the series for some reason (look what they did to Carl Long), and Mayfield is just as small time.
#2 - Nascar is looking to have someone to use as an example that their drug policy is working. If, for any reason, someone ever questioned it, Nascar could hold up Mayfield as an example of how well the policy works. He's a little guy, they don't care about the little guy. AND, if say, one of the big stars ever got a postive result, it could be swept away without raising doubts about the testing procedure.

Brian France just makes my sphincter tighten up when he talks and I think Mike Helton does what he's told to do.

I used to be a big Nascar fan, but now.... Sometimes the racing is still very good, and the drivers are the best around, but everything is just too "controlled".

this is a very easy thing to find out, what needs to happen is what WWE is doing.  Take Jeremy into a room and strip nipples to kness in front of somebody, pee in a cup, split it up into a few samples sent into different laps.

having said that, he is on meth.  :slap:

General_01

On a different note, it looks like Matt Kenseth will be looking for a new sponsor. DeWalt has said that they will not sponsor him in 2010. Looks like they are pulling out of Nascar because of the hit the construction industry is taking with this economy.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

NHCharger

Just saw the driver's children sing the national anthem at Bristol. They did a better job than most of the professional singers.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Landonsrt

You do know that is prerecorded in a sound studio. I had to do that back in high school for the Atlanta Richs tree lighting years ago.

Foreman72

Quote from: Landonsrt on August 22, 2009, 08:14:47 PM
You do know that is prerecorded in a sound studio. I had to do that back in high school for the Atlanta Richs tree lighting years ago.

:lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

NHCharger

Quote from: Landonsrt on August 22, 2009, 08:14:47 PM

Damn, that's cheating. I was actually in my office reading some news and had the volume up loud enough to hear it so I didn't know they were pulling a Milli Vanilli

Unfortunately cry baby Kyle won :puke:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Landonsrt

Only if Martin would have pulled an Earnhardt. But hes too nice of a guy to race that way.

moparnole

If only mark would have used the missiles hidden under the front splitter ( yes they are VERY small ) then we could have seen him win in his 1,000th start

The70RT

Quote from: moparnole on August 23, 2009, 11:59:40 AM
If only mark would have used the missiles hidden under the front splitter ( yes they are VERY small ) then we could have seen him win in his 1,000th start

The front bumper would have worked for me. If it was crunch time it would have been different. :scratchchin:

TruckDriver

So, Danica Patrick will start racing in Nascar next year part time after all. And sounds like she will be part of Tony Stuart's teams. Although, they did say she might do some ARCA races too.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

they did say she might do some ARCA races too.
[/quote]

Probably not all she's doing  :D

Landonsrt

She way too overrated. Stewart was the one that said a few months ago on his radio show she should stay where shes at.
I guess no matter what they do in Altanta, it will never sell out! Way too many empty seats.

472 R/T SE

Tony, or any other owner, would be a fool for not latching on to that media darling.

Talent or not.  :Twocents:

The70RT