News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

303 Mopar

Quote from: JB400 on November 11, 2018, 06:10:06 PM
Prediction Harvick or Busch for champion.

I'd like to see Truex take out Logano.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

A383Wing

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 12, 2018, 01:03:16 PM

I would like to see anybody take out Logano

Chargen69

Quote from: A383Wing on November 12, 2018, 07:47:46 PM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 12, 2018, 01:03:16 PM

I would like to see anybody take out Logano

Aric doesnt have anything to lose now

:2thumbs: :cheers: :drive:

Aero426

Out with a whimper.  Homestead this weekend is the last time the Challenger body will be eligible. Carl Long's Xfinity car.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

It'd be cool to see Dodge come back, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

JB400

Quote from: JB400 on October 28, 2018, 05:54:24 PM
What's Joey's odds of winning the championship this year? :D
Looks like it was pretty good odds this year.  However, Kyle Busch won the regular seaon.

A383Wing

nvrbdn

That totally sucked!!!!!! Truex should have moved the punk. He had the chance earlier to do it. He failed. I know he was trying to be clean, but come on. I knew when they lined up that Logano was faster for 20 laps on new tires. Everyone across the nation knew that Logano was faster for the first 20 laps on new tires. What were Truex and his team thinking was going to happen?  It was time to back up your mouth and you didn't do it.  Just sucked!!!!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on November 15, 2018, 10:48:02 AM
Out with a whimper.  Homestead this weekend is the last time the Challenger body will be eligible. Carl Long's Xfinity car.

Last of the Mohicans for now I take it..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

Not my favorite driver - but happy for Penske. He is a mans man and all class. Could have been worse....like KB.

nvrbdn

I personally would have taken Kyle over Logano. He whined and cried saying Newman was racing him too hard last year and they should have just rode around till the end, then race. Newman said, I thought we were here to race. Can't stand him no matter who he's driving for.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

odcics2

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 19, 2018, 01:37:50 PM
Not my favorite driver - but happy for Penske. He is a mans man and all class. Could have been worse....like KB.

agree.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

A383Wing

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 19, 2018, 10:10:22 AM
That totally sucked!!!!!! Truex should have moved the punk. He had the chance earlier to do it. He failed. I know he was trying to be clean, but come on. I knew when they lined up that Logano was faster for 20 laps on new tires. Everyone across the nation knew that Logano was faster for the first 20 laps on new tires. What were Truex and his team thinking was going to happen?  It was time to back up your mouth and you didn't do it.  Just sucked!!!!!!

Yea, Truex even said that he would move him even before the race even started.......I was waiting for it....never happened

Maybe he got orders from the boss not to take Joey out....maybe he wanted to be remembered that he was a clean racer......either way, it was an opportunity that was missed

Hell....even Joey said that that's the way he races and he's not gonna change his style......he should be fair game to everyone out there from here on out

Aero426

I am not really a JL fan, but I appreciate it was a clean race that didn't have wrecks at the end and several overtime restarts.     Maybe if Truex had gotten back to his bumper at the end,  he would have moved him.   I certainly have respect for Martin and how he races.      Glad to see an American brand win.     

TruckDriver

Quote from: odcics2 on November 21, 2018, 09:33:52 AM

agree.

I actually hate JL more then KB.  ::)
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

odcics2

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 22, 2018, 11:04:58 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on November 21, 2018, 09:33:52 AM

agree.

I actually hate JL more then KB.  ::)

And I hate Toyotas, most of all.   

:patriot:

odcics2

Quote from: A383Wing on November 21, 2018, 02:52:45 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on November 19, 2018, 10:10:22 AM

Yea, Truex even said that he would move him even before the race even started.......I was waiting for it....never happened

Maybe he got orders from the boss not to take Joey out....maybe he wanted to be remembered that he was a clean racer......either way, it was an opportunity that was missed

Hell....even Joey said that that's the way he races and he's not gonna change his style......he should be fair game to everyone out there from here on out

Nice guys finish... last?   Ask Dale Sr. about his style...    :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

Yep, Dale Sr. was the dirtiest driver in NASCAR. Was never a fan. It kinda soured my feelings about Jr. just because of the relationship. But I sure loved to root against him!!!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

odcics2

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 22, 2018, 03:01:04 PM
Yep, Dale Sr. was the dirtiest driver in NASCAR. Was never a fan. It kinda soured my feelings about Jr. just because of the relationship. But I sure loved to root against him!!!!!

And that's what fans on both sides came to see....   :Twocents:

TruckDriver

Quote from: odcics2 on November 23, 2018, 12:41:00 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on November 22, 2018, 03:01:04 PM

And that's what fans on both sides came to see....   :Twocents:

I completely agree. THAT is what fans want to see. Rubbing is racing where I grew up.  I love it when they lean on each other hard, or race side by side hard. Football would be boring with no tackling, just like races are VERY boring with no contact in them. I know it costs teams a lot of money to fix cars, but it is the reality of racing. Contact is what makes figure 8 racing exciting, or demolition derby's exciting. In all sports, it is the thrill of something crazy happening. That is why I find all sports other then racing and football BORING. Sorry, just being honest.

I loved Dale Sr. And a lot of people say that he was dirty, but also forget the other drivers that were just as, or dirtier then Dale Sr. There were a few, just not as successful. Mr. Excitement for one, Jimmy Spencer, Ernie Irvan (swerven Ervan), Juan Pablo Montoya, Kevin Harvick when he was younger, Robby Gordon, Tony Stewart, Cale Yarborough, Lee Petty was known for being very aggressive. Even Darrel & Michael Waltrip. Dale Sr. was just racing before all the overkill rules that nascar invented. When you could get away with a lot more. Everyone always point to to Dale SR because he was always in the spotlight, yet there were all those other guys that raced with him, that were doing a lot of the same type of driving. And there always will be drivers like that.
PETE

nvrbdn

Tony Stewart was one of the worse drivers out there for inflicting punishment, probably in second behind Sr.. He was always causing controversy. I agree with that.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

Defunct Furniture Row Racing's NASCAR Cup charter bought for 2019

https://sports.yahoo.com/defunct-furniture-row-racing-apos-160443958.html?src=rss

"The now-defunct Furniture Row Racing team that ran Martin Truex Jr to the 2017 NASCAR Cup series title has had its charter bought ahead of the '19 season.

The charter, which guarantees entry and the right to prize money, has been bought by the Spire Sports + Entertainment company, which has clients in NASCAR including Chip Ganassi Racing driver Kyle Larson."
PETE