News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 23, 2019, 02:26:43 PM
Nascar figure 8 racing will bring viewers, lol.

I'd like to see a pair of Toyotas hit in the "X"!  Fun times.   :smilielol:

Also - Secret photo found of the next Gen -7  Nascar racer, said to do away with the need for clean air.
Please don't spread this around the 'net!

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ponch ®

NASCAR trailer races!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

odcics2

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 25, 2019, 07:36:44 PM

NASCAR trailer races!

GREAT IDEA!      Looking forward to seeing pit stops!

Crew chief to driver: "What ya think?  Take 2, 4, 8, 16?   Or gas and go?" (250 gallons)
Driver to crew chief: "12!  Take a 1/2 pound out of 3, 5, 8 and 9.  Add a 1/2 pound to 1, 6, 10 and 12."

Ponch ®

Quote from: odcics2 on February 26, 2019, 09:03:22 AM

NASCAR trailer races!

Crew chief to driver: "What ya think?  Take 2, 4, 8, 16?   Or gas and go?" (250 gallons)
Driver to crew chief: "12!  Take a 1/2 pound out of 3, 5, 8 and 9.  Add a 1/2 pound to 1, 6, 10 and 12."

was thinking more along these lines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alZnEqO-uFo
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

odcics2

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 26, 2019, 01:44:12 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on February 26, 2019, 09:03:22 AM

NASCAR trailer races!

was thinking more along these lines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alZnEqO-uFo

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

odcics2

Strangely quiet from the BK and JL haters.....   :shruggy:

Chargen69

that's because we don't watch racing anymore...  duh

odcics2

TruckDriver

Schedule shake-up: 2020 NASCAR Cup Series slate gets a makeover

A totally different scheduled, and completely different final 10 races, and more "off" time for teams.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/03/26/2020-nascar-schedule-revealed-playoffs-championship-race-changes/?linkId=100000005594450&fbclid=IwAR3XEYEKp_y4FXLhDBTZkNexKmU6GzgmcHOHDbIqrv-8jveVX4N2TZ3Oz20
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

TruckDriver

Well, I am sad to see that this will make a lot of you sad here :lol:

Pretty good read though.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-on-fox-analyst-darrell-waltrip-will-retire-in-2019-192547213.html?src=rss

Waltrip revealed Thursday to the Tennesseean that he'll retire after Fox's NASCAR coverage concludes this summer.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Personally, I'd rather see his brother retire first, but that's just me

A383Wing

Quote from: JB400 on April 04, 2019, 09:11:12 PM
Personally, I'd rather see his brother retire first, but that's just me

I'm tired of listening to both of them.....but that's just me

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on April 05, 2019, 11:57:18 AM

I'm tired of listening to both of them.....but that's just me

They were both ready to go out to pasture back when they got rid of Digger and Friends.

wingcar

I will miss him.....another name from the past is leaving (moving on).....He was a colorful driver in days past who left his mark on the sport.

However
.....I will not miss hearing his catchphrase....."Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Let's go racing boys" at the start of the race!   :slap:

Darrell.....enjoy your retirement.... :2thumbs:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

wingcar

Mario Andretti History....on this date in 1959

April 25, 1959

The legendary driver Mario Andretti makes his racing debut, winning at the Nazareth Motor Speed-way (Pennsylvania) in a 1948 Hudson.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TruckDriver

NASCAR returns to single-car qualifying for Cup, Xfinity and Trucks

https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-returns-single-car-qualifying-194854380.html?src=rss

Single-car qualifying is returning to the NASCAR Cup, beginning this weekend at Dover International Speedway.

For remainder of the season, qualifying for the Cup, as well as in the Xfinity and Truck championships', will move to a single-car, single-round format at all race tracks except road courses.

At oval tracks measuring 1.25 miles in length or less, qualifying will consist of two timed laps.

But at oval tracks measuring more than 1.25 miles in length, qualifying will consist of one timed lap.

The group qualifying format will remain in place at road courses, and the qualifying order draw will be determined by the previous race's starting lineup.

In the Cup, the top 20 starters from the previous race will draw to take their qualifying lap in positions 21-40, which will take place in the second half of qualifying.

The remainder of the drivers will draw to qualify in positions 1-20.

In a different article on this subject, they also said NASCAR its self was not happy how drivers waited until the last few seconds of qualifying to go out.
PETE

JB400

Now they realize they did it right the first time

TruckDriver

:lol: NASCAR's plan to boost attendance and ratings: Betting on races

https://alabamanewscenter.com/2019/05/12/nascars-plan-boost-attendance-ratings-betting-races/?src=rss?src=rss?src=rss?src=rss?src=rss?src=rss

"Gentlemen, place your wagers.

NASCAR has signed an exclusive data partnership with Genius Sports, a deal the U.S.'s largest racing series says will lead to an in-race betting product and help battle sagging attendance and television ratings.

Genius will use up-to-the-second data points like car speed and track position to build a betting product that the London-based company can sell to global sports books. Exclusive access to the data will allow Genius to create a betting platform that provides traditional wagers – like who will win – and prop bets such as how many lead changes there will be or whether a Chevy will end up in victory lane.

Financial terms weren't disclosed."
PETE

Chargen69

wow.  as if conspiracy theories didn't already exist about nascar and the outcomes of some races, this will do nothing to make it better

why is that going to make me want to buy a ticket?

TruckDriver

NASCAR Acquires 12 Major Racetracks in $2B Merger with International Speedway

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2019/05/28/nascar-acquires-12-major-racetracks-in-2b-merger-with-international-speedway/?fbclid=IwAR3CuyH0a7nYHshwwyiTx2NqV-yjphiFtc49MBlQiTYU7sjkn-MERGQA9j0

The 12 International Speedway Corp.-owned tracks which will now be under the control of NASCAR per this deal are:

Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA
Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, IL
Darlington Raceway in Darlington, SC
Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL
Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, FL
ISM Raceway in Avondale, AZ
Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS
Martinsville Speedway in Ridgeway, VA
Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, MI
Richmond Raceway in Richmond, VA
Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, AL
Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, NY
Also included in the deal is Iowa Speedway in Newton, IA, but NASCAR already had control of it prior to the merger.
PETE

djcarguy

don't races switch off fox this weekend??    what is time an station of june 30 ? race?/   THANKS,, my putor is not shreaching at all..DJ :2thumbs:

Aero426

Quote from: djcarguy on June 27, 2019, 07:31:11 PM
don't races switch off fox this weekend??    what is time an station of june 30 ? race?/   THANKS,, my putor is not shreaching at all..DJ :2thumbs:

3PM eastern on NBCSN.   

JB400

Cole Trickle is going to run at Darlington:  https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2019/08/01/william-byron-brings-back-thunder-with-darlington-throwback-scheme/

On another note, JJ gets a new crew chief effective immediately

JB400

Looks like Bubba Wallace will do a tribute to Adam for Darlington: