News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Just to bad, RP can't get better running cars. Bubba's average finish is what? 22/23.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Brad's running my favorite version of Rusty's car:

odcics2

Quote from: TruckDriver on August 09, 2019, 10:12:00 PM
Just to bad, RP can't get better running cars. Bubba's average finish is what? 22/23.

Sorry, the 1974 Charger is not legal!  
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5:  Darlington  6ET an 3PT  :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

odcics2

Not even a full grid for todays race.   :rotz:

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on September 01, 2019, 11:40:50 AM
Not even a full grid for todays race.   :rotz:

Race was great.   Too bad came down to JGR vs JGR.    The Cup cars are now able to run flat through turn 1 & 2.   Amazing.

RallyeMike

Hard to have a bad race at that track, ....and with all the throwback coverage. Its no wonder that the track sells out.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JB400

I enjoyed watching it.  First race I've watched in a few months

TruckDriver

Not a Austin Dillon fan, but the black and gold tribute car to Richard Childress was by far the prettiest ones out there. I never got to see the end. I was falling asleep and went to bed at the second stage ending.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

odcics2

Empty grandstands at Indy.  Sad.

alfaitalia

If its anything like our Formula One races in Europe its the average earning race fan being priced out of being able to go.....
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Aero426

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 08, 2019, 01:23:53 PM
If its anything like our Formula One races in Europe its the average earning race fan being priced out of being able to go.....

F1 might be the most fan-unfriendly racing on the planet.     It is intentionally exclusive.   You can buy a seat for any NASCAR Cup race for $100 or less.    It is all the other costs that can add up.    Hotels have been known for gouging since 1969.   

Aero426

Paul Menard out of the #21 for 2020.   Guido in after being dropped out of the #95.    Seems like a positive move for the Wood Brothers.    The #21 is the unofficial 4th Penske car.   

JB400

Hopefully, Matt will put the 21 back in victory lane.  He's doing pretty good with last years Gibbs equipment

TruckDriver

Richard Childress to drive car Dale Earnhardt won last race in at 'Dega

https://sports.yahoo.com/richard-childress-drive-car-dale-192815413.html?src=rss

Richard Childress will once again climb behind the wheel of a race car – but it won't be just any race car and it won't be at just any race track. Childress announced Wednesday that he will pace the field prior to the start of the Oct. 13 Cup playoff race at Talladega Superspeedway, driving one of the most renowned cars in the sport: the same No. 3 GM Goodwrench Chevrolet Monte Carlo that the late Dale Earnhardt drove to the 76th and final win of his Cup career nearly 19 years earlier in the Winston 500 at Talladega on Oct. 15, 2000.
PETE

JB400

And to no surprise...

Christopher Bell in the 95 next year.

https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2019/09/24/christopher-bell-2020-leavine-family-racing-nascar-silly-season/

Personally, I'm surprised they didn't put Jones in this ride and put Bell in the 20.  But he's a favorite from the Xfinity series.

Chargen69

JB400

I could be wrong, but I don't think he's going to be the driver to turn Roush around and into victory lane.

Chargen69

no but ricky needed to go

odcics2

Surprised there is no mention of the spec chassis by Dallara for all teams!!   :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

https://racer.com/2019/08/31/dallara-tipped-to-build-new-gen-7-nascar-chassis/ 

Rick Hendrick confirmed it.   A lot of talk on some sites, pro and con.... 

Ponch ®

Quote from: odcics2 on September 08, 2019, 01:17:14 PM
Empty grandstands at Indy.  Sad.

Did you see how many empty seats there were at Bristol? I remember just a few years ago how there was a 2 year waiting list to get tickets.

The tickets themselves might be cheap, but everything else isn't.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

odcics2

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 26, 2019, 11:30:22 AM
Empty grandstands at Indy.  Sad.

Did you see how many empty seats there were at Bristol? I remember just a few years ago how there was a 2 year waiting list to get tickets.

Didn't see it. Sounds like a lot of others didn't see it either!  

Perhaps Nascar is (was?) a fad that's past the due date.  

Ponch ®

Quote from: odcics2 on September 26, 2019, 12:57:25 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on September 26, 2019, 11:30:22 AM
Empty grandstands at Indy.  Sad.

Didn't see it. Sounds like a lot of others didn't see it either!  

Perhaps Nascar is (was?) a fade that's past the due date.  

IDK...if you read through some of my past posts in this thread, I keep saying "the racing isn't any more boring than it was 30 years ago" BUT I have to admit that all of these rule changes (Stage wins, and whatnot) have somewhat turned me off. That, and a lot of the guys who were driving back when I got into it in the late 90's / early 00's have either retired or are no longer competitive. I mean, who's left? Kurt Busch, Johnson, Harvick?

On the other hand, the racing at Indy is boring as hell to watch. And from what I've read, looks like hotels and other businesses near Bristol were getting a little too trigger happy when it came to gouging race fans to the point where it may have backfired on them.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Mike DC

The sport's core demographic doesn't have any money to spend.  They haven't in over a decade.  That has a little something to do with it.   

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 26, 2019, 04:55:04 PM

The sport's core demographic doesn't have any money to spend.  They haven't in over a decade.  That has a little something to do with it.  

What are you talking about? We have the best economy in years. Lowest unemployment rate, I tell you. Huge numbers. And it's only going to get better. You're not going believe it. Incredible. Best of all time.