News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

RallyeMike

I for one, am glad to see some more road course action with stock cars.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

odcics2

Quote from: DownZero on March 04, 2020, 06:46:27 PM
yea, but only on the 7litre engines. All the others were exempt.

There were no other engines used at that time.   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

Quote from: DownZero on March 04, 2020, 06:46:27 PM
yea, but only on the 7litre engines. All the others were exempt.

They were all 7 litre engines in 1970.

JB400

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 04, 2020, 07:46:28 PM
I'm all for more road courses, however the BC is like the prelude of the Daytona 500.  Putting it on the road course makes it like a continuation of the 24 hrs of Daytona.  They should have a race on Road America

Aero426

Quote from: JB400 on March 05, 2020, 07:24:45 AM
I'm all for more road courses, however the BC is like the prelude of the Daytona 500.  Putting it on the road course makes it like a continuation of the 24 hrs of Daytona.  They deerve a Cup race should have a race on Road America

I have to believe Road America is on the shortest of short lists for tracks not having a Cup date.     Road America consistently is among the biggest crowd draws for a stand-alone Xfinity race.    They need a date that fits their already packed schedule (might be the biggest problem) and they would have to pony up the sanction fee to NA$CAR.     

As to the Clash on the road course, I'm actually all in for it.   I will pay to see the full size Cup cars run the road course.    It's a non-points and they are using old cars.   So all they have to bring back is the steering wheel.    They will still be able to have the Big One coming to the flag.     

odcics2

Quote from: Aero426 on March 05, 2020, 10:58:10 AM
Quote from: JB400 on March 05, 2020, 07:24:45 AM
I'm all for more road courses, however the BC is like the prelude of the Daytona 500.  Putting it on the road course makes it like a continuation of the 24 hrs of Daytona.  They deerve a Cup race should have a race on Road America

I have to believe Road America is on the shortest of short lists for tracks not having a Cup date.     Road America consistently is among the biggest crowd draws for a stand-alone Xfinity race.    They need a date that fits their already packed schedule (might be the biggest problem) and they would have to pony up the sanction fee to NA$CAR.     

As to the Clash on the road course, I'm actually all in for it.   I will pay to see the full size Cup cars run the road course.    It's a non-points and they are using old cars.   So all they have to bring back is the steering wheel.    They will still be able to have the Big One coming to the flag.     

"the big one"     :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

JB400

One has to stop and think, there's only going to be 20 cars or less on track.  Not everyone can throw a car around the curves.  Looks like it's going to be a drawn out field.  Not very entertaining to watch.  Some of the lesser known teams have good road course guys.  The odds of them being in that field are pretty slim.  The Daytona road course needs its own date with a full field.

Aero426

Quote from: JB400 on March 05, 2020, 11:25:21 AM
One has to stop and think, there's only going to be 20 cars or less on track.  Not everyone can throw a car around the curves.  Looks like it's going to be a drawn out field.  Not very entertaining to watch.  Some of the lesser known teams have good road course guys.  The odds of them being in that field are pretty slim.  The Daytona road course needs its own date with a full field.

All the top drivers now are excellent road racers.     They have almost a full year to play in the simulators too.    There was discussion of the second Daytona race being on the road course in the future.    So that could happen.

I don't see how the show could be less craptastic than the six cars running at the finish of the Clash this year.    And the winner had been wrecked.   

odcics2

Due to the virus, the next two Nascar races will have no fans.
So, the 3 of you can stay home.   :slap:

Chargen69

Quote from: odcics2 on March 12, 2020, 01:55:51 PM
Due to the virus, the next two Nascar races will have no fans.
So, the 3 of you can stay home.   :slap:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chargen69

odcics2

A383Wing

The latest I read was that all the racing events will be postponed until May

JB400

They're doing eNASCAR, in other words, online video games, and broadcasting those.

RallyeMike

QuoteThey're doing eNASCAR, in other words, online video games, and broadcasting those.

I randomly caught the one for Texas Speedway on Sunday and decided too watch it. I think they did a great job of it, but it will be only one I watch. Interesting to see once, but any time you watch others playing video games how long can you really stay interested?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   Today i saw a nascar classic on fox,it was the 88 500 from Arizona. was good see Pettys and dale sr,an favorite old drivers. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

odcics2

Quote from: djcarguy on April 04, 2020, 10:56:47 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   Today i saw a nascar classic on fox,it was the 88 500 from Arizona. was good see Pettys and dale sr,an favorite old drivers. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Lots of real racing from the 60-70s on youtube...

maxwellwedge

I guess he won't be allowed to race this weekend....  :scratchchin:

odcics2

odcics2

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"