News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

re fitting side rear glass

Started by Paul w, March 10, 2008, 03:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul w

:icon_smile_question:  hi guys is there a fitting kit for re-fitting the rear quarter glass in charger  :shruggy:

can you get a kit from year-one , r/t resto, bea body parts  or any one ???  :-\
B3 / CHARGER R/T SE
MOVE OVER PEOPLE ARE RACING

bill440rt

Paul, what kind of "fitting kit" would you be referring to?  :shruggy:

The attachment bolts? The rollers? The adjustment bolts? The regulators?  :shruggy:
What year Charger?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Paul w

:-\  Sorry dude i have a 69 SE, so eclectic windows and i need a kit to re fit the rear quarter glass to the regulates i think they are plastic washer type things :shruggy: with a bolt  :-\ 

I really don't know as it was taken out by the body shop and i was not aware of it untill i found the glass in a box  ;) as i told them if anything needed to come off let me know and i would take it off, so that i could take photos and would have first hands on knowledge :brickwall:  :RantExplode: they didn't let me know :flame:
B3 / CHARGER R/T SE

bill440rt

Paul,
Unfortunately, those bolts are not being reproduced. Ahhh, but there's a VERY easy fix!!

The bolts originally were 1/4-20 thread with a slightly cupped washer & then a felt or rubber washer. The cupped washer distributed the "load" across a wider area than using a flat washer.
Go down to your local Home Depot or hardware store, & pick up some 1/4-20 bolts, about 1-1/4" long. Also get some 1" diameter washers. If they have some 3/4" cupped washers, great. If not, get some washers smaller than 1", that will also help disperse the bolt torque. Pick up some rubber neoprene washers for the "pads". You'll need 4 per window, 8 total.

Place the small or cupped washer over the bolt, then the larger washer, then the rubber washer. The other rubber washer goes on the inside of the window against the regulator. The glass has larger holes in it for the bolts to go thru, the factory simply used a piece of rubber hose as a bushing. Radiator overflow hose works perfect for this, it's about 1/2" in diameter. Don't crank down hard on the bolts!! Just snug. A drop or two of Thread-Lok isn't a bad idea, either.

That's it, good luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Paul w

:cheers: Thanks BILL for your help  :2thumbs: I just hope it all go's back in the wright place  :icon_smile_wink:
I will take my time and it should all work out in the end hey :lol: thank you again all the best paul watkins
69 R/T SE B3.
B3 / CHARGER R/T SE

markie p

Thanks for posting info on bolt sizes. as broke one undoing it  :2thumbs: paul are your window switches ok or did you replace if so where do i get some from.

Paul w

:yesnod: yes all mine were fine but one was cut off at the switch so i got another at a swap meet  :2thumbs:

there is someone making new switches but i can not remember who but i would speak with MIKE ROSS OF BE&A BODY PARTS as he would know  :2thumbs:
B3 / CHARGER R/T SE