News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starting Daytona Project Finally with a 70 charger

Started by petercharger, February 25, 2008, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharger

best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

daytonalo

It is pretty much ones only option considering the plug is slightly wider than sail panel to sail panel ????

BigBlockSam

Quoteshowcars   

cool, maybe you could give us a review of there parts  after you install them . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on March 02, 2008, 01:37:47 AM
It is pretty much ones only option considering the plug is slightly wider than sail panel to sail panel ????

I've heard that some guys were beating them out wiith a hammer until the plug fit.

I just meant that cutting was the simpler solution................cupcake. :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Zinc

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 02, 2008, 06:57:40 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on March 02, 2008, 01:37:47 AM

I've heard that some guys were beating them out wiith a hammer until the plug fit.

I just meant that cutting was the simpler solution................cupcake. :icon_smile_big:

Wouldn't it be better to trim the sides of the vega plug down then cutting the sail panels on the charger?or is the window wider than the area between the chargers sails?I'm just curious?

daytonalo

Go ahead and you will having nothing left of plug !!! The area of glass channel on Vega plug is what rubs the sail panels

daytonalo

I wish you the best of luck , I have been building cars and race boats for 20 years, and now restoring cars full time , and to build a close to CORRECT Daytona is appearing daytona is an insane amount of work !! Now if you want a a nose that has no operating headlight doors or no plug , that would be less work , but look light poop !!

DC_1

Great project.....I look forward to following your progress. Lets see some pics of the nose you got.

Zinc

thanks daytonao, Iwas just curious thats all, I traded my Charger, before buying a daytona kit, I now have a 70 &71 sat. so I'm gonna build a Superbird, I haven't decided which car to use?how many wingcars have you built?

daytonalo

None !!!!!!!!! 75 % done with my Hemi Daytona clone

Larry

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

petercharger

I was told it was a showcar...the nose looks good the head light covers need some work..seem to be smaller then the opening. the wing looks fine has to wire running through it and then through the uprights..I now can see what you all are saying about the finish work..anyways here are some pictures hope they load..thanks peter

daytonalo

What about headlight buckets ? Do the scoops have mounting bosses ?? Grille frame ??

hotrod98

Okay now the real work begins. Another $2000 worth of parts and you'll be ready to get started. Been there...done that.
Good luck. This is the stage where most of the wing car projects stall out and the owner starts thinking about selling the parts and going on to an easier project.
I sincerely hope you're up to the task. I love it when a guy completes a wingcar. Don't see that too often though.

Even as talented as daytonalo is, his projects only 75% completed. Huh cupcake?  ;D

Charles Addams

daytonalo

Your correct , problem is I'm always making new parts .

BigBlockSam

daytonalo

If I was a guy who was not into super high standards , my Hunk of shit would have been done long ago

hotrod98

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 03, 2008, 03:48:38 PM
You do know that I'm on your side...right?  :angel:
You have to speak slower and in smaller words for cuppy .     
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69charger440

Yeah, that is a nice car, I went to Idaho to look at that car. Looked great with no primer, Now it looks awesome with primer!! I am glad some one on here got it. Cant wait to see some pictures after you get to tear into it!! :cheers:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on March 03, 2008, 04:11:19 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on March 03, 2008, 03:48:38 PM
You do know that I'm on your side...right?  :angel:
You have to speak slower and in smaller words for cuppy .     

You mean like the episode of Taxi where Jim is taking his driving test and asks what a yellow light means and Alex says ..."Slow down" 
Jim says...  whattttt.....doessss...aaaaa...yellowwww....lighttttt....meannnn.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteJim says...  whattttt.....doessss...aaaaa...yellowwww....lighttttt....meannnn.   

:smilielol:

hey cuppy if your car was painted and had a drivetrain and suspension done I'd say it was 70% done
you would then still have to do the final assembly interior and wiring .
stay focused my friend cause you still got a ways to go. Rene

BigBlockSam

QuoteThis is the stage where most of the wing car projects stall out a

your so right. I've seen a good 10--15 wing car projects get started and never finished . off the top of my head , Danes car is the only one I've seen finished. hopfully mine will be next. can you guys think of any other ones that where finished from this board? Rene

petercharger

Car just got prep ed and is going into the fab shop to start on Vega plug..then will be back in body shop to have nose started on...did a trial fit and I now understand the work that will take just to make everything fit..have enclosed pictures of ABLE who has done 3 chargers before mine..will post pictures as the project continues..thanks peter

BigBlockSam

Able looks kinda like my body guy. thats pretty funny.
hey Peter you did good with that body . man! that looks solid. Rene