News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CAN YOU BURN HOME HEATING OIL IN DIESEL TRUCK ????

Started by daytonalo, March 02, 2008, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Yes I know it is not legal , but I have heard of Guy's doing this for years , will it hurt anything ?? By the way F**k the goverment !!!

Larry

CB

In our country people get caught using the oil in their diesel cars.
Hugh fines have been paid for this illigal action  :eek2:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Tilar

very close to the same stuff, different tax rate. You make the call  ;)
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

daytonalo

Yea , yea , yea !!!! I'm talking about pick-up Trucks , my point is very small chance of getting sticked . Back to my question Cupacke , will the fuel work ??????????

Zinc

Quote from: daytonalo on March 02, 2008, 07:03:15 PM
Yea , yea , yea !!!! I'm talking about pick-up Trucks , my point is very small chance of getting sticked . Back to my question Cupacke , will the fuel work ??????????

I tried this in my Internation Dieisel scout,its kinda like a ford bronco, it smoked big time! like I was crop dusting!

Tilar

Yes it will work. It is like a cross between Kerosene and Diesel fuel, they are both interchangeable with no mechanical effects. One burns a little cleaner than the other.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

charger01

daytonalo

Well ,Deisel is 360 per gal , heating oil around 3.00 , that would be a grand total of .60 cents less per gal boy's and girls !!!!!

charger01

Quote from: daytonalo on March 02, 2008, 08:02:18 PM
Well ,Deisel is 360 per gal , heating oil around 3.00 , that would be a grand total of .60 cents less per gal boy's and girls !!!!!
Wow, Diesel is that high.  Guess I havent paid much attention.  Just know I have been paying about 3.20 for fuel oil for my house and it's killing me spending 500 bucks a month for it.

71ChallengeHer

The guys from the Speed Shop come in to the club and take our used cooking oil. They use it in their deisel trucks. Most places give it away , since they have to pay to dispose of it.  :shruggy:

daytonalo

Spoke to a buddy , been using heating oil for years !!

ACUDANUT

IMO you are going to pay far more in engine damage.  Yes it will run, but what are the long term effects ? :scratchchin:

daytonalo

His friend is a chemist , he said no difference , probably better since on road Diesel is low sulfur . I will tell you one thing , his Duramax will smoke many cars on this board !! I was in it and he went sideways no problem and he was pulling a trailer !! He beat a 390 AMX He has a programmer , and on # 5 this thing is an animal !!!

Larry

Troy

Sounds like you already have your answer so why ask us? This is obviously illegal (whether it works or not). The federal DOT fines are $1,000 or $10 per gallon - whichever is higher - for the first offense. Each state also imposes their own penalties. In the past I've locked threads encouraging other illegal activities (file sharing, VIN swapping, etc.) because I don't want to have to deal with any repercussions. Ultimately, you are responsible for your actions and if you get busted or break something then you also have to take the heat (and the ridicule that will surely follow). I don't think that if I were going to try this that I would advertise it on a public forum - especially one where you've posted your name and address. Maybe that's just me. :shruggy:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

daytonalo

I don't even own a Diesel , just wanted to know if we had Diesel experts out there . Trust me , I never mention names !! Kind of like Sopranos

chargerkid01

yes it will work Home heating oil is the sameexact thing as farm diesel I work for jefferson landmark out of bloomingdale ohio the number is 17409441971 we deliver home heating oil and farm diesel.  it is a huge fine though but as you f@@k the government and e black smoke it produces is awsome

Troy

It's "close to" the same thing - except the taxes haven't been paid. The "off road" diesel should have a higher sulfur content than the low sulfur highway fuel that is mandatory now.

Troy

chargerkid01

correct we run just about anything in our tractors off road on road heating oil whatever grandpa (a landmark fuel truck driver) puts in our bulk tank here at the farm tractor runs great!! to be honest we think it get better fuel mileage or in our case fuel to hours ran mileage than off road fuel. now a friend of mine he swears on bio fuel.. idk about it dont wanna try it. I also was reading about a kit you can but to run straight fry grease in your truck Yeah another mickydees  only on wheels ha bet ronald would like that funny smelling clown car. lol in all seriously we need to figure out better fuel prices or an alternative it is running us into the ground. :Twocents: :flame:

694spdRT

FYI: I hope noone ever considers running off road diesel in a new 6.7 Cummins or you will be walking.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

JimShine

When I was a teenager I worked on a highway offramp gas station. During the really cold Maine winters, the truckers would often ask if we had any heating oil on the premises they could buy because it would lower the gelling temperature. I would try to sell them the official anti-gelling stuff and they would pass as they would try to get off the next exit to find heating oil.

Troy

Quote from: 694spdRT on March 03, 2008, 09:52:53 PM
FYI: I hope noone ever considers running off road diesel in a new 6.7 Cummins or you will be walking.
Yep, even some of the "on-road" stuff - just ask Hemigeno.

Troy

694spdRT

Quote from: Troy on March 04, 2008, 09:01:22 AM

Troy

Our local dealer even advised me to keep my little 5.9 for now until the bugs are worked out.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

BMOTOXSTAR

You can burn Diesel in your home Oil unit though.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

chargerkid01

hemigeno

Troy

:brickwall:

It took nearly 1k miles for my 2007 truck to "clear its throat" and start running right again after fueling up in Zanesville, OH last year.  I thought I was gonna be walking there for a while, and that was after getting fuel from an Exxon/Mobil (name brand fuel) pump WITH the correct Ultra-low Sulphur sticker.  Then came a trip to the dealership once I got home to get the computer reset and remove the error message from the console/display. 

These new cats just will not handle anything but good-grade ULS, and you still have the chance of getting a bad tankful like I did.  That will be the case from here-on-out though with any new truck, so waiting probably won't help the situation any.  The only thing that will change is that more and more stations will be carrying the ULS fuel.  I was absolutely amazed at how few Pennsylvania stations carried ULS last summer, but I'm sure (hoping) that has changed since then.

I don't like paying taxes any more than most folks, but I hate walking even more...

:Twocents:

daytonalo

694spdRT

Quote from: daytonalo on March 05, 2008, 01:02:57 PM
How about gutting the cats ???

There is a regeneration system setup on these new trucks for emissions. I don't even think swapping all of the 2006 and older computer and exhaust stuff will make it work. Plus, if you mess up one of the new 6.7's any savings you might get from running off road diesel will be lost in your first trip to the dealer. Oh, do anything like that and the warranty is :flush:.

In some ways I don't really mind because, unlike before, I don't feel like a new truck would be an improvement over my '05 so there is no need to trade.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

694spdRT

Quote from: hemigeno on March 05, 2008, 12:44:54 PM

Troy

:brickwall:

It took nearly 1k miles for my 2007 truck to "clear its throat" and start running right again after fueling up in Zanesville, OH last year.  I thought I was gonna be walking there for a while, and that was after getting fuel from an Exxon/Mobil (name brand fuel) pump WITH the correct Ultra-low Sulphur sticker.  Then came a trip to the dealership once I got home to get the computer reset and remove the error message from the console/display. 

These new cats just will not handle anything but good-grade ULS, and you still have the chance of getting a bad tankful like I did.  That will be the case from here-on-out though with any new truck, so waiting probably won't help the situation any.  The only thing that will change is that more and more stations will be carrying the ULS fuel.  I was absolutely amazed at how few Pennsylvania stations carried ULS last summer, but I'm sure (hoping) that has changed since then.

I don't like paying taxes any more than most folks, but I hate walking even more...

:Twocents:

Sorry to hear about your troubles Geno. I had heard of troubles when guys tried to chip the new ones also. I hope your truck don't let you down any more or you might have to put a hitch on your Hemi Charger to pull the Daytona.  ;)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto