News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

problem with 03 ram 2500

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, February 16, 2008, 06:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

i changed the control arm today after convincing myself the upper ball joint was bad. occasionally i get a wicked metal to metal souind comming from what seems to be the drivers side front tire. i put the new control arm in and it still does it. so now $200 lighter and + 1 moog control arm i still does it. i got home after the test drive jacked it up. if you grab the top of the tire like stick your fingers inside the tread and pull towards you the wheel actually feels loose. i checked the lugs and the holes all seems fine anyone have any idea what the problem is? thanks, MIke

Tigger

Hi there, i'm assuming that your ram is 2wd and not a 4x4, since 2500 4x4 has a solid axle and no control arms. If the metal sound occurs when the wheel is turned all the way left or right, you might be hitting the so called steering stops. (metal to metal). This is just a guess, a detailed when, where, how description would help.

Brad

Back N Black

Sounds like a wheel bearing. You need a buddy to have a look under the vehicle, while you give the tire a shake to see what is actually causing the movement.   :Twocents: