News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHERE CAN I CORRECT WING GASKET MATERIAL ??

Started by daytonalo, March 04, 2008, 10:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I have a set of Year ones , there a little small for my upright , simply put , where can I buy the correct material ?? I will cut and make my own as usual ??

Larry

TomP

I got mine from Performance Car Graphics.  $8/ea.  I don't know if they make the Year One gaskets or if somebody else does.  They're pretty knowledgeable on wing cars.  They have all the stripes and nose cone seals, too.

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

daytonalo

Thanks Cupcake , but I need only the Material , every after market base varies from orig , that is why i need to make my own .

Larry

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on March 04, 2008, 10:52:56 AM
Thanks Cupcake , but I need only the Material , every after market base varies from orig , that is why i need to make my own .

Larry
dave's will not vary from original   go with the performanc car graphic one's
e
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

Quote from: moparstuart on March 04, 2008, 10:59:00 AM

Larry
e
I think the point is that he has after market bases so original or exact reproduction gaskets don't fit.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

daytonalo

Thank you Troy , maybe I need to go slower ? Yes the base and bolt pattern varies from orig .

Larry

TomP

Quote from: daytonalo on March 04, 2008, 11:33:08 AM
Thank you Troy , maybe I need to go slower ? Yes the base and bolt pattern varies from orig .

Larry
Call PCG.  They'll probably sell you a couple square pieces of the matieral they use so you can trim them to fit your wing.

Last time I talked to them, they were very accommodating and helpful.
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on March 04, 2008, 11:05:30 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 04, 2008, 10:59:00 AM

Larry
e
I think the point is that he has after market bases so original or exact reproduction gaskets don't fit.

Troy

ok got it now thought he was talking about the gasket varying not the wing 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

I thought I was the only kid on Forum who rode short bus !!!! THE AFTERMARKET WINGS Vary BECAUSE THEY ARE REPRODUCTIONS AND THERE IS ALWAYS CORE SHIFT !!!

Larry

hotrod98

Larry, take two aspirin, lie down and call us in the morning. ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i've bought 3 sets of wing gaskets and they where all made from differant materials.  :shruggy:

hey cuppy make sure you tighten up those wing bolts  . i don't wanna see it come off when you break the 200 mph mark . :woohoo:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

Ive seen a wing gasket that resembled the trunk mat material.And I had a set of NOS gaskets.Not sure but I recall a rubber tar paper type material
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BigBlockSam

hey Larry

canal rubber would have any rubber you need . thats where i got the rubber for my running boards of my rod. canal street , NYC . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

daytonalo

The Gasket from year one was thin rubber with what looks like cloth woven into it . I will make my own from trunk mat , Thanks Dave !!! And you too JUGHEAD !!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

Quote from: nascarxx29 on March 05, 2008, 05:26:51 PM
Ive seen a wing gasket that resembled the trunk mat material.And I had a set of NOS gaskets.Not sure but I recall a rubber tar paper type material

Hey Dave, that's what Gary Mendelow used, tar paper or "roofing felt" is the name I always have heard. I was a bit surprised, but you're the second person that's said this now.

Larry, if you want a free piece of roofing felt, I have part of a roll leftover from my garage in case you want to use it, or at least try it out. There are two thicknesses I usually see, not sure which one would be used, or which I have, but I can mail you a piece.

Let me know if you want it & just give me your mailing address.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

daytonalo

Thanks ! but it is definitely not roofing paper . It is very much thicker than asphalt paper . It is rubber with some kind of cloth woven in for strength

daytonalo

BigBlockSam

Quote"roofing felt   

i use "roofing felt as a top pad on my gas tank  :yesnod:

daytonalo