News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of Power Window mounting please, 69 charger

Started by 1969chargerrtse, March 05, 2008, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Allright, I did my job by searching on ebay , Google, and here for pictures of the mounting of a Power Window motor in the front door.  My motor has a bracket off the bottom end and a bracket on the door inner shell but they are about 1" apart and the nut clipped on the motor bracket seems backwards?   Bottom line, anyone have a picture of the motor mounted to the door?  Many thanks.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

poppa

What year brackets are they? Should be dated. I hope I have some pics,otherwise I'll be askin' you when I put mine back together....I'll look tomorrow.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

poppa

Found one right away.For a 70,same thing.Do you have the bottom piece of the bracket??

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: poppa on March 06, 2008, 10:56:26 PM
Found one right away.For a 70,same thing.Do you have the bottom piece of the bracket??
Yes, thats what I'm asking about.  My motor bracket is 90* the other way so I'm correct that its on backwards.  I think.  I really need a close up to see which side the wires come out of, which way the nut is clipped, etc...  My motor wires are on the bracket side, which is why I can't have it that way.  Any chance of a close up off the motor/bracket area?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

poppa

Anyone have that motor apart??Maybe they put the cylinder part on 180.Just a thought.I will look tonight when I get home from work.Poppa

mike337

Mine are not installed in my doors yet.  I can get you a pick of the motor/wiring later today.

Mike

poppa

It is cold so I took the pics pretty quickly.Hope they help.Poppa...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: poppa on March 07, 2008, 08:45:52 PM
It is cold so I took the pics pretty quickly.Hope they help.Poppa...
A big thank you, and thanks to everyone for your help.  Yep, mine motor was backwards.  What I mean is it looks like the driver motor should be in the pass side.  Thats why the motor bracket was away from the door bracket because the motors are swapped.  The guy that put this car back together after paint was an idiot.  I spend more time correcting these type of things.  Thanks guys, and thanks poppa for going out in the cold for me. :notworthy:

gtx6970

the motors themselves will not interchange from side to side due to gear locations

sounds like the lower brackets are switched- easily removed and swapped to the other side

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 08, 2008, 11:24:57 AM
the motors themselves will not interchange from side to side due to gear locations

sounds like the lower brackets are switched- easily removed and swapped to the other side
Yes, kinda.  What I did was remove the 2 screws that hold the basic motor together.  Then I swung the cyl around and the base where the wires come from.  Then I put the bracket back on and now it's correct.  Wires out toward the out side, bracket on the interior side, just like the pictures.  Thanks All.

poppa

No problem.After all the help I get from this forum,it's cool I can return the favors once in a while.Need anything else....let me know.Poppa

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: poppa on March 09, 2008, 02:33:37 PM
No problem.After all the help I get from this forum,it's cool I can return the favors once in a while.Need anything else....let me know.Poppa
Well, I found out the rear left is N/G, the front right is very weak and sloppy, so I can see I'll need to replace these units, know of where and how thats done?  Thanks for your help.

poppa

You could try an auto electrical place,somewhere where they fix/rebuild starters,altenators,etc.I might have a spare , not sure though. Would have to check if interested. Let me know.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: poppa on March 09, 2008, 03:37:02 PM
You could try an auto electrical place,somewhere where they fix/rebuild starters,alternators,etc.I might have a spare , not sure though. Would have to check if interested. Let me know.
Well, this year is the motor engine compartment fixings.  Next year, 4 spd or complete interior overhaul.  So no rush for now, I'd like to locate re manufactured units somewhere.  Haven't looked around yet.

poppa

runningman

I took mine apart, cleaned, lubed and painted them.  I didn't try them before I started but they worked when I was done and they look great.  I will take a pic of them and post in a day or two.  I have a question on the quarter windows.  I think I am missing some pieces for them.  Matt

poppa